Horizons Please for the love of all that is good ADD HOVER BIKES!

I'm not bashing at all but the creativity side of me is going full bore since the release of Horizons. It is the year 3300, and I know this is a space sim but I am pretty dang sure in real life by this year we would have hover bikes or something similar. I just think it would be soo much fun to scream across these planets on a hover type bike. I know they might be waiting until the atmosphere planets are complete and able to land on but please add something like this for now :D

Would be awesome. I can only imagine they'd be fragile as all get out, though. I mean, if you don't run into anything it's fine, and you can clear small rocks and debris, but if you even clip a big rock at 30 m/s on a hover bike, you'd have to be toast.

You guys do know it makes no sense to put a bike in until the FPS combat is in play which will not be tell the end of horizons.

that being said, how about an SRV with skimmer tech, or a hover tank

It makes perfect sense if you want to ride a hoverbike. Lightning fast piece of tinfoil with decent shields and one weak weapon. Also poor steering.

No.......how could they without trees to dodge around? No atmosphere, no trees.

Perhaps hover bikes will come with landing on planets with atmospheres? :p

I'm not bashing at all but the creativity side of me is going full bore since the release of Horizons. It is the year 3300, and I know this is a space sim but I am pretty dang sure in real life by this year we would have hover bikes or something similar. I just think it would be soo much fun to scream across these planets on a hover type bike. I know they might be waiting until the atmosphere planets are complete and able to land on but please add something like this for now :D

It's have been said that some SRV's types will come in the future so lets hope we don't have to wait too much for them :)

Being a biker myself, I would love to see this, too! :)

However, how exactly would the playing experience differ from flying a fighter (Condor or Imperial Fighter) at low altitude?
Maybe we should brainstorm some unique features in order to give it some clear definition?

- Obviously, the 'hoover bike' wouldn't be able to reach large higths over ground.
- On the other hand, it should tolerate rough terrain more than the SRV, evening out all those bumps. This might help players prone to nausea and VR users as well.
- Faster speed than SRVs, but less agility. To compensate the lower agility, it could be less sensitive for oversteering.
- No influence of surface composition (snow).
- No cargo hold.
- Stronger weapons than the 'Scarab', but possibly weaker shields. In a nutshell: a zippy glas cannon.

NO!!!!!!! A hover bike needs a hover helmet and then there are the hover police that book you if you are not wearing your hover helmet and then you need to go to hover court.................... so long as the hover bike has better damn controls than the SRV you have got my vote.

The hover bikes or whatever they are called in the game Destiny in my opinion would be perfect for Horizons. Now keeping true to the simulation when you use a hover bike on a planet with no atmosphere you will have to be on life support. Therefor adding the necessity of having a good life support module on your ship. But definitely gonna have to add the minutes up on them already, say double it? For example the base model is 5 minutes of oxygen? Well for the hover bike it would be 10 minutes for the base model.

Top Bottom