Player Groups and Minor Factions - General Discussion

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi Brett,

The last significant response we received from you was back in December 2017, where you told us we could be added within the week.

Since then, apart from a brief message again in January, we haven't had a single response to our DMs, forum posts and emails.

Could you please do me the courtesy of opening a dialogue so that we can understand what is going on?

Many thanks.

Full timeline below:

Apr 25th 2017 – Player faction request submitted.
Jun 30th 2017 – Approval received via Elite Dangerous forum for player faction to be added in-game.
Oct 2nd 2017 – Follow up email from Augustus to Brett to ask why PRIA had not been added yet. Received a response on October 3rd to say that the faction should already be in-game. Augustus replies to confirm that we are not showing up in-game. No response received back.
Nov 2nd 2017 – Email sent from Augustus to community@frontier.co.uk asking for assistance. No response received back.
Nov 12nd 2017 – Direct message sent to Brett from LuckyLuke asking the same as the above. Response received November 22nd “My sheet is reporting your minor faction is in the game world.’’
Nov 22nd 2017 – Direct message sent to Brett asking if we should raise a support ticket. No response received back.
Nov 26th 2017 – Direct message sent to Brett also highlighting that the spreadsheet extract had the government type listed incorrectly for PRIA and wondered if we had been mixed up with another faction. No response received back.
Dec 4th 2017 – Augustus emails pharvey@frontier.co.uk to ask for guidance (on the prompt of Paige on the Facebook community page). No response received back.
Dec 8th 2017 – Email response from Brett to Augustus, saying the matter had been escalated and we could be in-game within a week.
Jan 22nd 2018 – Direct message sent by LuckyLuke to Brett, response received same day “Hi, so to ensure - your minor faction is indeed NOT in the game world at all?’’
Feb 6th-8th 2018 – Brief email exchange between Augustus and Will. Augustus forwards his email history to Will for his information. No response received back.
Feb 21st 2018 – Direct message sent by LuckyLuke to Brett to ask if there was any follow up. No response received.
Mar 5th 2018 – “RP” style email sent by Kieron Mastersson asking for an update. No response received.
Apr 17th 2018 – Direct message sent by LuckyLuke to Brett to ask if there was any follow up. No response received.
Apr 26th 2018 – Forum post by Brett mentioning that PRIA had been rejected by FDEVs scripts.
Apr 26th 2018 – Forum post by LuckyLuke asking for clarification. No response received.
May 1st 2018 – Long email sent by LuckyLuke to Brett, Will and Paige with complete history of this and request for clarification. No response received.
Apr 26th-Present – Multiple forum posts and DMs sent by LuckyLuke. No response received.

Mate,

Your perseverance is both incredible and exemplary.
We wish you all the luck you deserve to be finally placed into the game.

Good luck!
o7

Hi Mates and fellow player group/PMF leaders!

The only thing I can say/add - please don't give up if you are still in the process of applying/being placed.
It's worth if you finally get your little area of space - even though the process takes/took far too long.
But we are all excited about any improvements being implemented soon - considering Brett's and Will's statements.

Does anybody know when the next batch of space buddies shall be implemented?
o7

Brett C

Frontier
Hi Mates and fellow player group/PMF leaders!

The only thing I can say/add - please don't give up if you are still in the process of applying/being placed.
It's worth if you finally get your little area of space - even though the process takes/took far too long.
But we are all excited about any improvements being implemented soon - considering Brett's and Will's statements.

Does anybody know when the next batch of space buddies shall be implemented?
o7

If i am not mistaken, the absolute final batch of PMF's via the old submission form will be worked on soon, if not completed already. I've not had any updates in this regard however.

Myself or Will, will be mass mailing everyone that were not included in the final batch via the old submission form.

Brett C

Frontier
The new system seems pretty awesome, but how does it help those of us who have already submitted our pmfs, followed every requirement, and had our pmf placed in game back in April, for them to disappear shortly after? What do we do to fix it?

With the amount of entanglement ongoing right now with the current system, I would recommend on holding off until the new submission system via our ED site is opened up.

Brett C

Frontier
Hey Brett,

I am unaware if this question was answered. My PMF, Terminus Syndicate is already on the pending list for April and May 2018. With the new system, does another application have to be submitted? Or is the current one with the old system still viable?

Thank you.

I see it listed on the master sheet - approved by me, but seems nothing was ever done to it there on after.

Would recommend to use the new submission form when it's released.

If i am not mistaken, the absolute final batch of PMF's via the old submission form will be worked on soon, if not completed already. I've not had any updates in this regard however.

Myself or Will, will be mass mailing everyone that were not included in the final batch via the old submission form.
Sounds good :) But please don't forget about the missing system descriptions for PMFs already added to the game (though I understand getting other PMFs into the game has a higher priority).

In our case it's the PMF "Legion of Prometheus" in Wolf 127 (see also my PM from July 4th).

Clarification

Someone keeps insisting to me that, because it was stated (by Brett) that the final batch of PMF submissions made via the old system were already processed, and that people are being advised not to use the old submission form anymore, that this means that new PMF's won't be considered for being added to the game going forward. They are essentially stating that Squadrons will replace PMF's.

However, that's not what I got from any of this. As I understand, a more streamlined system is being put into place to make this easier to apply for and manage for future PMF applications. I've always understood PMF and Player Groups to be separated, but maybe I misunderstood.

Can someone please clarify this for me? Will submissions for new PMF's still be an option going forward with this new system? Thank you.

Can’t necessarily speak to the new process as I’m not sure any one has difinitive proof on how it will work, FDev haven’t released that. As I understand it by what Brett said any submissions made now won’t be processed as they transition from one system to the other. I don’t think anyone has suggested squadrons will replace PMFs, maybe they replace player groups. PMFs should still be a thing moving forward. If anything has been suggested it’s that PMFs and squadrons will actually be separate and not linked.

As for them being separated, that’s not entirely true. In order to submit for a pmf you need to have a player group and have a minimum of 10 members so this fallacy that they are sperate doesn’t actually exist.

@Will and @Brett, guys if the google form is no longer to be used, wouldn't it be better if you guys take it off that thread? That way people wouldn't be lead to think the "old process" still work.

Brett C

Frontier
Someone keeps insisting to me that, because it was stated (by Brett) that the final batch of PMF submissions made via the old system were already processed, and that people are being advised not to use the old submission form anymore, that this means that new PMF's won't be considered for being added to the game going forward. They are essentially stating that Squadrons will replace PMF's.

However, that's not what I got from any of this. As I understand, a more streamlined system is being put into place to make this easier to apply for and manage for future PMF applications. I've always understood PMF and Player Groups to be separated, but maybe I misunderstood.

Can someone please clarify this for me? Will submissions for new PMF's still be an option going forward with this new system? Thank you.

We're doing a final batch pass on the google form data, simple as that. edit: Engineering has asked for all PMF's on the list, so It'll encompass the recent submissions (up until last night as that was when I disabled the applications page) as well.

We plan to kick the old PMF google form to the curb soon and bring in the new goodness on our ED site soon. :)

We're doing a final batch pass on the google form data, simple as that. edit: Engineering has asked for all PMF's on the list, so It'll encompass the recent submissions (up until last night as that was when I disabled the applications page) as well.

We plan to kick the old PMF google form to the curb soon and bring in the new goodness on our ED site soon. :)

Awesome! I look forward to seeing the new system in play.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom