Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
By the way guys, FD has stated that they want to avoid re-rolling the planets...We need to tell them that this won't be good enough...Just look at that thread highlighting the copy paste features. Here are two shots someone posted on my discord, from different planets(!)

unknown.png

unknown.png

It is not acceptable to add a smattering of atmospheric worlds, if this is the cost. Reroll the planets at least, needs to become a forum mantra.

Never ever ever ever gonna happen, ever.

But, If there's enough demand, maybe :p Oh wait.. that didn't go too well for ship interiors.

Besides, I wouldn't want it rolling back, never go back, only forward.

besides it already once or more stated that the game was a shell and connected to a working game.
it has caused havoc and grief because it was so poorly integrated.

first proof was simply the very very long list of things that did not work at all, let alone correctly. Soooo much pointed out in the alpha, then ignored.
then on day 1 of release, pointed out that it was actually worse, but is now connected Live to/with Horizons, destroying the current BGS and bringing many new bugs to horizons as well. An utter shambles.
Current overwhelming Proof is the list of fixes that have been displayed so far.

Rolling it back sadly won't make any difference to anything unless they have a full backup from the day before the release.
I doubt they have that.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: F18
"I like the game so everyone else is wrong"

The media binned the game. Critics binned it. Your beloved streamers binned it. It's trash. It doesn't matter whether you accept this or not, it is a fact.

55 on metacritic. 3.8/10 user score. 31% positive reviews on steam. Sure sounds like a winner.

If they're not gonna roll it back, they better fix it fast, it's losing people so fast you'd think it was code named the Titanic. Almost my entire player group is gone and after dealing with bugs post patch today I feel done as well.

Nobody listens to critics anymore, they have shown an inability to divorce themselves from obvious conflicts of interest and inside dealing. So the fact that critics hate it is an absolute positive to anyone who actually plays games (Unlike said critics).

Metacritic and Steam reviews are another matter. They're easily manipulated and often used for brigading. User reviews are only as useful as the complaints they can consistently articulate. And thankfully, most Steam user reviews do indeed articulate Odyssey's problems. So yeah. The one remaining issue with steam user reviews in general is that steam simply asks one question: Do you recommend this game? I don't even recommend Vanilla elite/Horizons to be perfectly honest, it takes a very special type of person to find the fun in this game. Odyssey is fundamentally no different.

31% positive reviews on steam. Sure sounds like a winner.
Actually if you scroll down the page the english language reviews of the game are only 26% positive. I think the 32% overall rating can only be explained by the fact that Yamiks had to buy his own Latvian copy and undoubtedly gave it a glowing review.

Deleted member 115407

D
I changed my reviews to negative. When I am satisfied that Frontier have made positive improvements to the game, I will change them back.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: F18
By the way guys, FD has stated that they want to avoid re-rolling the planets...We need to tell them that this won't be good enough...Just look at that thread highlighting the copy paste features. Here are two shots someone posted on my discord, from different planets(!)

unknown.png

unknown.png

It is not acceptable to add a smattering of atmospheric worlds, if this is the cost. Reroll the planets at least, needs to become a forum mantra.

:mad:
Is this legit? Please provide the names of the two worlds.

where's my evidence? You jest, surely.

Nope, you’re suggesting shutting down the DLC. If you want me to get on board with that you have to provide some actual evidence that I am in the minority in wanting to keep it running while they fix it.

I have no doubt that the majority of players are p'ed off, but I don't know if that translates to the majority wanting to give up the game.

Last edited:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Listen to this sentence at 1:31..
Source: https://youtu.be/EM0Gcl7iUM8

Deleted member 192138

D
Nobody listens to critics anymore, they have shown an inability to divorce themselves from obvious conflicts of interest and inside dealing. So the fact that critics hate it is an absolute positive to anyone who actually plays games (Unlike said critics).

Metacritic and Steam reviews are another matter. They're easily manipulated and often used for brigading. User reviews are only as useful as the complaints they can consistently articulate. And thankfully, most Steam user reviews do indeed articulate Odyssey's problems. So yeah. The one remaining issue with steam user reviews in general is that steam simply asks one question: Do you recommend this game? I don't even recommend Vanilla elite/Horizons to be perfectly honest, it takes a very special type of person to find the fun in this game. Odyssey is fundamentally no different.
A lot of the positive Steam reviews, when you read them, say not to buy the game and wait for Frontier to deliver on the promises of what it can be, and get performance together over the coming months. So by Steam's metrics, they should be negative reviews but the people posting them are trying to prop up Odyssey's negative/positive balance. Even then, the DLC review is languishing at 32% positive out of over 4,700 reviews.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom