Please provide the credits to purchase a carrier and all of it's modules for people participating in the Beta.

Edit: Or reduce the price significantly. Either works.

My credit balance on March 26th was 600 million. It is now in excess of 5 billion, and will continue to climb over the coming months. I have every intention of getting a fleet carrier when they release.
So why, exactly, should I not be provided the means to participate in the beta. Because I didn't have an arbitrary amount of credits I didn't know I'd need to have months in advance? It's complete nonsense. People want to test this out, but you'd be limiting who actually can with no real benefit in doing so.

Last edited:
My credit balance on March 26th was 600 million. It is now in excess of 5 billion, and will continue to climb over the coming months. I have every intention of getting a fleet carrier when they release.
So why, exactly, should I not be provided the means to participate in the beta. Because I didn't have an arbitrary amount of credits I didn't know I'd need to have months in advance? It's complete nonsense. People want to test this out, but you'd be limiting who actually can with no real benefit in doing so.
And maybe enough credits to run the carrier for a couple of weeks to get you started?

They allready said NO did you read the other topics in this section..
It is not just PC users this time. They have Console users to over load the severs with on the second test this time..
As stated in the testing and how to test and report, they still need people with out carriers to do all the other stuff...
This was the problem before when PC user were only interested in having betas to try new toys and not to test Every thing else that needs fixing...
Beta are for all faults and issues not just new toys to play with...

They allready said NO did you read the other topics in this section..
And I'm asking them to change their minds, and giving my reasons why. What's your point, exactly? People can still test other things, it's not like they have to spend all hours of the day watching their carrier in the beta. There's literally no reason not to give as many people as possible the chance to test it for their beta test that focuses on this exact feature.

And maybe enough credits to run the carrier for a couple of weeks to get you started?
That doesn't seem all that necessary unless the beta runs for more than a couple weeks.

They have to force people on PC because other wise the user base won't do It...
this is one reason developers stopped doing actual public betas and moved to just online demos because the player base jumps ship from them as soon as the new toys are done with..

Forcing it forces a user base to be forced to do the test thats not got the new toys and then those who actualy will do the other things will hand in report on them...
It will reduce server load but they don't have to rely on just this one test any more...

its why other developer now run private focus groups were players are sat in front of PCs and given just a single map or level to play test of a game but you get dinner and tea provided... and then you fill in 5 pages of questions... but you have to go to london or a crap town for them...

Last edited:
this is one reason developers stopped doing actual public betas and moved to just online demos because the player base jumps ship from them as soon as the new toys are done with..
A lot of players have stated if they can't afford to buy a FC to test they won't be taking part in the beta, so maybe they aren't actually increasing the number of people test stuff other than the FC but are just reducing the number of players who take part in the beta?

A lot of players have stated if they can't afford to buy a FC to test they won't be taking part in the beta, so maybe they aren't actually increasing the number of people test stuff other than the FC but are just reducing the number of players who take part in the beta?
There better of with out them... Those who only want the latest toys never made good testers... Developers Shut down a hole beta programs in USA because of this issue...
It started to spread to console users as they moved from PC in the same country So SIEA had to shut it down and remove it...

I'm in the same boat, give or take a few millions. This decision is stupid. I was planning on buying one, testing that, then testing out other commanders' carrier. FDev, I only came back to the game for carriers. I just want to quit again.

The only reason for me downloading the beta will be to reduce the update time on release. I will not actively participate in beta testing. That's the job for those who have asked for it and think they have a use for it.

There better of with out them... Those who only want the latest toys never made good testers... Developers Shut down a hole beta programs in USA because of this issue...
It started to spread to console users as they moved from PC in the same country So SIEA had to shut it down and remove it...
Well, gee, I guess playing the game since 1984, or the fact I've spent the last year in deep space, means I must be really be desperately in need of new toys to play with. Please, don't make this into a conspiracy theory...No, I hadn't read every other post - I simple dipped into the thread, was interested in the comment and thought that the buy cost wouldn't be enough if it were going to run for more than a couple of weeks. Excuse me for having an opinion.

Incidentally, if you read though all of the main threads on this topic, you would know that I have made several criticisms of the whole carrier idea - and then have gone on to make suggestions, in some detail, from the point of view of someone simple interested in playing the game for enjoyment. I realise that these may not what Frontier or FDev 'promised', but as someone who is both active in paying for the game as well as playing the game, I feel I am within my rights as a customer to comment on the product I have bought.

Those that didn't have enough on March 26th might grind enough for the May PC & Console beta test. I've been grinding since last November when the word of FCs being available in 2nd Quarter 2020 was announced.

Forcing it forces a user base to be forced to do the test thats not got the new toys and then those who actualy will do the other things will hand in report on them...
It will reduce server load but they don't have to rely on just this one test any more...

its why other developer now run private focus groups were players are sat in front of PCs and given just a single map or level to play test of a game but you get dinner and tea provided... and then you fill in 5 pages of questions... but you have to go to london or a crap town for them...
There is no force. You don't have to do the beta. If you NEED something really tested you pay testers.

If I don't have the money, can I only be the guest and only test the landing, take-off, trade and donations?
Sorry but then the beta is pointless. Since over 50% and more of the players can only play the guest.
And only those who hype the carrier and already have the credits can then report bugs and make suggestions for improvement? That is absolute nonsense
Or maybe that's just an attempt to reduce the number of tickets in order to have less work.
Everyone should be able to test the carrier and not just a few.

Why is testing FC ownership and testing it as a visitor considered mutually exclusive? Anyone who owns one should also be testing their function as a visitor.

I'm pretty hamstrung in my ability to do constructive testing of visitng FCs without the ability to buy one myself and validate what sort of control and effects an FC should have, so I'm probably not going to do it.

Why is testing FC ownership and testing it as a visitor considered mutually exclusive? Anyone who owns one should also be testing their function as a visitor.

I'm pretty hamstrung in my ability to do constructive testing of visitng FCs without the ability to buy one myself and validate what sort of control and effects an FC should have, so I'm probably not going to do it.

Guess they know their business.
If every beta tester will get a carrier, they will use the beta to play with their carrier and not test the visitor aspect.

Especially if they dont have the cash to get them at launch and no intention of getting a carrier either.
With the beta, they will simply get their 1-2 weeks of carrier toy play then move along.

Guess they know their business.
If every beta tester will get a carrier, they will use the beta to play with their carrier and not test the visitor aspect.

Especially if they dont have the cash to get them at launch and no intention of getting a carrier either.
With the beta, they will simply get their 1-2 weeks of carrier toy play then move along.
So, people who can't buy a carrier now will never use them in the live game, and have no need to test for bugs?

Dumb.

Maybe the owner cannot test it as a visitor because the Fleet Carrier sees the CMDR as the owner and interacts differently.

This is a Test environment the "test" is not for our primary gratifications of trying a "new toy" it is there to provide FDev with Data, Bugs and feedback on ALL areas of the update not just the Fleet Carriers.

Maybe the owner cannot test it as a visitor because the Fleet Carrier sees the CMDR as the owner and interacts differently.

This is a Test environment the "test" is not for our primary gratifications of trying a "new toy" it is there to provide FDev with Data, Bugs and feedback on ALL areas of the update not just the Fleet Carriers.
Yes, exactly what I said, and I cannot effectively test FCs as a visitor without owning one as well. Otherwise you'll end up with a tonne of pointless bug reports because I couldn't validate observations against what the actual functionality an FC owner is meant to see.

Top Bottom