Player Mass Lock: Is it's removal intentional??

The sooner they leave, the better it is for a game. Non-consential PvP shouldn't exist in ANY game.

As a member of the lawful PvP community, this isn't even a factor. The gankers are at the skill level that they could high wake whenever they want anyway. The gankers we kill want to be be killed because they play to the death. Quick low waking? meh

I don't understand the exploit nature of this bug. Getting away from gankers quicker by low waking? That's it? This is what will cause the PvP community to abandon ED in droves? wow

Come on Krash, with this bug anyone willing to opt out of a PvP combat (EVEN a consensual one) can do it anytime by low-waking. Low-wakes charging much faster than high-wakes.
The only PvP which would remain are tournaments and organized fights. All other combat types would be inherently flawed (security, anti-griefing, pirating) whereas griefing (grieving?) would still occur as baby seals won't be able to low-wake better/faster than they currently can high-wake because they would be long dead before even a low-wake has successfully charged.

Come on Krash, with this bug anyone willing to opt out of a PvP combat (EVEN a consensual one) can do it anytime by low-waking. Low-wakes charging much faster than high-wakes.
The only PvP which would remain are tournaments and organized fights. All other combat types would be inherently flawed (security, anti-griefing, pirating) whereas griefing (grieving?) would still occur as baby seals won't be able to low-wake better/faster than they currently can high-wake because they would be long dead before even a low-wake has successfully charged.

You make my point for me.

Is this an Open-only bug?

I was in an anaconda last night, got interdicted by an NPC anaconda so I submitted and boosted and on attempting to low wake (I was close to station) got the inhibited by factor of 23 message, with slow FSD charging until I was over 5km away.

(BTW how does their MLF 23 inhibit my MLF 23? I thought that was wrong.)

Last edited:

I was in an anaconda last night, got interdicted by an NPC anaconda so I submitted and boosted and on attempting to low wake (I was close to station) got the inhibited by factor of 23 message, with slow FSD charging until I was over 5km away.

Yes, we can still be mass locked by NPCs

This is annoying as hell when it happens after exiting a station, more often than not there is a fat T-9 nearby which prevents low waking. FSD need to be made immune to all types of gravity.

Some won't believe it when they see a resolution? What!?

Timing is everything, my boy.

Some will continue to see a "conspiracy" if the timing of any such resolution is more convenient for some than others.

My time in this game is coming to an end before too long one way or another, so it's all popcorn to me.

But I do have a higher than average "investment" of time and money in this game, so I'm going to at least enjoy the show on my way out the door.

This is annoying as hell when it happens after exiting a station, more often than not there is a fat T-9 nearby which prevents low waking. FSD need to be made immune to all types of gravity.

The bug we see now is due to the temporal graviton particle present in the CMDRs escape pod, which disrupts mass lock. The only question is why has it taken this long to manifest itself.

How can you have played the game for so long and not know that identical ships mass lock each other?

Do you pay attention to nothing when you play?

I know a lot of people claim to use the game as a netflix companion app, but come on man.

I'm not even trolling at all here. I'm genuinely perplexed.

Hello there,

This is not intentional and appears to be a bug. The team are aware and will be investigating a fix for a future patch.

We'd like to thank the community for raising reports regarding this issue, and hope this clears up any confusion.

Thank you and may I make a suggestion?

These threads are common, and just clutter up Dangerous Discussion in general, because the bug report forum just isn't frequented by most. It's a largely uninteresting place I'm sure you can agree.

I think it would help a lot to make a sticky that lists all current major known bugs, their descriptions, and provide a link to the corresponding bug thread to help spread the information that they are known and being investigated and to help de-clutter Dangerous Discussion.

Doable?

Imsorrywhat ?
I thought your point was that this bug wouldn't drive PvP'ers away from the game. Don't confuse PvP'ers ang griefers, lots of PvP playstyles are flawed by this bug.

Sorry, i wasn't more clear. This bug wont make much difference to players like me. The noobs still have to learn how to find the FSD key.

I'm now struggling to believe that this is a bug, because usually major gameplay bugs are fixed within a couple of weeks of a release.

BWUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

iu

Wait, you're serious?

BWUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

The sooner they leave, the better it is for a game. Non-consential PvP shouldn't exist in ANY game.

It doesn't, you know what you do when you play the game and know what to expect or I presume so. In other words, it's not non-consential if you know you'll be facing people who try to blow you up.

This guy gets it.. Noobs still get ganked, yet everyone else gets an easy escape from danger. Good gameplay!

Some of you clearly have no clue of the complexities or dynamics of open-world pvp... oof I've just realised where I'm posting this, of course you don't. My apologies.

This guy gets it.. Noobs still get ganked, yet everyone else gets an easy escape from danger. Good gameplay!

Some of you clearly have no clue of the complexities or dynamics of open-world pvp... oof I've just realised where I'm posting this, of course you don't. My apologies.

If it was some kind of intentional change done on the sly, it is pretty ironic that it only actually hurts "legit" piracy.

The crap you guys need to do takes time.

We don't really care if a player low wakes.

They still have to high wake or dock to escape from us.

Pelucheuh trying to act like a normie doesn't change that.

ZO

Top Bottom