Newcomer / Intro Player journal after disk format

Is there any way to download or export from game full journal (from start point to present state) if I disk has been formatted/damaged?
If I play on few PC's and want to use EDDiscovery, this tool reads player journal. So what if I stop playing on PC and start to play for a few days/weeks on laptop. Mine PC will have gap with journals right?

From the game client? No.

If you've been uploading your journals to EDSM either directly or with a tool like EDD, then it's possible to recreate your journals from the data saved there.

So If I don't want miss anything I have to install on every PC or laptop EDMC for example and then sync from EDSM to EDDiscovery? Not cool :(

Is there any way to download or export from game full journal (from start point to present state) if I disk has been formatted/damaged?
If I play on few PC's and want to use EDDiscovery, this tool reads player journal. So what if I stop playing on PC and start to play for a few days/weeks on laptop. Mine PC will have gap with journals right?

So If I don't want miss anything I have to install on every PC or laptop EDMC for example and then sync from EDSM to EDDiscovery? Not cool :(

1 a) You could just make sure you back up your journal files every so often.

b) You can copy your journal files between devices.

c) I considered trying to use a NAS for the save game files but couldn't be bothered to investigate it - maybe you can.

2. If you play on multiple devices you can also use the portable version of EDDiscovery.

Last edited:

If you can recover the journal files.

Specifics would depend on the damage or the kind of drive and what you've written to the drive since it was formatted. A standard format doesn't erase anything on a mechanical HDD, but writing new data most certainly can.

I would preffure for Fdev to create their own Exploration data center, with correct and up to date data, instead of relying on this 3rd party software.

A thousand times yes. I mean, I can see how many level 2 scans I have but cannot see first discoveries. Why FDev? Why?

I know stuff about recovery but I was very curious more about journal than recovering it. Well maybe in near future FD will allow us to download full journal :)
Meantime FSS need to be fixed asap! :confused:

Top Bottom