Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I was about to give the new patch a try today, but I think imma just uninstall until one of the following happens...

Odyssey works as well as Horizons
Odyssey is rescinded and we go back to Horizons until above criteria is met, so at least the playerbase isn't totally fractured.

Even shooting weapons is broken...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfW47GxwPmA

Disclaimer, to avoid arrogant people thinking that I am trying to speak for them by inserting themselves into every 'we' ever. 'We' in this case, is my squad, most people who frequent my discord (about 200 skilled, active players), everyone I know who plays BGS to any decent level, and a whole bunch of random people I've discussed it with. Every 'we' does not have to cover every population, otherwise every statement of 'we' ever made would by necessity include the whole human race.

Last edited:
I was about to give the new patch a try today, but I think imma just uninstall until one of the following happens...

Odyssey works as well as Horizons
Odyssey is rescinded and we go back to Horizons until above criteria is met, so at least the playerbase isn't totally fractured.

Even shooting weapons is broken...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfW47GxwPmA
If one has already down loaded the Odysee version, how does one delete from their pc just that version, thus keeping Horizon?

The one good thing they did was they made it so you can simply return to Horizons with a few clicks of a few buttons. So I'd say go back to horizons for now and come back when Odyssey is ready. I don't deny that Odyssey is a absolute train-wreak still and... from what was said they don't plan on fixing it until console release but That's why I'm glad I can simply log into horizons and do my day to day there.

They "FINALLY" listed it as a early access on steam so that's a step in the Honest direction but Its not ready to be a Full release yet. Hence my decision to go back and not touch the new expansion till its ready. So yeah.... the option is there OP, Just go back and play that and let the others continue to play through the growing pains if they so desire.

The one good thing they did was they made it so you can simply return to Horizons with a few clicks of a few buttons. So I'd say go back to horizons for now and come back when Odyssey is ready. I don't deny that Odyssey is a absolute train-wreak still and... from what was said they don't plan on fixing it until console release but That's why I'm glad I can simply log into horizons and do my day to day there.

They "FINALLY" listed it as a early access on steam so that's a step in the Honest direction but Its not ready to be a Full release yet. Hence my decision to go back and not touch the new expansion till its ready. So yeah.... the option is there OP, Just go back and play that and let the others continue to play through the growing pains if they so desire.
"They" would be the whining troll crew on Steam rather than Frontier though right ?

Just putting it out there - I am NOT part of this 'we' or 'all'.
I'm having fun with Odyssey and don't want it taken away. I honestly haven't logged into Horizons since Odyssey dropped!

Stop claiming to speak for everyone!
I think you have misread the OP's message, he did not claim to speak for everyone.

Clearly if Odyssey was rolled back to Horizons it would impact everyone, hence the 'we', but that isn't claiming that everyone wants it.

This would be fine, except Elite was already a watered down multiplayer experience, due to the size of space and the small fraction of people who play mainly in open. Keeping Odyssey available to play will make it the default go-to option for most players, fracturing the playerbase.

"I like the game so everyone else is wrong"

The media binned the game. Critics binned it. Your beloved streamers binned it. It's trash. It doesn't matter whether you accept this or not, it is a fact.

55 on metacritic. 3.8/10 user score. 31% positive reviews on steam. Sure sounds like a winner.

If they're not gonna roll it back, they better fix it fast, it's losing people so fast you'd think it was code named the Titanic. Almost my entire player group is gone and after dealing with bugs post patch today I feel done as well.

I was the one who started the "We can wait" topic in the Alpha forum. FDevs did not listened...

Anyway, at this point, there is no point to rolling back anymore. You can always just play Horizons if you don't like beta-testing the Odyssey.

Just putting it out there - I am NOT part of this 'we' or 'all'.
I'm having fun with Odyssey and don't want it taken away. I honestly haven't logged into Horizons since Odyssey dropped!

Stop claiming to speak for everyone!

Also, I agree with this guy... I'm also not in this "we" that is being claimed to be ok with rolling back to Horizons. Roll forward is what I always say.
Must every WE include you guys? Wow. Know that I do speak for a lot of people tho.

Three weeks and three major patches...

The UI is still borked, outfitting is still borked, the planetary generation system is still borked, canyons have disappeared from all planets, the rendering engine is still borked, performance is still borked, and we are still finding things from the base game (PAs in video in OP for example), that have been hopelessly broken. Today we also learn the carrier upkeep is borked.

It's time to freeze everything, and roll it back. Every single person who said 'Odyssey was fine' came back a few days later after they'd actually tried something other than a screenshot of an Asp, with their tail between their legs and said 'yeh, odyssey's not fine, it's hopelessly broken'.

I think you have misread the OP's message, he did not claim to speak for everyone.

Clearly if Odyssey was rolled back to Horizons it would impact everyone, hence the 'we', but that isn't claiming that everyone wants it.
I think you missed the thread title ...
"Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready..."
OP doesn't speak for me, or for anyone other than him/herself

Also, ninja'd
title of the thread "WE can ALL wait......". I call that trying to speak or everyone.....

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom