Planet Zoo Update 1.9.1 is out now!

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Zookeepers!

Update 1.9.1 is now available for download. Simply update your game before you play! This update includes various bug fixes, and you can read more below:

Planet Zoo - 1.9.1 Update Notes

This update contains bug fixes.

General Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Animals
    • Added Aquatic Biome tag to the Danube Crested Newt and Moose
    • Fixed the Nile Lechwe Education Board displaying the incorrect information regarding Biomes
    • Fixed the Asian Small-Clawed Otter Education Board displaying the incorrect information regarding Biomes
    • Made standing behaviour animations for the Asian Small-Clawed Otter occur more frequently
    • Reduced the navigation size for the Asian Small-Clawed Otter
    • Reduced the swimming frequency in favour of wading on the Red-Crowned Crane
    • Fixed animals not getting infected from corpses inside habitats
    • Fixed the Wild Water Buffalo sometimes failing to interact with enrichments
    • Polished the Red Crowned Crane Juvenile walk cycle
    • Fixed an issue that caused some Okapi calls to not play correctly
    • Fixed an issue that caused water dripping sound effects to continue to play for an extended period of time instead of fading out naturally when moving animals from water to dry areas
    • Updated the Platypus so they will now deep swim with their eyes closed
  • Scenery
    • Habitat Heaters and Coolers are now powered by the habitat they are contained within
    • Fixed an issue where the level of guest education speakers would ignore Sound Effects volume settings
  • UI
    • Misc
      • Workzone dropdown is now alphabetised
      • Fixed Explore Camera falling through elevated paths
      • Removed references to food quality from the enrichment UI for enrichments that ignore the habitats set food grade e.g. Block of Frozen Fish
      • Fixed an issue where education boards would not be highlighted in heatmaps.
      • Fixed some capitalisation errors within objectives for 'Green Leaf Zoological' Timed Scenario
      • Changed help text for water customisation to more accurately reflect functionality
      • Fixed a consistency issue in the Placement Controls header
      • Fixed inaccurate shortcut description for Blueprints in Settings
      • Fixed missing thousands separator for the number of minimum guests required in the Zoo for an objective in Timed Scenarios
  • Stability
    • Fixed a rare crash that could happen when placing a Guest Spawner
    • Fixed a potential crash when a screen linked to a burrow camera is selected
    • Fixed a crash which would sometimes happen when placing or editing scenery items which can have custom media displayed on them
    • Fixed a rare crash when loading a zoo with educators
    • Fixed a crash when loading or creating lakes with complex geometry
    • Fixed a crash that could happen when opening the Audio Visual Management Screen
    • General stability fixes
  • Performance
    • General performance fixes
Please note: If you're experiencing crashes on your Ryzen system, please update your BIOS to the latest version using the files and procedures found on the motherboard manufacturer's web site

Last edited:
Workzone dropdown is now alphabetised
Oh excellent, I wasn't expecting that.
Reduced the swimming frequency in favour of wading on the Red-Crowned Crane
Can you guys also do this for pretty much every animal? I have the smallest watering hole I could possibly make in a bunch of hoofstock habitats and all the animals jam themselves in to swim near-constantly.

Really great to see such quick responses to feedback. Especially glad to see the platypus having closed eyes underwater! One further request (if it’s not been noted yet) is for platypus to have their land area requirement drastically reduced - at least to substantially below their water requirement. IRL platypuses hardly leave the water except to go to their burrow (unless they’re looking for a new place to live). I’d hope for at least half their water requirement (which is already very high) rather than double their water requirement. Thanks for all your great work! Love the update.

Last edited:
These are all excellent fixes, ESPECIALLY the otter hitbox fix.

However, I hope that the clipping animations for the red crowned crane are investigated, especially the ones concerning the wings.

As well, I think the juvenile Nile lechwe could use some model edits to look less like a small female.

Last edited:
Since I didn't get an answer in the last update thread, I am going to try again:
Fixed an issue where temperature bounds were not accurate in specific biomes, resulting in some animals not being able to cope with excessive heat or cold in their native biomes. The majority of animals should now not need heater or cooler support when placed in a zoo of their native biome, barring a few intentional exceptions where species have a noted problem in coping heat or cold (i.e. Moose)
This has led to the Tundra Maps no longer being cold enough to be covered by snow unless it is actively snowing all the time, which isn't ideal at all.
Can we get some confirmation on if this was an intentional consequence of fixing this issue or just a mistake? Some of us are being badly affected by this, and it would at least be nice to know if we just have to live with that or if it will be looked into.

Not being able to have a permanent snow cover completely changes the aesthetic of your park, when you went with a style fitting the snowy landscape. This is a big bad change for those of us who used to enjoy the tundra maps. Please let us know if this is a permanent change or not.

Since I didn't get an answer in the last update thread, I am going to try again:

This has led to the Tundra Maps no longer being cold enough to be covered by snow unless it is actively snowing all the time, which isn't ideal at all.
Can we get some confirmation on if this was an intentional consequence of fixing this issue or just a mistake? Some of us are being badly affected by this, and it would at least be nice to know if we just have to live with that or if it will be looked into.

Not being able to have a permanent snow cover completely changes the aesthetic of your park, when you went with a style fitting the snowy landscape. This is a big bad change for those of us who used to enjoy the tundra maps. Please let us know if this is a permanent change or not.

This is a huge issue and I do hope we can get some kind of official response on this baffling change.

Eltanin Casciani

Community Manager

Hey there, apologies for missing this in the other thread!
Dev is aware and looking into this, thanks for making sure it was brought to our attention 😊

Workzone dropdown is now alphabetised

The list is now alphabetised if you click on a staff member and open the dropdown menu from the small window of the staff member. However, if you open the dropdown menu from the general staff management window, the list is still unordererd:

20220421174129_1.jpg

Hopefully this list can be also alphabetised in a future update.

The list is now alphabetised if you click on a staff member and open the dropdown menu from the small window of the staff member. However, if you open the dropdown menu from the general staff management window, the list is still unordererd:

View attachment 303309

Hopefully this list can be also alphabetised in a future update.
That will be great. But just even having it in some kind of order from the individual staff member is a tremendous help. Having OCD and liking order, it probably bothered me more than some, but I felt it was an absolute mess the way it was.

Top Bottom