Please bring back some v2.1 planet surface looks (screens in attach)

Hi
I decided bump up this topic again, due to news about available coming planet's surface changes. (with still little hope)

Here i upload again screens of two good example of beautiful type (in my opinions at least) of surfaces, which was remove in v2.2

1. System 10 Canum Venaticorum, planet 4 a.

V2.1 look:

V2.2 look:

2. System LHS 3006, planet Vulcan

V2.1 look:

V2.2 look:

Link to my previous topic
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-surface-look-v2-2-vs-v2-1-(screens-attached)

Just wait for the already announced changes.
And I bet that won't be the end of it either.
FDev will no doubt keep developing the visuals over time.

Just wait for the already announced changes.
And I bet that won't be the end of it either.
FDev will no doubt keep developing the visuals over time.
Just understand me right, i did stop to play because this. Everyone has their own fan factor from the game. I just liked to fly to these planets from time to time and admire look of them from srv while ride (could do it by hours). Planned to make a couple of beautiful videos too, but it was ruined.

Last edited:
I did check beta today, unfortunayely - not very well . Look of the planets from space - yes, became a much better, but when landing, a would say - better than in v2.2 (really better), but worse than in v2.1. Well, though i would call it - slightly more realistic, ok, but the color scheme (light color\intensity?) was more interesting in 2.1. As well - where some cool surface elements as can see in v2.1 screenshot of Vulcan ? something like a way out of the rock of a dark material on the surface, or something like some dark fractures on surface (that was in 2.1).

As well about 10 Canum Venaticorum, planet 4 a. - the loss of this beautiful purple lighting is a disappointment. Now just something that is incomprehensible, in brown colors.

Screens:

System 10 Canum Venaticorum, planet 4 a.

System LHS 3006, planet Vulcan

Last edited:
Top Bottom