Playgrounds, Marine Mammals and more

Hayo! Just saw this section and I was like.. OMG I have to post here!

What I really would like to see in Planet Zoo are the following:

- A playground; every zoo has them, every kid loves them (maybe even more than the zoo itself - at certain ages, lol) :LOL: This would maybe be easy to create the same way as picnic benches.. have a variety of playground contraptions to put down at a large (natural) paths so the kids can reach it to play on them.

- Feeding times: I would love to set different times when animals get food from the zookeepers and that more people gather around the enclosure to watch it. That being said, I also really hope we will get more than the round feeders we have seen so far. I would love to put down just a piece of meat or fish on the ground, instead of in a round feeder :) Just like you have in Zoo Tycoon with different types of food to put into your enclosures.

- Marine Mammals such as seals, sea lions, walrus, beluga whales, dolphins, manatees, sea otters, and polar bears and please don't forget my most favorite animal the Orca! I know it's pretty controversial, but I would love to see them in the game but obviously without shows! They would obviously need a HUGE water enclosure ;) nothing like you see in Sea World or parks like that, but HUGE HUGE! Maybe the whole size of my park? I can live with that :LOL: but please give me orca's! :love:

- Aquariums: obviously I am hoping for different sizes of aquariums to get full freedom to decorate around it ourselves. Obviously, tunnels like this would also be a dream ♥ and of course lot's of corals to put down ourselves. :love:

- Aviary's and Butterfly Domes where the people can really walk through and the butterflies and birds will fly around them. Same would go for bat caves of course :p

- Waterfalls: of course I would love to see some VFX's waterfall items to create ourselves, it would also be cool to see waterfalls as we had in RCT3 and Zoo Tycoon 2. It would be even more awesome if the animals would be able to interact with the waterfalls. Like elephants love water, so elephants (and other animals) playing underneath a waterfall would be so cool :love:

- Freedom in enclosures: now we don't know exactly yet how the enclosure size will work together with putting down lots of rocks. But I am hoping at least to be able to make these kinda enclosures, without having to fear my animals will get unhappy because they don't have enough "flat" ground to walk on. So my wish here would be to be able to go as nuts as I want without having to fear my animals would die for not having enough grass to walk on :p. Also, ropes please for monkeys to use and play with :love:

- Talking about monkeys.. please make them throw poop to the guests! Please and thank you :ROFLMAO::poop:

- Guests making pictures: I know we've already seen Planet Coaster peeps making pictures with their phones, but I would love to see some real photographers in the game :love:

- Invisible animal beddings: as we, again, don't know exactly what we will get in the game, I just would like to say I would love to see a bit of freedom when putting down "beddings" and would like to see more as the hay we have seen in the screenshots.. maybe just an invisible one, so we can completely get freedom with this :)

- Connection of the inside and outside: I don't really know how to explain this one. But I would love to be able to create inside and outside enclosures connected as you see in realtime zoo's. I don't think we have really seen it yet but maybe connected with a (small) gate/door or anything like that so the animals can really go through a gate/door to go inside and outside. Can't really tell from the images we have seen now cause so far, these were only big shelters or a cave inside of the terrain. :)

Well, this is all I can think of right now :p You asked for my wishes, I will give you my wishes! :love: But obviously DeLady is always happy with whatever she gets :love: and DeLady can't wait to play Planet Zoo at GamesCom 🎉

(I do am curious how many of my wishes already are in development but just are not revealed yet :p)

I'll keep my fingers crossed :love:

Keep up the amazing work lovely people ♥

Much love,

DeLady ♥

Last edited:
I think an marine DLC/expansion will be more likeable than it being in the base game, perhaps just sealions and one customisable aquarium thing just like the terrarium could be a Same with aviary and butterfly gardens I guess. But a person can dream 🥰

I love you ideas overal! Would be great to them become inplemented into the game, whether it be right away or later through expansion/DLC 😁

Totally agree with all of these ideas, but that might be because I visited a lot of Dutch zoos too🤭. The marine ideas are great, but fit more into a big expansion in my opnion. Hopefully not all DLC will have the same structure, such as in PlanCo (e.g. same price, few rides/coasters, some new scenery), because that would limit the marine expansion enormous. Marine is an example which should be 2-3 times the size of a PlanCo DLC, with new features instead of only adding new items.

Feeding times should not be too difficult to implement, so I hope they'll have that in the release.
I'd LOVE to see 'Connection of the inside and outside' as well, but I think that will be added in the year after the release (after a lot of complaints of basic features, just like PlanCo). If you'd ask me, this is a basic feature, which should be in-game (same for playgrounds, but PlanCo doesn't have them either, so I don't think this will be implemented :cry:).

I'd really hope to see aviaries and butterfly domes too, but this might be a small DLC too (if properly executed). Can't wait for BETA:love:

Goede suggesties, al meer voorbij zien komen dus ik hoop dat ze het ook gaan doen :)

Hey, would you mind to include an english translation if you talk dutch? Would be awesome, so all of us can follow.

@DeLady: As previously said, I can't wait to see you get your hands on Planet Zoo. And I wish at least the inside / outside enclosures and playgrounds are already included in the main game. Though I was one of those akward children who never cared about the playgrounds at zoos, because I rather liked to spend my time watching the animals. :D

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Great suggestions, @DeLadysigner :D

Also great to see you on the forums ;) those pictures look awesome! Personally I especially love the pictures from the aviary with lots of green and sunlight <3

Playgrounds; every child loves playgrounds. I remember very well that as a kid I wanted to play in the playground at the zoo, instead of watching animals. Nowadays it's the other way around :LOL:

Feeding times; yes, feeding times would be great to have, and could be combined with a show element so that guests can watch the feeding of animals, just like in real zoos. That being said, zoos that have more focus on stimulating natural animal behaviour will always try to randomise their feeding times, so that animals won't expect feeding and won't show stereotypical behaviour. The downside of this is that guests won't be able to observe feeding, unless they happen to be in the area when the caretaker gives the food.

Marine mammals; YES TO ALL THE ANIMALS! ❤ Obviously Frontier can't include each and every animal at once, but that being said, it would be awesome to have at least a few marine mammals in Planet Zoo, such as seals, sea lions, otters and penguins, who are all quite well represented in zoos around the world. I'm not sure if including highly intelligent animals such as dolphins and orcas is a good idea, because of it being controversial, but I can see the possibilities of including them if well executed with the right level of education.

Aquariums; yes, aquariums would also be a great addition to Planet Zoo, even if only small ones just like the habitats for iguanas and snakes. Obviously it would be awesome to have aquariums like the ones on the pictures!

All of the other things are equally great suggestions. We've only seen the tip of the iceberg, and I personally can't wait to see what surprises are in store for us in the future of Planet Zoo! ❤

YES YES YES!

A thousand times, yes!
This is absolutely some fine ideas!

- Connection of the inside and outside: I actually thought about that, when watching the gameplay demo. I've recently been in a real zoo, where i got to go backstage and see the inside enclosure's of lions, hippos and giraffes. It's so cool, and would be amazing to do in Planet Zoo.

Last edited:

- A playground; every zoo has them, every kid loves them (maybe even more than the zoo itself - at certain ages, lol) :LOL: This would maybe be easy to create the same way as picnic benches.. have a variety of playground contraptions to put down at a large (natural) paths so the kids can reach it to play on them.

- Feeding times: I would love to set different times when animals get food from the zookeepers and that more people gather around the enclosure to watch it. That being said, I also really hope we will get more than the round feeders we have seen so far. I would love to put down just a piece of meat or fish on the ground, instead of in a round feeder :) Just like you have in Zoo Tycoon with different types of food to put into your enclosures.

- Marine Mammals such as seals, sea lions, walrus, beluga whales, dolphins, manatees, sea otters, and polar bears and please don't forget my most favorite animal the Orca! I know it's pretty controversial, but I would love to see them in the game but obviously without shows! They would obviously need a HUGE water enclosure ;) nothing like you see in Sea World or parks like that, but HUGE HUGE! Maybe the whole size of my park? I can live with that :LOL: but please give me orca's! :love:

- Aquariums: obviously I am hoping for different sizes of aquariums to get full freedom to decorate around it ourselves. Obviously, tunnels like this would also be a dream ♥ and of course lot's of corals to put down ourselves. :love:
View attachment 139336View attachment 139337

- Aviary's and Butterfly Domes where the people can really walk through and the butterflies and birds will fly around them. Same would go for bat caves of course :p
View attachment 139338View attachment 139339

