Playgrounds, Marine Mammals and more

Hopefully everyone here has watched the Gamescom Gameplay where they confirmed a few things requested in this thread, like different feeders.

Speaking of feeders, it was also announced that if Feeders are not available in an enclosure, the keepers will just place the food in random places on the ground which I think has a negative effect on both your animals and the guests. I guess the only way to give the illusion of the Animals being "scatter fed" is if you sink the Tray into the Ground to the point where you can't see it anymore (That's what I would probably do)

And as for the Feeding Time request, In my theory, based on what I've heard and seen,(I'm not really sure if this is true) Zookeepers have set schedules so they deliver food and water at certain times of the day depending on what the player set. (Again, I'm not sure)

Other than that, these are all great ideas🙂

Last edited:
So after I was able to play this amazing game at GamesCom. I think I can now add a few wishes I really would love to see added too in Planet Zoo :love:

Before I start, I really would like to point out that the game, already in Alpha stage has blown me away ♥ ! There are so many things added into the game that we could only have dreamed off and I just can't wait to see stuff that we will get later during beta and launch ♥ This is defo going to be the best dream zoo game ever ♥

As of right now, the only few things I would love to see added too into the game that will make it even more perfect are the following (and of course still things I have mentioned above :p )

- The fencing tool is really amazing and super in-depth!! I really didn't expect this ♥ Now the only things I was missing in the alpha build are round-shaped windows and the ability to make a round wooden fence. You guys might already have plans to add this later, but if not, I hope you guys will do ♥ At first I thought the wooden fences couldn't go round, well cause of the wooden log on top (maybe weird to bend?). But when I noticed you could do curves on top, I was like hey, then I would love to see just round wooden fences too haha. The round-shaped windows would also be a great edition, in my opinion, so you can really create a few "holes" in the windows where the people can peek through. Would love to see this added into the fencing system :love: to make it even more perfect ♥

- The other thing I would really love to see, are birds (and reptiles) laying eggs. I can imagine bringing in a whole new animation for birds to actually breed them would be another thing (but would be super awesome!). But maybe it's easier to get like an incubation center (just like the buildings for staff, the vets, etc). The zookeepers could get the eggs from the habitat and bring them to the incubation center. Then you can choose if you want to breed the eggs and when they have hatched you can get a zookeeper to bring back the baby to the enclosure. I'm not sure if our alpha build was a bit buggy or something regarding the baby booms, lol. But like the giant Tortoise had so many babies at some point (which would make sense since they can lay like 25 eggs a year). It would give you more control over if you want to hatch those eggs or not? (Or am I saying something super cruel that you will decide not to hatch all eggs :p). Or would it maybe be a thing to trade eggs? :unsure: Does that happen in real life with zoos? It might be too fragile to trade with I guess, haha! Maybe as an extra feature (with an incubation center), you could see a realistic touch that not all eggs survive/hatch). But maybe now we go too much in-depth 😝

- Something else I know a lot of people would like to see changed is the radius around staff rooms. For me personally, I love to see backstage stuff in a zoo and some zoos even have tours for guests to have a peek backstage. For me personally, I would like to see the radius around a staff building decline or something when you get more scenery around the staff building. Like it makes total sense too if you even only have a wall in between that guests can't see it, so they would not be affected and you won't have to put some buildings far away from the guests' paths. And like the incubation center I just mentioned. A lot of zoos have those areas where they hatch eggs or an area where cocoons of butterflies are hatching and the guests can see it from the other side of the window.

Well, I think this is it for now 😍 Keep up the amazing work! I feel Planet Zoo is going to ROCK the world in a few weeks 😍

Much Love ♥

DeLady

Hopefully everyone here has watched the Gamescom Gameplay where they confirmed a few things requested in this thread, like different feeders.

Speaking of feeders, it was also announced that if Feeders are not available in an enclosure, the keepers will just place the food in random places on the ground which I think has a negative effect on both your animals and the guests. I guess the only way to give the illusion of the Animals being "scatter fed" is if you sink the Tray into the Ground to the point where you can't see it anymore (That's what I would probably do)

And as for the Feeding Time request, In my theory, based on what I've heard and seen,(I'm not really sure if this is true) Zookeepers have set schedules so they deliver food and water at certain times of the day depending on what the player set. (Again, I'm not sure)

Other than that, these are all great ideas🙂
Aww, that's a shame it has a negative effect. :-( I can understand for some animals (like carnivores, or animals that need special high feeders like giraffes and elephants) but it's a shame we can't scatter feed, for example, primates without repercussions. Oh well! At least it's a feature, maybe it can be turned off in sandbox or something, or it's different for certain animals. I didn't see any examples of more naturalistic feeders but I can live without it! It's more of a "would be nice" thing :p

It gives a little insight into what to come Lady hahahhaha. So we have a new fence tool, ok good to know ;)

Groetjes

It gives a little insight into what to come Lady hahahhaha. So we have a new fence tool, ok good to know ;)

Haven't you seen our Planet Zoo live streams last week mslik? :) Also, Rudi Rennkamel posted a video "Fence Tool Explained" so you can see how it works now in this alpha build in a short video version haha :)

Haven't you seen our Planet Zoo live streams last week mslik? :) Also, Rudi Rennkamel posted a video "Fence Tool Explained" so you can see how it works now in this alpha build in a short video version haha :)
I was on vacation and missed those I guess.I'll look those up. Hope you upload new material soon to LadyNL though.

Top Bottom