Players

is it me or are the player numbers dropping by a large margin? xbox one is practically dead same as ps4 add that to viewership on both mixer an twitch....... need more content guys!

Nah, feels about the same over here on PC.
It peaks after any update, and minor peaks after a sale, but tapers off again.

Happens all the time.

Awaits the graph someone posted once

is it me or are the player numbers dropping by a large margin? xbox one is practically dead same as ps4 add that to viewership on both mixer an twitch....... need more content guys!
We have enough content already, we need more interesting content!

Do you play as a good person?.. Are you annoying?.. Don't you mess around?..
Ok, then I can go OPEN from SOLO.

Player activity always increases around an update & drops off after as people consume the new content. I still meet new players fairly regularly, don't tend to see so many of the same players again & again though, maybe the way the game is now lends itself more to travelling around rather than staying in one part of the bubble. I play in Open on PC.

Player activity always increases around an update & drops off after as people consume the new content. I still meet new players fairly regularly, don't tend to see so many of the same players again & again though, maybe the way the game is now lends itself more to travelling around rather than staying in one part of the bubble. I play in Open on PC.
Not only that, it decreases with good weather as well.

Ths gives you some idea of the trends. It shows that the number of people playing is about as low as it's ever been. It isn't the total number of players, but is a good representative sample to show the trends.

according to this graph things look good

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f7a654d6972636f2f6769746875622f73776966742d6c696e6563686172742f30322e706e67

this graph may also just be a graph of chicken and mushroom pie sales vs steak & ales pie sales from a Tuesday afternoon in November in which case we're all doomed!

giphy.gif

Not only that, it decreases with good weather as well.
Good weather? Have you tried spending 5 minutes outside? They should rename it outsuicide with the heat we're having. I'm going to stay in my sunless bunker until summer is done. If I had a bunker. JFC! I'm meling over here, someone save me with a bucket.

Good weather? Have you tried spending 5 minutes outside? They should rename it outsuicide with the heat we're having. I'm going to stay in my sunless bunker until summer is done. If I had a bunker. JFC! I'm meling over here, someone save me with a bucket.
Not everyone is blessed with being jobless rich enough to be able to stay at home during daytime, and in the evening, when it's cool enough, most people prefer being outside.
I speak that from my 10+ years of experience as a guild master / clan leader.

I quit... The vast majority of my friends have either quit or at the very least have greatly reduced their playtime. I suppose other people may have joined the game on Playstation to replace us, but since I'm not playing, there's no way for me to know.

On the other hand, here I am on the forums because the concept and vision of ED still appeals to me. I also continue to watch OA's videos for the same reason.

Do you play as a good person?.. Are you annoying?.. Don't you mess around?..
Ok, then I can go OPEN from SOLO.
i done all.... 2000 plus hours open an solo + PG all same to me
I quit... The vast majority of my friends have either quit or at the very least have greatly reduced their playtime. I suppose other people may have joined the game on Playstation to replace us, but since I'm not playing, there's no way for me to know.

On the other hand, here I am on the forums because the concept and vision of ED still appeals to me. I also continue to watch OA's videos for the same reason.
seems alot more dead than i remember even with the norm increase then decrease quite a few friends of mine have giving up to still elements i enjoy like exploring but other than that.....

seems alot more dead than i remember even with the norm increase then decrease quite a few friends of mine have giving up to still elements i enjoy like exploring but other than that.....
Frontier abandoning the CGs didn't help any. If they came up with an interesting CG, I'd probably load the game up again despite the bugs. The last "cool" CG I remember was like a year ago when we had to rescue escape pods from the Thargoids (a story that became another dead end). These "Interstellar Initiatives" are more rubbish than the old, boring CGs were.

So yeah, I traded my spaceship in for a horse! 🤠

Top Bottom