Player Minor Factions: General Discussions

We have been at war for a few days. During that time we have won at least 2/3's of all battles we've fought in CZ's, turned in boat loads of combat bonds, been completing massacre missions and so on. Yet we are totally losing the war. Mind you, this is a out of the way system that does not see many commanders coming through. So frustrating...

We have been at war for a few days. During that time we have won at least 2/3's of all battles we've fought in CZ's, turned in boat loads of combat bonds, been completing massacre missions and so on. Yet we are totally losing the war. Mind you, this is a out of the way system that does not see many commanders coming through. So frustrating...

In a war state system, don't you need to go to the faction's controlled outpost/station and check which commodities it desperately needs and provide them (as well as completing the specific aid missions)?

Aye, but does my last message not stand still? It's not just about Combat Zones is it... it's a multitude of things?

During War and Civil War, only war related activities (winning CZ battles, Combat Bonds, war missions, Bounties) count towards winning each day and ultimately, after 7 days, the war. Other things like trade, non-war missions, exploration data, etc. can still boost a faction's economy stat (and provide you with credits and faction reputation), but they don't effect the outcome of the war.

Now, while that's working most of the time, we need to allow for the fact that there's still bugs being reported where actions appear to be producing inconsistent or opposite results for some people.

KILLCO37 - looking at the recent history for your system, the controlling faction have been in an Investment state for a while, which implies that players have been completing a lot of trade and/or trade missions in there, boosting their Economy stat right up. Looking at their Security stat, that's just jumped up to Civil Liberty, which could be caused by players handing in Bonds and/or Bounties.

There's a very good chance that you're facing player opposition to your attempt to take over the system. It could be people trying to keep it as a Federation system.

EDIT - look at the station news for Traffic, Crimes committed, Bounties handed in and the local top 5 wanted Cmdrs. Also look at the faction details in the Status tab (right hand ship panel) to see if Economy and Security are increasing or decreasing for each faction. These can all give you a good indication if other players are active in the system and an idea of what they've been up to.

I'd also recommend using this website and looking up your system:
https://elitebgs.app/
By default it shows the last 10 days in the system (data from EDSM/EDDB) but if you set the date filter to start a few weeks ago and you can see what's been happening before you arrived in the system.

Last edited:
Still no response on my player group or player faction status from frontier I have reapplied a couple time but not even as much as an email. I really wanna set this up for my group but they are kinda getting bored at this point. Its a colossal mess.

Hi have request the Group with the actual form. I received the response from google. now i need to wait a confirmed email from Frontier and After can i request to create a minor faction?
Or i can request to create a minor faction now because the request of group is already done with the group submission form?

Hi have request the Group with the actual form. I received the response from google. now i need to wait a confirmed email from Frontier and After can i request to create a minor faction?
Or i can request to create a minor faction now because the request of group is already done with the group submission form?

Send in your faction request straight away :)
They usually get added fairly quickly these days; keep an eye out in-game for them.

Top Bottom