News Player Factions - Faction Description Update

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Holidays for the three peoples involved in the game development? :rolleyes:

To dispell any misunderstanding here: it isn't about manpower. Adding player faction descriptions to the game requires a client update. During the next client update (Chapter Four), we will process and implement the approved player faction descriptions since our last client update. Because there will be some time before the Chapter Four update and a following update, we won't be able to process new descriptions until then, hence the cut-off date for new player faction descriptions.

I've sent various applications to update our ingame description for a couple of years now. Our current description actually causes us problems from time to time since the 13th Legion split off from us in December 2015. Sometimes folks come looking for us hoping to hurt them. I've been told 'I'll deal with this personally' a few times. We wrote a more generic description to handle changes to player faction in the upcoming years without the need to rewrite it further years ago now. Still nada.

Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure if we've previously been in touch, but could you please contact me via community@frontier.co.uk or, if you have Discord, Will Flanagan#3755? Thanks!

Adding player faction descriptions to the game requires a client update. During the next client update (Chapter Four), we will process and implement the approved player faction descriptions since our last client update.

If only you could update clients at a whim as many times you liked, like back in the PC only days.

I've sent various applications to update our ingame description for a couple of years now. Our current description actually causes us problems from time to time since the 13th Legion split off from us in December 2015. Sometimes folks come looking for us hoping to hurt them. I've been told 'I'll deal with this personally' a few times. We wrote a more generic description to handle changes to player faction in the upcoming years without the need to rewrite it further years ago now. Still nada.

Same here. I had many contacts and attempts with Brett C in the last year and in January.
He had agreed to update the description but unfortunately it never happened.

To dispell any misunderstanding here: it isn't about manpower. Adding player faction descriptions to the game requires a client update. During the next client update (Chapter Four), we will process and implement the approved player faction descriptions since our last client update. Because there will be some time before the Chapter Four update and a following update, we won't be able to process new descriptions until then, hence the cut-off date for new player faction descriptions.

Like a Squadron you mean?

Just and idea but, we could give them a big ship to carry their entire fleet, wadda ya reckon?

Adding player faction descriptions to the game requires a client update.

Hi Will. Are we to assume that this will change after Chapter Four is released? Meaning, will Chapter Four give you the ability to enter new factions and their descriptions without the need for an app update (i.e. enter all data needed in the server database)?

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hi Will. Are we to assume that this will change after Chapter Four is released? Meaning, will Chapter Four give you the ability to enter new factions and their descriptions without the need for an app update (i.e. enter all data needed in the server database)?

Hi James Son, this won't change after the launch of Beyond - Chapter Four. We will still require a client update to implement player faction descriptions.

Really hope that our description will be added this time. I was in contact with support prior to 3.2., they told us to rewrite the description. We did that, sent it to them and got this answer (22.8.):

Thanks for providing the updated description! I've written that up to be added and passed on to our design team, and hopefully we can get it implemented in one fo the forthcoming updates. We're a little close to 3.2 to say for certain that it'll be included - August 28th! - but if not, it will be scheduled in for the next update later in the year.

If there are any issues with the revised description, I'll be certain to contact you to let you know.

As I didn't hear anything since then, I suppose that it will be added. But would be good if this could be double checked, as we are waiting for that quite a long time and don't want to miss 3.3 :)

PMF: Legion of Prometheus
System: Wolf 127

Top Bottom