Player Minor Factions: General Discussions

Please pay attention to the part where the new system says one can't choose a system which is more than 500Ly from Sol.

That I did not do (had no reason to review it as I had expected on having this the way I originally intended back end of summer last year.), thanks for advising that detail.

Guess that makes sense then.

The period of inactivity could be discussed. When I say months, I thinkf of at least.... I don't know... 6 months? There are PMFs which have been abandoned for more than 1 year. They are simply there... "occupying space", blocking other people from requesting said system.

In our own example...

System = Guathiti
PMF = Bloodhounds of the Empire

Because of that PMF we couldn't be created in Guathiti, one year ago. By that time, that PMF was already inactive. And I say that because I really don't believe someone would request a PMF and woudln't try to gain control of the system or at least own a single station. But that was the case. They didn't have a single station and were always in "bottom 2" position in the system :(

I have done plenty of analysis on that. The typical PMF (51%) is instantly abandoned (or was never intended to play the BGS with), never worked, never gains a single asset, let alone a system (home system or not). All it is is a player group presence in the game, taking up space.

vER6Jev.png

A full 71% own nothing or just one system. And these numbers are a little skewed even, as this is eddb.io data, which allows player groups to mark NPC factions as PMFs (generally large ones). So it's actually even worse than this represents.

This is very much why our group prefers to speak of "player supported factions" rather than PMFs. Because the majority of PMFs are simply not player supported, whereas a number of the largest factions are NPC/procedural factions (and thus obviously are).

Last edited:

Brett C

Frontier
How can we check status via that link please, it seems to be a form to accept new requests only?

Looking to check on a request that was made and put into pending status a year ago. As far as I'm understand we don't need to re-enter the request using the new system.

If you've submitted a PMF via that form, when you login a second time and beyond, it should show you the status of the PMF.

Brett C

Frontier
should the new stythem not be faster? Tomorrow I have the application in the new sytem and nothing happens

Application does not mean instant addition to the game world. The applications are still reviewed, not by me - but by multiple people now. Once approved, they click a button actually called "Approve" in our admin tool, it adds your PMF into the additions list for the next server tick. Once that happens, your PMF will be in game.

Brett C

Frontier
Recently, upon trying to submit my PMF form. I received this ….

"Your user account is not permitted to submit a minor factions request at this time - Please try again later or contact customer support for more information."

I am curious if anyone else has run into this issue.

I do enjoy this new system, it is much easier.

Thank you

Are you playing ED on the XB or PS4 platforms by chance?

Are console players still having problems logging in and using the new system? Asking because our group received the email asking if we'd like to cancel our application on the old form and use the new system but if it's not working I guess it's safer to leave the old application in place?

Are console players still having problems logging in and using the new system? Asking because our group received the email asking if we'd like to cancel our application on the old form and use the new system but if it's not working I guess it's safer to leave the old application in place?

I got the same email and didn't seem to have any problems submitting on the new system, I am a console user but that shouldn't make any difference

Just tested without submitting and it seemed to work fine, nice easy process :) two questions tho, if a system you chose comes up with a green tick does that mean it's available and if we reply to the email asking if we'd like to cancel our own application how long would we need to wait before we submit the new application?

Cheers :)

I have the "Your user account is not permitted to submit a minor faction request at this time - please try again later or contact support message" error just now.

This is for PS4. Is there a known issue I should be aware of?

New PMF website

Okay, so I’m able to access the new website and fill stuff out. The problem is when I hit submit, it says that I don’t have access to do so. I’ll give it a few days, but I’m trying to get a system before someone else finds it.

Brett, our faction history is ~3 years already. By the way, we have 2 factions - one in old bubble, one in Colonia. Due to this - questions\remarks:

1. Do we need to register once more? Common sense told me, that NO, however... And how (and is it needed) to attach existing faction 2 new faction system? - maybe, carriers and other new content will be linked to new faction system. Relation between new and old style factions is not clear indeed - maybe, it'll be useful to describe it.
2. Will it be possible to rename existing faction with old history? because we grew rapidly and it was not possible 2 rename our faction during previous player group registration
3. Please, check the squatting with attention! We were registered in Dangerous games and in Colonia expansion, and I think, that it's not too dangerous 4 us, but for others...

Once more - please, do not forget about old factions - it's really important.

Nice Job Brett! Submitted my player faction. One question though, I submitted a player group 3 weeks ago, Im hoping my faction request doesnt get revoked if the player group hasnt been processed yet. Our group The Politburo was also spelled The Politburu in the faction app, hope it doesnt give youall too much of a headache.

Brett or Will,

In the application thread several criteria are listed.

There is no mentioning of the faction number criteria.
Does this mean applications can now be made for systems with 7+ factions as well?

Thanks for clarification
o7

Are you playing ED on the XB or PS4 platforms by chance?

Yes, I am currently on the Xbox.

As instructed via the message, I contacted Frontier Support and followed their instructions. However, it did not work.

Currently, I am still unable to send an application.

At this point, I am unsure of what to do.

Top Bottom