Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Not anymore.

During my first 3000 hours I was the whitest of knights.
Then I became more aware of bugs.
Bugs that were never fixed.
Radio silence from Fdev about bugs.

currently tens of thousands of bugs on the issue tracker

Then Frontier turning to publishing and new IP.

It's Frontier's right to change focus. And mine to realize what Frontier has become.

Sean Murray's game might not be a Commander's cup of tea. BUT HE OBVIOUSLY LOVES HIS GAME.

There is a dialectic between game creators and those who choose to live in the game creators' worlds. Creators delight in making stuff and Users love exploring and manipulating them. Ideally it's a two way street.

There is no dialectic between Frontier and the Commander. Commanders get what they get, bugs and all. Frontier determines which bugs get fixed. Frontier determines when and if bugs get fixed. There is never an apology for having knowingly wasted our time.

Community Managers are used as underpaid Meat Shields in order to sustain the illusion that Frontier Management is listening. Anyone else notice the Community Manager turnover rate? I miss Ed!!!!

So no, I am not conditioned.
I wish Frontier well on it's way to being a corporate giant. I had a lot of fun playing Elite Dangerous and surely got my money's worth.

But alas, parting is inevitable.

o7
Couldn't have said it better, myself, Slange. Will miss running into you in the game and community, but Elite is definitely done. o7 for the last time, CMDR.
That sounds like a good game. A great game. You should make it.

Meanwhile, we'll play the game FDev made.
*sold. The game FDev sold. Because they have not completed making it, clearly, since they skipped the step where they ship it in a functional state.
Aaaand... I've had the 6th one.
I gave up after the error message and clicked the exit button, only to see this:

Had to use the task mgr to kill the process.

Strange, I was under the impression that a working "exit" procedure should be a standard function of every computer program, but what do I know.
This bug is ancient, too, just like your clipping through ground bug. FDev quality!

I can't even relog, cos pressing escape is bound to the menu exit button that isn't working. While in most other parts of the game, escape brings up the game menu no matter what else you are doing...task kill time, <leepicsigh>

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! How did this get released? HOW? I'm so disappointed I want to cry. I even gave it three weeks before trying and it's still utterly unplayable.
Wow, just wow… what a drama queen. You really need to give it a rest. Perhaps play something soothing.

Wow, just wow… what a drama queen. You really need to give it a rest. Perhaps play something soothing.
if someone has paid for a product and is not happy what he paid for he can give his opinion, isn't it?

I understand that you always pay for something that you are dissatisfied with, then you say "I'm not going to be a drama queen I take another 40 bucks and go spend it on something else", then again and again until you find something you're happy after spending 4000$

if someone has paid for a product and is not happy what he paid for he can give his opinion, isn't it?

I understand that you always pay for something that you are dissatisfied with, then you say "I'm not going to be a drama queen I take another 40 bucks and go spend it on something else", then again and again until you find something you're happy after spending 4000$
If my dog dies, I cry. If a game I play since 4000 h erases my profile, I am angry.
If a game I purchased is buggy as hell, I guess I'm also angry.
But such strong emotions for a videogame are a little bit unhealthy. Or other problems need a ventile. Its none of my business, but maybe its best to grab some nearby cmdrs and go for a beer RL.

If my dog dies, I cry. If a game I play since 4000 h erases my profile, I am angry.
If a game I purchased is buggy as hell, I guess I'm also angry.
But such strong emotions for a videogame are a little bit unhealthy. Or other problems need a ventile. Its none of my business, but maybe its best to grab some nearby cmdrs and go for a beer RL.
do you really belive that someone who writes: "AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! How did this get released? HOW? I'm so disappointed I want to cry"
does really do that?
have you missed that hyperbole part?

lol

do you really belive that someone who writes: "AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! How did this get released? HOW? I'm so disappointed I want to cry"
does really do that?
have you missed that hyperbole part?

lol
Hard to say without a face, but possible. Well, maybe you are right.

Just putting it out there - I am NOT part of this 'we' or 'all'.
I'm having fun with Odyssey and don't want it taken away. I honestly haven't logged into Horizons since Odyssey dropped!

Stop claiming to speak for everyone!
Can you share your precise hardware and software configuration with the community so that we can enjoy the game like you do? Despite my decades as a net/sysadmin, perhaps I've missed something and I don't know how to build and operate computers and networks anymore.

What's the secret? How do we enjoy it, like you do? Is it a matter of blocking out the problems, and just "being happy", lol, or is there a real reason?

Thank you to the mods for that clean up that was related to nothing more than a misunderstanding of whose side who is on. MM, Corky is on our side, don't worry :D

Although honestly, I think this thread has run its course, please go ahead and lock (I am OP - lol, in every sense ;) )

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom