Horizons Planetary hud question

Can anyone tell me what the numbers in the bottom right of the planetary HUD indicate? I know that one is the gravity of the planet, but can't find any info on the other two.

Can anyone tell me what the numbers in the bottom right of the planetary HUD indicate? I know that one is the gravity of the planet, but can't find any info on the other two.

There is also a directional gyro (full circle = 360 deg.) on top of the coordinates, helping you to stay your course.
N = 0 deg., E= 90 deg., S = 180 deg., W= 270 deg.

Does anybody have any resources to show how to get from one set of planetary co-ordinates to another? I just can't figure it out :(

Except that it got the lat/long description wrong in the first line:
Lat = +/-90 deg. and Long = +/-180 deg.

There you go!

It´s very basic but that´s how we do it to meet on specific locations!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=198085

scroll down until you find : 6.. Planetary Landings Guide & Locating Coordinates

have fun practicing it will take some time but u will get used to it.

Fly safe
Cmdr Lil´Bear

Cheers dude. I eventually got there last night after drawing myself some reference diagrams and scratching my head a lot :)

They should have added the artificial compass into the hud as soon as you enter orbital flight, it would have made staying on course much easier... my guess... they never tried to land at specific locations or just didn´t care enough....

and add a function to the Beacon Off/Wing/Local for larger fleets.. that would be really nice and add a lot more possibilities to gameplay!

Fly safe,

Cmdr Lil´Bear

Last edited:
I'm currently working on a tool that can calculate heading to go from coordinates to others coordinates

Coords.png

Have to make more tests but works fine atm.

Example: I was on coordinates X, and tried to go to -6.0000 / -90.0000
My tool gave me heading 022° / 51 km.

And , taking heading 022° on straight line, I came here:

Coord.jpg

Keep you advise !

Top Bottom