Player Groups and Minor Factions - General Discussion

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Brett, do we have an ETA on the PMF registration website? I got 12 dudes chompin at the bit to register We were about to submit.

I've been searching for the quote but can't find it, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I remember a rule that was introduced for new player factions being added to a system, that they required to be of the same allegiance as the current controlling faction. I.E. Federation controlled system (with only Federation and Independent factions in the system) an Empire player group cannot ask FDEV to add them into that system as their allegiance doesn't match the current controllers. Can someone please confirm this for me? Thanks

Brett C

Frontier
Brett, do we have an ETA on the PMF registration website? I got 12 dudes chompin at the bit to register We were about to submit.

Last time i said something about "sooner than you think", I made people mad or something to that extent. ;-)

So, with that said, the new PMF system should go live between July 14 2018 over to December 31 2018.

I think the new PMF system is really nice. Primarily, it does a sanity check on systems inputted, which allows you to check in near real time if the desired system(s) are available. Plus, it won't be limited to me to sift through all of the applications - there will be a few others to assist with the approval process. At the core, it'll be more direct injection to the game, as it's cutting out the middleman and other delays. The flow looks something similar to this: You login to the site -> fill out and submit form -> we see it on our ED Admin tool -> we hover the mouse over two buttons, reject or approve. Approve - adds you to the game on the next server tick (i believe), and reject just sends you an email that it was rejected for X, Y, Z reason(s) among resetting your application. :)

Brett C

Frontier
I've been searching for the quote but can't find it, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I remember a rule that was introduced for new player factions being added to a system, that they required to be of the same allegiance as the current controlling faction. I.E. Federation controlled system (with only Federation and Independent factions in the system) an Empire player group cannot ask FDEV to add them into that system as their allegiance doesn't match the current controllers. Can someone please confirm this for me? Thanks

Alliance to Alliance, Federation to Federation, etc.

Last time i said something about "sooner than you think", I made people mad or something to that extent. ;-)

So, with that said, the new PMF system should go live between July 14 2018 over to December 31 2018.

I think the new PMF system is really nice. Primarily, it does a sanity check on systems inputted, which allows you to check in near real time if the desired system(s) are available. Plus, it won't be limited to me to sift through all of the applications - there will be a few others to assist with the approval process. At the core, it'll be more direct injection to the game, as it's cutting out the middleman and other delays. The flow looks something similar to this: You login to the site -> fill out and submit form -> we see it on our ED Admin tool -> we hover the mouse over two buttons, reject or approve. Approve - adds you to the game on the next server tick (i believe), and reject just sends you an email that it was rejected for X, Y, Z reason(s) among resetting your application. :)

Will this website have anything for already registered factions? Or is it only useful for the registration process?

Hello, Brett! I want to clarify the description of the faction where will be posted? In the description of the system or where else? If in the system, then I think that our description should be corrected? If anything, I'm talking about the Eol Prou ​​Branch.

Sounding pretty great!

Off the top of my head, something nice to add onto this in the future is a means by which one can update their already-established player faction.

And maybe at the same time that that convenience is added, establish a rule about dormancy. For example, if a player group is clearly dead and dormant and their ingame faction is thus unsupported, it becomes a normal Non-player faction (without needing to change anything else about it in the BGS), and can thereby make way for new player group faction submission requests that might otherwise be obstructed by its presence ingame.

Hopefully I made sense. lol

PMF: The Fellowship of the Wing

With this new system coming in I take it I still need to keep on waiting (currently 11 Weeks from being added and about 18 months since my first application) to get my PMF issue sorted and I take it I will probably need to reapply.... again, my issue is how will this work as on Inara and Eddb we are already in-game as a player faction who has not been assigned to a system if I need to reapply as we are already classed as a PMF will my future applications be rejected.

Last edited:
With this new system coming in I take it I still need to keep on waiting (currently 11 Weeks from being added and about 18 months since my first application) to get my PMF issue sorted and I take it I will probably need to reapply.... again, my issue is how will this work as on Inara and Eddb we are already in-game as a player faction who has not been assigned to a system if I need to reapply as we are already classed as a PMF will my future applications be rejected.

I don't see how or why being mentioned as a PMF on Inara or Eddb would make Frontier reject your PMF application, as Inara or Eddb aren't in any way, shape or form related to or managed by Frontier.

Hello, Brett! I want to clarify the description of the faction where will be posted? In the description of the system or where else? If in the system, then I think that our description should be corrected? If anything, I'm talking about the Eol Prou ​​Branch.
The faction description is displayed on the galaxy map when you move your cursor over the system (not the system map).

You seem to have the same problem like me and a few others (see our posts above). The PMF descriptions weren't added with the latest patch, unfortunately Brett doesn't know why.

@Brett: pls see my PM from a few days ago for more details on our faction

Last edited:
I don't see how or why being mentioned as a PMF on Inara or Eddb would make Frontier reject your PMF application, as Inara or Eddb aren't in any way, shape or form related to or managed by Frontier.

I know Eddb and Inara are nothing to do with Frontier I didn't say they were affiliated with Frontier.

We have already been accepted has a PMF and removed from the system we were placed in due to an error in placement and we have not yet been reaasigned to another system and keep getting told to wait.

I was just stating these 3rd party websites are showing us as a PMF I don't know where they get their data from but it means somewhere in the programming we are there already in name only and if I re-apply using a name that is already there would I be rejected

Last edited:

It shouldn't affect your application.
From what I can see, The Fellowship of the Wing were added to eddb.io on the 26th April 2018 to the Centralis system and then removed from it on the 27th by user TWSS (whoever that is).
It wasn't deleted, just removed from allocation against Centralis.
Inara takes its feed from EDDB hence why it also appears there.

When your PMF is eventually added, the next PC player that to land on / scan a station where you have presence will update your PMF entry to show your actual location.

As has been said by discocat, it shouldn't stop your introduction into the game. Eddb and Inara all take their feed from the Frontier data.

The faction description is displayed on the galaxy map when you move your cursor over the system (not the system map).

You seem to have the same problem like me and a few others (see our posts above). The PMF descriptions weren't added with the latest patch, unfortunately Brett doesn't know why.

@Brett: pls see my PM from a few days ago for more details on our faction
Damn. Just need to change the description, otherwise I thought that this is only a description of the faction at the station and not on the system. It was necessary to warn about this, otherwise I feel that my description, which is suitable for the bulletin board, is not suitable for describing the system.

Last edited:
3rd party tool got their data about PMFs from players, not from the game. So Frontier won't reject you cause Inara says you're implemented somewhere, that's intel players gave Inara (and it can be wrong).

3rd party tool got their data about PMFs from players, not from the game. So Frontier won't reject you cause Inara says you're implemented somewhere, that's intel players gave Inara (and it can be wrong).

We were not in game long enough for players to setup my faction on inara or eddb

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom