ANNOUNCEMENT PlayStation 4 - Upcoming Hotfix

Greetings PlayStation 4 Commanders,

A quick announcement to let you all know that we are preparing a hotfix for next week to improve V-Syncing and reduce issues with screen-tearing that some Commanders have been experiencing.

Thank you for raising this issue to us and remember that if you experience any bugs or issues with the game, let us know on the PlayStation 4 Bug Reports forum section.

A note to Commanders on other platforms, this only applies to the PlayStation 4 version of the game.

A quick announcement to let you all know that we are preparing a hotfix for next week to improve V-Syncing and reduce issues with screen-tearing that some Commanders have been experiencing.

Thank you for raising this issue to us and remember that if you experience any bugs or issues with the game, let us know on the PlayStation 4 Bug Reports forum section.

A note to Commanders on other platforms, this only applies to the PlayStation 4 version of the game.

Excellent! Could you also fix the resolution pretty please? Thanks!

Is this Hotfix only addressing screen-tearing? Or will other, more minor bugs be addressed as well? I don't experience screen-tearing, or at least I don't notice it. The only thing annoying me right now is the audio bug where the station controller welcomes me to the station when I am leaving.

Is this Hotfix only addressing screen-tearing? Or will other, more minor bugs be addressed as well? I don't experience screen-tearing, or at least I don't notice it. The only thing annoying me right now is the audio bug where the station controller welcomes me to the station when I am leaving.

This particular hotfix affects only the PlayStation 4 version so it can be deployed relatively quickly. The audio bug that you're referring to affects all of our platforms (PC, XB1, and PS4) so will need to be in a larger patch. Other minor bugs may be fixed, but as previously mentioned I will need to confirm this with the development team next week.

This particular hotfix affects only the PlayStation 4 version so it can be deployed relatively quickly. The audio bug that you're referring to affects all of our platforms (PC, XB1, and PS4) so will need to be in a larger patch. Other minor bugs may be fixed, but as previously mentioned I will need to confirm this with the development team next week.

Thanks for letting us know.

This really needed fixing asap, i cant stand it and some of my friends can't even play it because they get sick due to the constant screen tearing (headaches)

Very pleased to know this as I'm playing on a PS4 thank you Frontier .
When when when when when when :D

Last edited:
I'm pleased that your addressing the screen tearing issue but there are serious framerate and stuttering issues with the game when played in open on the standard PS4. I hope you address these quickly too. I wish you had a beta to test this before releasing it. These problems would have been found. These issues have dented my enthusiasm for the game on PS4.

Thanks for the quick response FDev, I haven't experienced much of it at all on my Pro running quality settings but still I have seen a fair few vids on here highlighting the issue.

o7

I'm pleased that your addressing the screen tearing issue but there are serious framerate and stuttering issues with the game when played in open on the standard PS4. I hope you address these quickly too. I wish you had a beta to test this before releasing it. These problems would have been found. These issues have dented my enthusiasm for the game on PS4.

I hope they fix that too indeed. In more busy areas, the game is unplayable in open for me. Calm areas are fine though.
But I'm happy they're so quick on getting a fix for the tearing issue

Hope for choice

Really appreciate this coming hotfix

Ironically have come to accept with tearing and hope we have a choice about v-sync, in case turning it on decreases fps.

Is the hope to either offer choice, or maintain current fps (which is excellent in general).

Am playing on PS4 pro.

Thanks guys 👍👍👍

Top Bottom