Planet Zoo: Wetlands Animal Pack and Update 1.9 Out Now! 🦦

Weird: Yesterday evening I updated the game and installed the dlc. I had a crash once but after that I could play without any problem.
Now I just wanted to start the game again and the game didn't start, because my planet zoo.exe file was gone! I validated the game files but didn't get a new exe file.

After some searching I found it: in the quarantaine of my anti virus. (???) I never had this before....:eek:

I ran into an issue with my tundra sandbox map after the update.
Suddenly it is always plus degrees unless I got snowy weather turned on. Before the tundra map would always be in minus degrees, which meant it would be constantly covered in snow, also when it wasn't snowing. (unless you used the rain trick).

Now my map is always without snow unless I got it constantly snowing, which is quite an issue when you build your zoo to be seen covered in snow.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Suddenly it is always plus degrees unless I got snowy weather turned on. Before the tundra map would always be in minus degrees, which meant it would be constantly covered in snow, also when it wasn't snowing. (unless you used the rain trick).

Now my map is always without snow unless I got it constantly snowing, which is quite an issue when you build your zoo to be seen covered in snow.

Yes actually i was discussing this on reddit, before the max temperature was 9°C/48°F and now the temperature has doubled and in franchise mode it's a problem because all the animals from the arctic and king penguins have heat problems, it seems as if global warming has come into play

I just checked this and I am completely dismayed to see that it is the case that if you select clear weather the snow melts. A terrible development. Please, please, please give us manual temperature control in sandbox so that we can have snow cover and clear skies on any map or at least keep the tundra map cold so that the snow does not suddenly melt once it stops snowing.

7484543B-C0C0-48B4-B919-D47E359D0016.jpeg

EDIT: here is a picture of snow in northern Sweden in February. The sun is shining and the sky is blue but that doesn’t mean the temperature suddenly goes above zero and the snow melts away completely. It has always frustrated me that in Planet Zoo snow falls but melts once it stops actually falling but for this to happen even on the tundra map is deeply, deeply disappointing.

Last edited:
Oh and by the way, I have waited after the update if this was not fixed but, after all that time we have educators, I have never noticed that they are missing an icon in the main zoo overview hub. Would be great if they were added, they are our staff too!
I hadn't notice this before, thanks for pointing it out. I've created an issue for this: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/49306

I just checked this and I am completely dismayed to see that it is the case that if you select clear weather the snow melts. A terrible development. Please, please, please give us manual temperature control in sandbox so that we can have snow cover and clear skies on any map or at least keep the tundra map cold so that the snow does not suddenly melt once it stops snowing.

View attachment 301976
EDIT: here is a picture of snow in northern Sweden in February. The sun is shining and the sky is blue but that doesn’t mean the temperature suddenly goes above zero and the snow melts away completely. It has always frustrated me that in Planet Zoo snow falls but melts once it stops actually falling but for this to happen even on the tundra map is deeply, deeply disappointing.
I have created a dedicated thread to this issue so it doesn’t get lost amongst other comments on the new pack.

After a couple days with the pack I gotta say I absolutely love it! I love all the animals in some sort of way! The Water buffalo is so beautiful and adds so much to our lack of asian hoofstock. The Nile Lechwe is such a cool addition because it showcases the diversity of ungulates and adds an aquatic antelope. The caiman (while not my first choice for a crocodilian) is beautiful and very versatile! And probably has the cutest baby crocodilians in the game! The platypus is so unique and important for representation and smaller animals and so beautifully done. The ASCO is the cutest animal in the game and is so incredibly diverse to use! The Capybara is beautifully animated and so necessary to our game! The newt is a beautiful new animal I had no idea existed! The Crane though.... I did not expect this to be my favorite in the pack but it absolutely is! It’s so beautiful and adds so much building potential to our game. It reminds me of our Sandhill Cranes here in Florida. Frontier we NEED birds from you if they’re all gonna come out this beautiful! I was so worried about them based on the screenshot because of the wings but in motion I’m blown away by them! I do gotta say though... absolutely my favorite thing in this dlc so far has been the BALD CYPRESS TREES! I can finally create the gator infested swamps of my beautiful Floridian home! I’ve had so so much fun using them and they’re breathing knees! I really wanna say thank you frontier from the bottom of my heart! ❤️ You guys knocked it out the park this time!

Top Bottom