Played half an hour...

I feel that ED is on par with other big software devs, say Bethesda Softworks. Elders Scrolls games are notorious bugfests, most of which BethSoft never fixes; player made unofficial overhauls typically fill in the gap.
Oh, man....can you even imagine what ED would be like if they had the tools available to the community and allowed modding? Be like a dream come true!

I love this game, truly, have been having a blast....but the possibilities I can envision for what a modding community would do with it makes me almost giddy. If only.

I feel that ED is on par with other big software devs, say Bethesda Softworks. Elders Scrolls games are notorious bugfests, most of which BethSoft never fixes; player made unofficial overhauls typically fill in the gap.

I don't like it, but with a game like ED of galactic scope it's not surprising. And ED is very playable; I have encountered relatively few bugs. I feel there are more design flaws than actual bugs.
Mmmm..

Speaking of Bethesda, I’m getting quietly excited about Starfield. I invested a good chunk of life into Morrowind/Skyrim/Fallout.

If Todd Howard’s team are attempting to create a Beth version of ED I’ll totally be getting a copy. I’m sure it’ll be filled with all the usual bugs, Fallout 76 really rocked my faith in them...

My fingers are tightly crossed that Starfield will blow me away.

Oh, man....can you even imagine what ED would be like if they had the tools available to the community and allowed modding? Be like a dream come true!

I love this game, truly, have been having a blast....but the possibilities I can envision for what a modding community would do with it makes me almost giddy. If only.
We'd need an offline Solo mode for that though, I think. Not outside the realm of possibility, but likely not on the near-term table.

We'd need an offline Solo mode for that though, I think. Not outside the realm of possibility, but likely not on the near-term table.
Would be doable with PG's too, I'd think, you'd just need to make sure you have all of the required mods for the group in question. Similar to other mp games that allow user content, like say NWN.
I know this isn't something we're even remotely likely to ever see for ED, but a man can have dreams.

@Milkman76, not saying you should be happy about the bugs at all...but with 1000 hours in the game you certainly can't ignore that you got what you paid for in spades. I'd consider myself lucky if every game I purchased gave me even half of that many hours of entertainment.

You seem confused. You think it makes sense to say "since you played the game a lot, you got your money's worth, stop complaining" when the company literally markets and sells the game to be an open-ended multiplayer sandbox space-sim? Somehow, in your world, my play time invalidates my critiques of the game? What a crappy marketing strategy!

Q: Do people who have played the game for years have legitimate criticisms about the way the game has been developed? A: No of course not, they are jaded. Don't listen to them =P

Top Bottom