🐨 Planet Zoo: Update 1.3 and Australia Pack out now! 🐨

Keeper will perform any immediate tasks before dancing, and will not dance in a habitat.
Thanks for the Information. I thought it would be a funny Picture where a Zookeeper is dancing and behind him a Bear is running towards him
Thanks for sharing. That's absolutely great 😆

I would prefer more African animals, but there are enough interesting animals in Europe to make a DLC of four, even if we not include the seal species:

Elk (moose in the US) or Red Deer, Eurasian or Iberian lynx, Eurasian badger, ibex.

Frontier could even include the Saiga, because there are a few in Europe left

don't forget beaver! Beavers, otters, lynx, moose, and other deer species are all highly requested. Having both a Europe and North America pack would make it possible to cover all these animals. Maybe the Roosevelt Elk, Mountain Lion, Beaver, and Red/Arctic Fox for the NA pack, and the Lynx, Otter, Ibex, and Moose for Europe.

Last edited:
Eh, I'd rather have the Amur leopard. The "big five" is only a concept important to trophy hunters.
Well at least some of a few zoo games had complete set of big 5.
Zoo Tycoon 1, Zoo Constructor (no full leopard subspecies name given) and Zoo Tycoon 2 (plus African Adventures and downloadible black leopard whose location was Africa)

Well at least some of a few zoo games had complete set of big 5.
Zoo Tycoon 1, Zoo Constructor (no full leopard subspecies name given) and Zoo Tycoon 2 (plus African Adventures and downloadible black leopard whose location was Africa)
Does not change the fact NZ Fanatic stated. "The big five" is historical not a zoo term but a trophy hunter term. It has no meaning for zoos whatsoever. Of course you can wish for the five animals to be included in a zoo game. But they are just as random as every other 5 animals, because no zoo aims for "having the big five", but instead for "having a wide variety of species to raise conservation awareness."

That said, I second the wish for an Amur Leopard. In addition to that: In my opinion every continent of the world except africa currently needs more attention in the game. Including those DLC continents ironically.

Does not change the fact NZ Fanatic stated. "The big five" is historical not a zoo term but a trophy hunter term. It has no meaning for zoos whatsoever
I don't think we need to linger on older uses of that term - nowadays it's mostly used for tourists.
A quick way to show people that their tour include these animals - trying to give a positive swing to originally a bad term. (because that term won't disappear)

That said, I second the wish for an Amur Leopard
Will an interesting one to add. Bit curious which Leopard will make the cut.

I don't think we need to linger on older uses of that term - nowadays it's mostly used for tourists.
A quick way to show people that their tour include these animals - trying to give a positive swing to originally a bad term. (because that term won't disappear)

I'm not bothered about having the "big five" as a thing although I'd happily have those animals but it's something I associate with safaris (not that I have ever been on one) rather than hunting and I know people who have been on safari holidays in Africa (no hunting) and they used the term.

Yeah, but no matter if you use the term for trophy hunting or photo hunting ;) on a safari, it's not a zoo term. I don't know, for me, it doesn't sell the argument why we need an african leopard and can't go with a species whos region is not that well represented in the game.

(We are in the wrong thread, aren't we?)

Top Bottom