player factions

probably one for the Devs.

Is there a way to get more information on the player factions? Like which Cmdr set it up, lore, whether the supporting cmdrs are still active etc?

I've used Inara and searched on the internet but to no avail.

Thanks!

No, PMF's are technically not player organisations so you are not going to find that information and FDev have never released info on who founded which PMF's.

You can use Inara however to see if a PMF is linked to a squadron and if the squadron name is the same as the PMF then it is quite safe to assume the PMF was founded by same persons within that squadron. You could then use squadron roster information / in game squadron numbers along with checking data on how quickly their PMF is increasing in influence across all their systems to make an educated guess as to how active this squadron are in supporting it.

To harness the power of this fully operational deathstar forum you could name the faction, someone might know 🤷‍♀️ Data protection means fdev won't share details with you - I guess you could ask them to pass on a message, but if it's just idle curiosity I wouldn't bother them.

The application process was horrible for a long time.
So many groups disbanded or gave up by the time they were inserted in-game. There are hundreds of groups that do not rule their home system.

It got better and now many more groups are experimenting with the BGS and ruling one system, but small groups can very easily burn out.

My advice to ANY group (any CMDR really) is to set up an INARA presence -even if you don’t use INARA to organise- people need to be able to find you.
Most groups understand this.

If you’re not on INARA you kinda don’t exist. I’d treat them as NPCs.

Absolutely this. If a good-faith effort doesn't turn up contact information for you, then you do not exist.
The problem comes with these zombie PMF cluttering systems where people may wish to install an active faction... I wish there was a pruning policy against these dead ends.

Top Bottom