Player Agency & Wasted time at the Interstellar initiative

Since the multi-state update to the BGS (3.3?) there have been issues. With the march update, FD said this:

It is very much possible that the changes have not yet had the result as hoped, and more tweaks are needed.
Thanks Ian...

I’m just wondering if OP’s quest was doomed from the very start. (With or without interference from FD)

I am conflicted on this. On one hand undoing the hard work of a single actor with a sweep of the GodModWand is something that should be limited at the least. A more creative approach is perhaps warranted, but being busy preparing for the CG could have led to missing the signs that something damaging to the plot was under way. This case was, I would think, not well advertised by the OP before he set out to undo all FDev's hard work setting up the challenge. Which brings me to ...

On the other hand...

The race was announced along with the start time and location. During the course of the week, as the officials were setting out the course and necessary logistics, a single runner was out trotting along the course's route. On the day of the race, just before the starting gun sounded, the early runner stepped up to the finish line proclaiming a win. Having started before the race actually began is it any wonder the results were disqualified and the race set off as planned for everyone else?

I think Ouberos should be proud of what he single-handedly accomplished. Being able to knock a system from stable high sec down to near lock down in a week is a challenge worthy of note. I would not expect the race officials to let the results stand, however, simply because it would ruin the plan they had and the expectations of the CG participants.
Where the h*ll was FDEV, monitoring the change in security leading up the CG, noting the activity of a few (or many) commanders probably murdering NPCs by the tens to hundreds? Even if they had no plan for this, why did they wait unit the CG started to attempt to adjust the situation.

FDEV, asleep at the switch... again...

Looks like that's it, folks. Zende Partners just passed Segnen Exchange without triggering a war. This is impossible in that system unless Frontier manually disabled the War state. If they've done that, no doubt Lockdown is also gone.

o7 to everyone who helped with this.

Hmm I see what both sides are saying but wouldnt it be better if they just add some message to Galnet like: Some criminals are trying to undermine Zenda effort to establish ferry to Wherever so they ask all pilots who want to help with this to kill criminals in Wherever system to keep them from putting system into lockdown?

This completly changes what I thought about how it works in Elite. Well what I dreamed about.

Hi Oubs. Sorry you wasted your time.

Just coming back so I can get my mind off of other things... posts like this don't bode well for my level of engagement.

Looks like that's it, folks. Zende Partners just passed Segnen Exchange without triggering a war. This is impossible in that system unless Frontier manually disabled the War state. If they've done that, no doubt Lockdown is also gone.
Zende and Segnen are both Corporate, so an Election would be the more likely conflict type. Frontier can disable conflicts without disabling non-conflict states - certain key systems are protected this way: it doesn't surprise me [1] that they have, since they need there to not be a conflict already ongoing for when the next CG starts. (And they'll also need to override the normal conflict type for the next CG to happen at all)

Zende are in Expansion state, so it's clearly not a blanket disabling of all states. Lockdown may still be possible (if highly unlikely in practice given the way the security slider works)

[1] Okay, that's not entirely true. A bunch of previous conflict CGs have started off a little oddly precisely because Frontier didn't disable conflicts in the lead-up to them, so it wasn't guaranteed that they remembered this time...

Top Bottom