- Waterfalls: of course I would love to see some VFX's waterfall items to create ourselves, it would also be cool to see waterfalls as we had in RCT3 and Zoo Tycoon 2. It would be even more awesome if the animals would be able to interact with the waterfalls. Like elephants love water, so elephants (and other animals) playing underneath a waterfall would be so cool :love:
View attachment 139343View attachment 139344View attachment 139345

- Freedom in enclosures: now we don't know exactly yet how the enclosure size will work together with putting down lots of rocks. But I am hoping at least to be able to make these kinda enclosures, without having to fear my animals will get unhappy because they don't have enough "flat" ground to walk on. So my wish here would be to be able to go as nuts as I want without having to fear my animals would die for not having enough grass to walk on :p. Also, ropes please for monkeys to use and play with :love:
View attachment 139340View attachment 139341

- Talking about monkeys.. please make them throw poop to the guests! Please and thank you :ROFLMAO::poop:

- Guests making pictures: I know we've already seen Planet Coaster peeps making pictures with their phones, but I would love to see some real photographers in the game :love:

- Invisible animal beddings: as we, again, don't know exactly what we will get in the game, I just would like to say I would love to see a bit of freedom when putting down "beddings" and would like to see more as the hay we have seen in the screenshots.. maybe just an invisible one, so we can completely get freedom with this :)

- Connection of the inside and outside: I don't really know how to explain this one. But I would love to be able to create inside and outside enclosures connected as you see in realtime zoo's. I don't think we have really seen it yet but maybe connected with a (small) gate/door or anything like that so the animals can really go through a gate/door to go inside and outside. Can't really tell from the images we have seen now cause so far, these were only big shelters or a cave inside of the terrain. :)
View attachment 139347

Well, this is all I can think of right now :p You asked for my wishes, I will give you my wishes! :love: But obviously DeLady is always happy with whatever she gets :love: and DeLady can't wait to play Planet Zoo at GamesCom 🎉

(I do am curious how many of my wishes already are in development but just are not revealed yet :p)

Much love,

DeLady ♥
yes absolutely agree. I want to see the sea animals in the game very much. I actually want to see them all :)

View attachment 139336View attachment 139337

View attachment 139338View attachment 139339

View attachment 139343View attachment 139344View attachment 139345

View attachment 139340View attachment 139341

View attachment 139347

Much love,

DeLady ♥
These ideas are great for the game and I can really imagine Frontier integrating these features into the game and would fit nicely into the game! A great example for the connections from outdoor to indoor enclosures would be at Chester zoo where they have a lot of these.

I'm 100% with you on the feeding times! And on additional feeders, too. I'd love to see the animals being "scatter fed", e.g. for chimpanzees having their veg and forage thrown in various places around the enclosure for them to find. Enrichment-based feeders would also be great to see- zoo tycoon 2 had a few, like hollow log feeders, artificial carcasses, artificial termite mounds etc. In JWE we had the time-based automatic feeders that dispensed food at certain intervals, so I'm curious as to whether they would implement a similar system here where you can set the interval at which zookeepers come and refill the feeder, how much food they put down, etc. and you can customise that for the animals in the enclosure.

Unfortunately I get the feeling that we'll be looking at an ad lib feeding system like we usually see in zoo games, where the animals 'hunger' decreases over time and there will (in theory) always be food down for them to go and eat when it reaches a certain threshold. That doesn't stop us from managing it ourselves (deleting the item and putting it down again so often) but that is a little more time-intensive, harder to keep track of (especially if you have multiple animals), and not quite as immersive! It's not the most realistic way of doing it - in reality very, very few animals are fed ad lib, only really herbivores and even then mostly just with hay and grasses with an additional timed pellet feed some other time during the day. But, I guess it's the easiest way of implementing it.
For now I'm going to assume that's the case, and be pleasantly surprised if they do it differently! :)

- Marine Mammals such as seals, sea lions, walrus, beluga whales, dolphins, manatees, sea otters, and polar bears and please don't forget my most favorite animal the Orca! I know it's pretty controversial, but I would love to see them in the game but obviously without shows!
partially agree about the show. but there are many people in the game, including me, who want to do Orca's show.

I don't know how Frontier is about mod, but if the Marine mania dlc comes, if there's no show, I think the frontier should share orca shows as a mod, this is a great solution! :)

therefore, it is not considered official game content. This way, the problem does not occur. In this way, those who want shows can add mode.

or players can create and share the demonstration mode themselves, but I don't know if the mode supports the system. :)

see, i think they should share it as mod even though i want shows.:)

Top Bottom