please give us a way to disable pannel pop out when looking left and right in vr

it is really fing annoying , vr still have a small focus zone where one can read clearly, so even in hangar when i try to read menus and such i get the ship panels to pop in and out, or when flying around i have to look for stuff i wanna turn towards, and then a panel pops out and my controls don't work anymore. if this game is to be great in VR you have to fix that because at this game is bull product in vr
even as they are right now they are useless, since if i try to read something on the left side of the panel i have to turn slightly more left for the text to be readable , at that point the panel goes away.

Ok to Op. Trust me once your tweaked and bound those keys, got voice attack for surplus buttons, and even taken care of those annoying pop ups, you'll love VR. Took me 2 weeks as a layman to sort it all out. Runs sweet. Never ever go 2D again. It's just a question of going into the controls section and binding buttons to hotas and mouse if u want it. Assign ctrl a,b,c etc to your voice commands. Assuming you ain't using keyboard. My FSS scanner can map a 20+ solar system in minutes. I can see everything in combat. Keep an eye on the star as u jump out etc. List is endless. Then there's the drop dead visionary treat all to scale (almost). Depth !! So to say VR sucks isn't correct. Yes it should work out of the box but it doesn't. So get binding tweaking and disabling this n that to your hearts content. Be safe in the dark.

In VR there is a defined view area/view angle which activates the pop up panels on the sides.
When you stay within the defined view area the panel stays on so you can read it or navigate in it.

If you don’t want the panels to show up in a side view, you can solve that as already written here (mode switches).

I use the so called pinkie switch on my X52 to have both options available:
Looking to the side without pinkie switch makes the panel show up, with pressing the switch I have an unobstructed view to the sides.
Very comfortable and intuitive.

In VR there is a defined view area/view angle which activates the pop up panels on the sides.
When you stay within the defined view area the panel stays on so you can read it or navigate in it.

If you don’t want the panels to show up in a side view, you can solve that as already written here (mode switches).

I use the so called pinkie switch on my X52 to have both options available:
Looking to the side without pinkie switch makes the panel show up, with pressing the switch I have an unobstructed view to the sides.
Very comfortable and intuitive.
I think I have something like this in my VR button settings by default. I have the panel switches for 2D mode set so I hold down one button and use the 'hat' joystick to select one of the pop-up panels.
In VR this translates so that if I hold down the button on, the. Auto pop-up of the panels is disabled and I can look around freely.
As soon as I want to view the panels I just let go of the 'shift' button and the panels pop-up again when looking in relevant direction.
It's simple and fairly seamless. If like me you change which mode you play in, there's no need to remember any different key sequences.
In VR, I'd like more buttons on my T-flight, but that's a different problem.
☺️

Ok to Op. Trust me once your tweaked and bound those keys, got voice attack for surplus buttons, and even taken care of those annoying pop ups, you'll love VR. Took me 2 weeks as a layman to sort it all out. Runs sweet. Never ever go 2D again. It's just a question of going into the controls section and binding buttons to hotas and mouse if u want it. Assign ctrl a,b,c etc to your voice commands. Assuming you ain't using keyboard. My FSS scanner can map a 20+ solar system in minutes. I can see everything in combat. Keep an eye on the star as u jump out etc. List is endless. Then there's the drop dead visionary treat all to scale (almost). Depth !! So to say VR sucks isn't correct. Yes it should work out of the box but it doesn't. So get binding tweaking and disabling this n that to your hearts content. Be safe in the dark.

You missed a step - back up all your keybinds.
Not backing up your keybinds is the same as flying without rebuy.

My VR rig gathers dust.

Too hot to wear for 9 months of the year.

But yeah - Look at Panel - Does Nothing is the keybinding you are looking for.

I think I have something like this in my VR button settings by default.
Yes, what I described is actually nothing more than the out of the box setting.
By default ED sets the pinkie switch as UI focus and I went with that.
Never used the cycling method though.
It seems you are doing the same as I am doing, just the other way around. :)
Which button do you use as UI focus?

Last edited:
Yes, what I described is actually nothing more than the out of the box setting.
By default ED sets the pinkie switch as UI focus and I went with that.
Never used the cycling method though.
It seems you are doing the same as I am doing, just the other way around. :)
Which button do you use as UI focus?
I've got a button on throttle under left palm (it's button 5 I think) that I use for a ui focus/shift key. Most buttons then have two functions.

I use one of the T.16000 throttle’s many hats for UI focus. Switching to the SRV/SLF panel gives a clear view all around.

Top Bottom