Planetary Snakepit

This is a new one. During a salvage mission in a settlement I suddenly got a mauve adder. now I lost a power generator and the whole settlemnt is deprived of all lootable stuff. This is really annoying.
Do I have to contact support now, that the not really working server communication 'cost' me a power regulator?

Did they do a server side update maybe?

I've noticed that in oribt planets seem to have colorful personalities. I saw one that had green patches. Some with canyons. Once approached in low flight they resort to the sour milk color over everything.

No, the colors were ok for me.

It has come so far that with every drop to the surface I get a Mauve Adder. The last mission I just attempted to finish was a spyware upload. After I 'sucessfully' finished the upload ( I heard the voice chiming 'upload complete') but the mission didn't update. Then there was the Mauve Adder again and after entering the game the mission didn't progress, but the spyware I needed to fulfill the mission was gone. so I am Stuck with a Mission that I can't finish.

At this point I am really frustrated.

Another Question would be, is it intended that the loaders for the defense mission are always present?

Last edited:
I've only landed on one planet since the update, and that out in the black, had no problems there so it may be the settlements causing the issue, I will land on a few more when I get the chance to check.

With update 13 this fun snakepit intensified. Now I get mauve adders in combat zones. Constantly. At the time the enemy counter gets down to 5 it stops counting down any further, no matter how many enemies are killed. a short time thereafter I get a mauve adder, but I am not at the settlement where I last fought,oh no, I get transported back to the station where I picked up the destination. My ship is still at the planet where I landed. Also in the second instance the accumulated kills weren't counted. I only got 33000 cr. But I clearly saw numbers flashing up much higher then that.

By the way, the initial problems with mauve adders on approach to a settlement are still there. even more constant.

Am I really the only person with such problems?

With update 13 this fun snakepit intensified. Now I get mauve adders in combat zones. Constantly. At the time the enemy counter gets down to 5 it stops counting down any further, no matter how many enemies are killed. a short time thereafter I get a mauve adder, but I am not at the settlement where I last fought,oh no, I get transported back to the station where I picked up the destination. My ship is still at the planet where I landed. Also in the second instance the accumulated kills weren't counted. I only got 33000 cr. But I clearly saw numbers flashing up much higher then that.

By the way, the initial problems with mauve adders on approach to a settlement are still there. even more constant.

Am I really the only person with such problems?
I haven't tried any combat zones since the last update, but on the occasions i've had mauve adders in the past i've found it was usually my comp losing its wifi connection, not saying its the same for you, just what tended to happen to me on win 10, haven't had the issue on Win 11

Thank you CMDR Rabbit and Felix DiCestria for your insights.

No changes on my router also no disconnects. I already checked that. Also It is not an 'always' but more an 'very often'. Prior to Update 11 I experienced no such problems. It is just funny that I can freely drop into an instance of a station or outpost, in the middle of nowhere, close to planets and also other POIs on planets, but not into settlements, specifically Odyssey settlements. Starports on the surface, guardian and thargoid POIs and engineer locations are also no problem.

Top Bottom