Please Explain: Why people think Carriers should have less upkeep and lower purchase cost?

They were designed for Squadrons to own, single players are priced out because the servers cannot support endless amounts of Fleet carriers hence they priced the individual players out of owning one.
We struggle to get a large group into an instance as it is, imagine if every instance was cluttered up with these things.

If the servers aren't up to the task, then FCs should never have been implemented.
At the moment I'd wager there are more people that are unhappy with the carriers than are happy with them. Whatever the changes made in the beta period, if the situation is as you describe, then FDev seem to have a choice between keeping a lot of players angry, or buggering up the servers.

I just hope this doesnt go the route of Eve Online when they allowed everyone to manage there own POS. Everyone just holed up in their own safe haven. No one out in space
YET you are advocating for solo mode because you get shot at. Oh wait, eve online needed solo mode too?
Or...go eve way and tank your ships and try to get better at elite so you don't die?

They were designed for Squadrons to own, single players are priced out because the servers cannot support endless amounts of Fleet carriers hence they priced the individual players out of owning one.
We struggle to get a large group into an instance as it is, imagine if every instance was cluttered up with these things.
If that is truly the case and the servers can't handle alot of Fleet Carriers then they should have never been implemented in the first place. You cannot release content into a content starved game and say "Oh btw this is only for 1% of players or else the game breaks".

Frontier should know better.

is 5b lowest price? the way I understand it used to be different types of carries with different upgrades.
I've been playing this game on and off since Horizons and barely have a few hundred million credits...
They dropped the different types. 5B is just for the absolute barebones basic carrier, to get all of the functionality costs a significant amount more

They dropped the different types. 5B is just for the absolute barebones basic carrier, to get all of the functionality costs a significant amount more
I was hoping FT will get me back in the game but now it's going to be actually impossible for me to get one... I'd rather them invest in more accessible core game features such as landing on some planets with atmospheres...

That's how i feel:

I have a job, paying my taxes, bills, etc. IRL upkeep and grinding... Once in a while i choose to play for relaxation. Front of the screen i find myself grinding and paying bills, which just reminds me of my IRL. Hmmm... If players don't grind, paying upkeep, Frontier takes their FC away... Just like in real life. Plus, features of the carriers are not that impressive. Lack of many things. The entire system is a punishment and not enjoyable gameplay for me, So thanks, but no thanks. I do not need your FC. Keep it. Cheers.

Top Bottom