Please fix the dashbaords ...

Here is a quick video I just made to illustrate the stabilising effect on your viewpoint position that using TrackIR produces. I locked-off the tracking sensors to produce a steady centred view (so not mounted on my head) then showed "g-effect" viewpoint movement in pitch and yaw at different speeds in normal space and then in supercruise, illustrating the difference between having TrackIR enabled and disabled.

It seems to me you have found a way to prevent the dashboard/cockpit from moving at all. That's what I want, though it would suffice if the instruments stayed on screen all the time.

Can this be done on an xbox without buying head-tracking or VR hardware?

It is very noticable in VR - even the tiny Courier cockpit is quite big, and Cutter / Beluga is large enough to have a proper party going on...
Hopefully Odyssey will translate some of that scale effectively when on foot :)

Lol, yes I keep thinking I could have a party in the cockpit of my Beluga :) Even the instruments don't move off screen in the Beluga, which is really nice. But then, I don't use it for combat ...

707A2457-18AD-4616-8468-88E5555F8423.jpeg

On Xbox, in Mamba...
Is this the problem you’re talking about?

View attachment 192432
On Xbox, in Mamba...
Is this the problem you’re talking about?

Yes, that basically shows what I mean, thanks! If you pull up and not to the right, the left-hand display that would show the enemy ship is further down and you can't see its hull strength, either.

So exept for the upper half of the radar, all your instruments are gone and you're flying blind in combat. I'm find that unacceptable.

@Para Handy:

I haven't changed the FOV yet. The scale is missing the numbers, and without the numbers, how do I put it back to what it was before I started changing without resetting? That's another thing that needs fixing, the missing numbers. I rather keep the FOV where it is now, I'm fine with it, and I don't need targets to become even smaller by increasing the FOV.

Last edited:
Yes, that basically shows what I mean, thanks! If you pull up and not to the right, the left-hand display that would show the enemy ship is further down and you can't see its hull strength, either.

So exept for the upper half of the radar, all your instruments are gone and you're flying blind in combat. I'm find that unacceptable.

@Para Handy:

I haven't changed the FOV yet. The scale is missing the numbers, and without the numbers, how to I put it back to what it was before I started changing without resetting? That's another thing that needs fixing, the missing numbers.
If you want to solve your problem you just need to adjust your field of view. Your cockpit will probably feel weird at first but you'll get used to it after an hour or so....

Disclaimer: it won't stop your cockpit from bending though... 😝

@Para Handy:

I haven't changed the FOV yet. The scale is missing the numbers, and without the numbers, how do I put it back to what it was before I started changing without resetting?

By remembering the position the slider was in? It's really not going to make any significant difference if it was originally at 67 and you put it back to 66.

By remembering the position the slider was in? It's really not going to make any significant difference if it was originally at 67 and you put it back to 66.

Perhaps it doesn't, but I don't like such things. It would always annoy me that I can't put it back if I changed it and wanted to undo the change. What's so difficult about putting numbers like there should be to begin with? Why make it complicated by only showing a slider?

Numbers also make it much easier to communicate such things because you can always say "make it 66". With a slider, you can't do that, and even if you send a screen shot, it'll end up somewhere and only by chance where it was supposed to be.

Last edited:
Perhaps it doesn't, but I don't like such things. It would always annoy me that I can't put it back if I changed it and wanted to undo the change. What's so difficult about putting numbers like there should be to begin with? Why make it complicated by only showing a slider?

Numbers also make it much easier to communicate such things because you can always say "make it 66". With a slider, you can't do that, and even if you send a screen shot, it'll end up somewhere and only by chance where it was supposed to be.

There's nothing difficult about it, but they aren't there, so that's how you deal with it.

Set the FOV at max and dont dislike the view how ever the first time auto docking kicks in to my FC my cutter looses all of the usefull info so no point to that

Top Bottom