Planetary circumnavigation event

We have a few late starters so you wouldn't be alone.
Cool, I've pretty much already decided to make it a point to get back to the bubble in time. I actually might be able to make it there for the start depending on how work is that day, otherwise I'll catch up with you guys.

Edit: Hauled tail back to the bubble today, went and mapped Kumay, returned to my home station to sell the data and fit out one of my ships full of SRVs. I'm all set.

Last edited:
I think they estimated it will probably take a month. It's been a lot of fun so far, they picked a great planet for this event with plenty of beautiful scenery in the sky and on land. I'm currently at Blue Cliff Valley.
Nice going for a late starter - you're just ahead of me now (I arrived at Coluber's Folly this morning).

@Falcon JSDF - it's going really really brilliantly if I do say so myself! WAY beyond expectations (and I expected a lot).

Check out some of the Buur Pit videos for coverage of the launch event last Wednesday:

We're also expecting another video of the first night's mountain climb and one from the "First Kumay nipple jumping festival" which took place at the Grand Canyon Crater on Saturday (I think Cmdr Buur is struggling to keep up with all the video footage he now has of us).

Here's a taster of some "nipple jumping" ..

.. and here's a typical bit of travel video ..

Nice going for a late starter - you're just ahead of me now (I arrived at Coluber's Folly this morning).
I actually didn't get a late start though I thought I might during the build up. I made it back to the bubble on time and got off work early enough on the 27th to make it in time for the big starting gun... although there were only 3 of us on XBOX. I even got there early enough to get in a little racing in with Mr Korma 666 (Metacognitive or something like that on Discord) at Bridger before we set off.

I think they estimated it will probably take a month. It's been a lot of fun so far, they picked a great planet for this event with plenty of beautiful scenery in the sky and on land. I'm currently at Blue Cliff Valley.
Wow this would be a whole new type of space madness. At least with a small ship to Beagle point you can get out of the seat and stretch the legs.

I'll probably get to the North Pole when I wake up in the morning. I figured I'd be there by now but I spent a long day in the Northern Route on Thursday and the little playing time I got in Friday I spent exploring the Fire Mountains/Sulphur Peak area. When I last left the game I had exited the mountains and was facing the pole ready to head across the ice

I finished yesterday. 30 days and 22 hours (and 11 SRVs) after setting out from Bridger with 2 companions I arrived back there alone. Even though my company dropped out and I spent the majority of the month traveling alone I never really felt isolated because of the great thread (not this one, the main one) for the expedition where we all shared our stories/screenshots/videos. Thanks for putting this on, it was a lot of fun and an unforgettable experience. Besides all the amazing sights/experiences I became (as promised) a MUCH better SRV driver. At the beginning of the expedition I had to repair twice before we even left Bridger, just from racing the course. I got motion sickness climbing the mountains and went through enough repair materials the first 2 days to build an Anaconda. Cut to 3 weeks later and I'm scaling The Cliffs Of Insanity like it's a step ladder then jumping off and driving for about an hour before I need repairs. I hope there's another one some time in the future, not too soon though as I'll need a while to recover from a month of nothing but SRV driving. As much as I enjoyed the journey it was VERY sweet to charge up the FSD and watch Kumay get smaller behind me.

Bravo commander, brilliant write-up! Thanks for joining us and really pleased to hear that your SRV driving has improved so much. Don't blame you at all for taking delight in charging the FSD and putting Kumay behind you, not even at the South pole myself yet so a long way left to go for me. Once tasted tho' I'm not sure the itch for long distance SRV driving ever really leaves you so perhaps we'll do this again some time? Fly safe! o7

Top Bottom