Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
See post at the bottom of this.

It would have lost all its impact and a lot less people would have seen it. ;)

See post at the bottom of this

See post at the bottom of this

Sorry I don't have the names, it was from a friend of a friend. He was really excited to find an obvious dried up riverbed, feeling pleased he headed off to another planet, and found the exact same riverbed.

See post at the bottom

Who asked? lol

It's funny how you aren't noticing any problems, when they are literally everywhere. Plus you've now admitted that you don't pvp or bgs, or explore. What DO you do? I'm just curious what activity is working properly? If you go the rat catcher route and say the mediocre FPS, well, that's ok, I can't fight that. You're welcome to your opinion. Adding crappy legs and ruining the spaceship part of a spaceship game is, to me, not even something I would need to explain to someone who doesn't play the game, let alone someone who does...

See post at the bottom.

It's not even my video, please try again to throw shade, its pretty funny. Most people here know my channel very well. As for reporting my post for spam, well you just reduced the value of your post to less than worthless. troll on friend. You wanna see one of mine? Something that we have lost in Odyssey...here you go...go to these coordinates on Ariel in Odyssey and see what you find. Please. :)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQnQ4P3pyC8

I see whut you did thar :D

So, to those people who are saying

1) They don't want to lose odyssey progress in a rollback
There is no need for progress to be lost, there are clearly 2 different applications and databases. They simply cut access to odyssey, saving everybodys stuff as it is now, and rerelease it at a later time. In no way am I suggesting that people's progress is lost, just paused.
2) To those that say they only want it going forward not back, and to those who say they don't see the point of horizons any more, I point you to this post... https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...l-wait-for-it-to-be-ready.581555/post-9288013 and I say again... This planet generation CANNOT be allowed to stay, and DON'T FORGET that Horizons WILL get the planetary tech in the future. If you guys let FD bumble along and tweak a little here and there, we will never have canyons again, never have any unique features again, in fact, planetary exploration will be completely dead. I am very worried that if we don't send them right back to the drawing board, things will never be satisfactory again. The way the BGS has been messed up wiping out YEARS of work, borken carriers, and no doubt more stuff we haven't found yet...

To those that seem to be struggling with the concept, let me make it clear, Odyssey is broken AND has also broken Horizons. There is no selfishness in my request, it doesn't serve me either way, I preordered and I did not refund.

Furthermore, making it one game again until its ready FOR EVERYONE and UP TO SCRATCH would put us all back in the same game, playing together again. I really, really miss open space as it was before Odyssey. We paid for an upgrade and got a full and complete downgrade.

Roll it back!
Sticking to your railguns. I love it. :)

Last edited:
This is so painful to watch but I can't look away. It's like the morbid curiosity of watching a car wreck, only instead of traffic it's nerds all pretending to be smarter than each other by failing to understand grade school literary devices. No matter how badly ruins their own game, they'll never match the forum/reddit members' abilities to ruin their own communities. Congratulations on the inverse accomplishment.

i dont want to wait, the game is good for me, if u want to wait ur bugs to be fixed than go play horizon and come back when u think it is finished.
thy to break horizons did 2, so ur cant ply it eithr, but i dont want to wait for gme to b finished becuz it still iznt after so meny yrs so i just uninstalled bcuz teh onlee thng wrse then gving fdev ur moneis is gvign they ur tiem

It would still be g5 when odyssey was rereleased, there are clearly 2 different separate games here. :)
I don't think a rollback is possible at this point,
maximum would be keeping Horizons and Odyssey separate.

I spent most of my time in solo since the Odyssey launch, so I didn't see your problems, hell, I didn't even shoot any ship weapons except dumbfires 😁
Couldn't watch the video either because work. So I'm not in the position to comment on those problems, but if they come from you they will be there.
But I bet all my Arx an outcry of PvPers won't change anything, you(we, us) get ignored quite often. And nonetheless, I like Odyssey, but it has fundamentally changed the way I play for the moment.

thy to break horizons did 2, so ur cant ply it eithr, but i dont want to wait for gme to b finished becuz it still iznt after so meny yrs so i just uninstalled bcuz teh onlee thng wrse then gving fdev ur moneis is gvign they ur tiem
I think your keyboard is broken. It is missing out a lot of letters, mostly vowels, and putting most of the others in the wrong order.

I don't think a rollback is possible at this point,
maximum would be keeping Horizons and Odyssey separate.

I spent most of my time in solo since the Odyssey launch, so I didn't see your problems, hell, I didn't even shoot any ship weapons except dumbfires 😁
Couldn't watch the video either because work. So I'm not in the position to comment on those problems, but if they come from you they will be there.
But I bet all my Arx an outcry of PvPers won't change anything, you(we, us) get ignored quite often. And nonetheless, I like Odyssey, but it has fundamentally changed the way I play for the moment.
I actually don't have any pvp related issues, I haven't even tried to do pvp :D

I literally just played it for a few minutes now, I picked up a reactivation mission to go toward my engineer progress, then I went to do my on foot loadout, and the interface didn't work properly, I couldn't switch guns, it took like 15 minutes to make the game accept the right guns in the right loadouts. Then I went off to do the mission, all was going well, I had reactivated the power station and put out all the fires in buildings except one, I got a phone call for work, I was in open, so I logged out to take the call. I log back in and the power is no longer on, but I don't have the power convertor cos I used it to turn the power on before. Mission failed.

THIS IS JUST PURE DOG CRAP FD. For crying out loud.

Last edited:
Just roll it back yourself and launch Horizons instead of Odyssey?
Horizons is broken too, and eventually Horizons will inherit this dog crap planetary generation. This is not a workable solution, they need to undo the Odyssey changes to Horizons. Also, the whole point is to keep the playerbase together, it was plain idiotic to fracture the playerbase like this.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom