🐧 Planet Zoo: Update 1.4.1 and Aquatic Pack out now! 🐧

Not sure if anybody else is having an issue with the glass barrier door. Using it in my game slows it down considerably for a few seconds and freezes it, as if the game is trying to recalculate the area of ALL the habitats again. The game will stall for a minute or two and then goes back to normal. At first I thought it was a new formula for all door barriers that was being implemented, but nope, it's just the new glass door.

Not sure if anybody else is having an issue with the glass barrier door. Using it in my game slows it down considerably for a few seconds and freezes it, as if the game is trying to recalculate the area of ALL the habitats again. The game will stall for a minute or two and then goes back to normal. At first I thought it was a new formula for all door barriers that was being implemented, but nope, it's just the new glass door.

Thanks for pointing that out, I need to test that! I don't remember if I used them in the save that is lagging so badly, but it might be an explanation.

I've had the issue of the Otters walking and flying through their barrier walls and then a new one - two of the Otters got caught in a screeching loop - they were just stuck in their animations, in a Dr Who/ Ground Hog day time loop and the sound was like a screeching banshee. Had to sell them both to stop the noise.

Ookay... This piece of news ends my short break to the game :D

Never thought fully submerged swimming would be possible to this extent, so exciting!

I sorry to say this, but this has completly ruined my hype for the update. This is by far the worst change you made to the game. The thing I enjoy the most in this game right now is my huge breeding program. This change means that it will be waaaay harder for me to continue doing this, if it's even possible anymore (I don't even want to think about how horrible it will be when I start with the turtles -.-)

It will also be nearly impossible to redesign your zoo without starting over completly with new animals if you have a semi big zoo. It will also mean way less animals in the market, as people will most likely just release the animals to make room. I can't see how this benefits anyone in any way, it just makes the game much much worse :(

I cannot second this enough. Just came back to the game after a break and I was excited to try out the new stuff, but I play as a breeder and frequently have hundreds of animals in my Animal Trading. Yes my game has problems occasionally saying that I am not connected to the Internet and I assume this is what they were fixing, but I am more than willing to tolerate that to be able to play the game the way that I would like to, as a breeder. It's just not possible to maintain any type of animal quality without going over the 50 animal limit in the trade center.

Can this at least be a toggle? It really does ruin the game for me in its current state.

Happy New year Frontier,

Appreciate its just after xmas and maybe a small thing but can you please confirm you are looking into Donation bins not working on Sandbox Mode. Challenge mode they work Sandbox nope. I am not the only person reporting this. Keep up the good work

Thanks

Boldson, I also had this issue (no donations) in Sandbox. Someone told me to UNcheck the boxes that 1) make guests stay longer and 2) make guests never run out of money. I forget exactly what those options are called, but they're under Settings/Game/Guests. For whatever reason, unchecking them resolved my donations issue. Worth a try maybe...?

Boldson, I also had this issue (no donations) in Sandbox. Someone told me to UNcheck the boxes that 1) make guests stay longer and 2) make guests never run out of money. I forget exactly what those options are called, but they're under Settings/Game/Guests. For whatever reason, unchecking them resolved my donations issue. Worth a try maybe...?

Thank you so much. It worked. How strange still a bug though.

Since the last update I have problems while playing the game. Now that I've built 6 habbits and some vivariens the game is frequently going to freeze for 1-2sec and then it goes on. Then it freezes for a few seconds and after that it will go on. The frequency of the freezes seemed to be more and more the more I built. Is there anyone who have the same problems?

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Since the last update I have problems while playing the game. Now that I've built 6 habbits and some vivariens the game is frequently going to freeze for 1-2sec and then it goes on. Then it freezes for a few seconds and after that it will go on. The frequency of the freezes seemed to be more and more the more I built. Is there anyone who have the same problems?

Hey Michael! Could you please send your save file to community@frontier.co.uk? Our team would like to take a look.

Thanks for letting us know!

wondering is there any limit of how many animals allowed in the zoo, my animals textures become blurry after i added all the animals from aquatic dlc.
Its a big zoo with all animal species from base game and dlc. Currently got around 300 animals in the zoo with no guest inside.

this is the comparison after i added the 4 new aquatic animals in my zoo.

ok.jpg
blur.jpg

Jay Wilton

Community Manager

Hey Michael! Could you please send your save file to community@frontier.co.uk? Our team would like to take a look.

Thanks for letting us know!

Hey Michael, just as an update - thanks for your save game sent over earlier! Our team has found the issue and it should be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
wondering is there any limit of how many animals allowed in the zoo, my animals textures become blurry after i added all the animals from aquatic dlc.
Its a big zoo with all animal species from base game and dlc. Currently got around 300 animals in the zoo with no guest inside.

this is the comparison after i added the 4 new aquatic animals in my zoo.

View attachment 203350View attachment 203351

Hey! This looks to be an issue with Texture memory running out. The game is changing the level of detail to maintain your park's variety of animals with how big it is. I'm afraid this is an issue with the amount of memory you have so outside of potentially lowering the variety of animals or increasing your PC's memory, there's not much more I can recommend

Hey! This looks to be an issue with Texture memory running out. The game is changing the level of detail to maintain your park's variety of animals with how big it is. I'm afraid this is an issue with the amount of memory you have so outside of potentially lowering the variety of animals or increasing your PC's memory, there's not much more I can recommend

Jay even though someone helped me with a fix can you sort out the minor issues of donation bins not working sandbox. It seems if i toggle any of the guest features on in settings they don't work. Bit annoying. Thanks. Already reported along with others on issues tracker

Jay Wilton

Community Manager
Jay even though someone helped me with a fix can you sort out the minor issues of donation bins not working sandbox. It seems if i toggle any of the guest features on in settings they don't work. Bit annoying. Thanks. Already reported along with others on issues tracker

Hey Boldson, as you've popped it in the tracker the relevant team will already be aware of it. Thanks!

I have decided to remove the otters from my zoos as they are constantly running through solid barriers and causing my guests to flee. Lemurs do this on occasion too, but at least they don't ruin my zoo by causing half the guests to evacuate.

I love the otters but won't be using them again until this is patched as they are just too glitchy.

Top Bottom