Elite / Frontier Playthrough of Frontier Elite 2, predecessor to Elite Dangerous.

I missed the last few minutes but I enjoyed the rest of the stream - always fun seeing someone else demonstrating the things that keep me coming back to the game.

One thing you seem to have forgotten when trying to figure out what to trade - there’s an Economy tab when looking at the System map. Here’s the relevant bit on the Frontier Quick Start Guide pamphlet from the box on my shelf:
6277E5DE-1ECA-4A16-AF4E-D13F95B3DD4F.jpeg

One thing I did suggest in the stream as well is to pick up any goods with a negative price (Radioactives & Rubbish) when you run out of funds for everything else - and ditch those the moment you've jumped into the next system - it adds just that little extra to your funds early on.
Even if you're not one for dumping, you should buy Radioactives from the black market in Sol and sell them in Banards Star - you'll keep more than half the money you were paid to take them (although you would keep 100% of the cash if you simply dump after jumping)

Bizarrely, one thing which has never occurred to me, in all my years of playing the Frontier Elite games, took place on Drew's stream at the weekend. It's looking for the ads on the bulletin board where someone is willing to pay twice the market price for a commodity, buying a load at the local stockmarket and then selling them to this person for a 100% profit. Perhaps I've never been devious enough! 😄

Bizarrely, one thing which has never occurred to me, in all my years of playing the Frontier Elite games, took place on Drew's stream at the weekend. It's looking for the ads on the bulletin board where someone is willing to pay twice the market price for a commodity, buying a load at the local stockmarket and then selling them to this person for a 100% profit. Perhaps I've never been devious enough! 😄
I’m pretty sure the only time the rich buyers turn up on the BBS is when the items they are after are out of stock - the only reason the Fruit&Veg were available for Drew to buy was because he’d just sold them to the market.

One thing that is possible is playing the stockmarket - if an item is low in stock then (if you’ve the space and cash) you can buy all the remaining stock and Stardream to the next day when the price should go up. The profit isn’t much, but it should cover the next day’s docking fees plus a bit extra. I’ve only done it a few times when I’ve docked close to midnight, but it was worth it for the “oh it does work” feeling 😁

When I started my current FE2 game last year I managed to pick up this wee book that had lots of stuff I didn’t know about:
B64F6862-3C6D-4602-884A-51072C61B2AD.jpeg

...plus it fits nicely in the game box!

I’m pretty sure the only time the rich buyers turn up on the BBS is when the items they are after are out of stock - the only reason the Fruit&Veg were available for Drew to buy was because he’d just sold them to the market.
Ah! That'll be why I'd never noticed it before. I was thinking in the back of my mind that those ads only appear on the bulletin board when there is no stock in the usual market, but seeing Drew buy the stock before reselling it made me think I was mistaken. I obviously missed the bit where he sold the cargo first; there's always too much going on at home to watch every second of the stream 😕
When I started my current FE2 game last year I managed to pick up this wee book that had lots of stuff I didn’t know about:
View attachment 196450
...plus it fits nicely in the game box!
Yeah, it's a great read. Let me know if you ever find the Mirage ship 😃

Top Bottom