Please, get rid of assetless conflicts!

I like how the new war system and general BGS is set up now. But as it stands everybody is in conflict with everyone all the time. That just doesn't make much sense.
To fix that I would suggest to get rid of conflicts without assets. That way we would probably cut down on conflicts by at least two thirds, and managers of large PMFs would have a much better time.
Also I would suggest that a faction that has dominated the war for 4 days, ends the war immediatly instead of waiting out the 3 remaining days, since the war is decided by that point. That would cut down the amount of conflicts as well.

I would agree with this - assetless conflicts used, because of shared and blocking states - to have various purposes in slowing down the expansion of large factions, or ending other states early.

At the moment they seem to be causing frozen influences across the board - when 6 of 7 factions are in pending or active conflicts, for example - and as they don't affect other states seem to serve no real purpose.

Also, once one pair is locked in an assetless conflict, the increased constraints on influence movement of the remaining factions make it more likely that a second pair (and possibly a third) will also get locked up. The average conflict duration is also longer than before.

On the other hand, restricting Wars to ones over assets only would massively reduce the number of Combat Zones present in the game. This would make it very difficult to collect certain manufactured materials.

Perhaps a compromise would be to only allow a single assetless conflict to be pending or active in any system at once?

On the other hand, restricting Wars to ones over assets only would massively reduce the number of Combat Zones present in the game. This would make it very difficult to collect certain manufactured materials.
I don't think that would cut it down too much, since wars are a lot more likely with the new system and they take longer in general. I think (testing required) it would level out at about the same rate than before. Also those mats (if you're refering to the High Grade Emission mats) would only appear if the controlling faction is in conflict so there would be no change in that respect at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom