Please reconsider fleet carriers for solo players.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Im not arguing anything, perhaps only in response to you naysaying. The point was to provide feedback to frontier.

Chivalrous individuals are people too, and of course welcome. They just have a mantle of a certain uniform color and a particular persuasion in discussion.
You haven't answered the question. How am I a white knight? What have I been doing that is "white knightish".

Im not arguing anything, perhaps only in response to you naysaying. The point was to provide feedback to frontier.

Chivalrous individuals are people too, and of course welcome. They just have a mantle of a certain uniform color and a particular persuasion in discussion.
No, not really. It just happens to be the assumption that fits best to a narrow mind.

It's easy to assume everyone who disagrees with you on certain topics must be a white knight, because that way you can just dismiss their opinions rather than accepting how different people have different ideas.

For some people the simple fact that they don't have a monopoly on truth is so bad that they need to create an alternate reality where such things as opinions do not exist.

No, not really. It just happens to be the assumption that fits best to a narrow mind.

It's easy to assume everyone who disagrees with you on certain topics must be a white knight, because that way you can just dismiss their opinions rather than accepting how different people have different ideas.

For some people the simple fact that they don't have a monopoly on truth is so bad that they need to create an alternate reality where such things as opinions do not exist.
Nicely put :)

Appears to be a few around here who meet that...

You're consistently positively inclined towards ED. Nothing wrong. You're also mostly reasonable about it, imo.
Max certainly isn't a hater. I think the problem is that we often look at isolated discussions.

When I read your rants about engineering I often think that you must hate the game, but when I read your posts on a different topic it's like you are the most reasonable person in the world... :D

Max certainly isn't a hater. I think the problem is that we often look at isolated discussions.

When I read your rants about engineering I often think that you must hate the game, but when I read your posts on a different topic it's like you are the most reasonable person in the world... :D
There are parts of the game that I don't like though. But mostly I really like it, if I didn't I wouldnt still be playing it.

what would be the point of sologrinding a fleet carrier?

you have to collect fuel for every jump. you have to stock it. you have to grind for upkeep and maintenance. getting anywhere would take hundreds of time longer and take more work.

it would be like playing the game with a boat anchor around your neck. Im pretty sure itll be lile that for squadrons too but for a single player......yikes.

But that’s E:D in general.
I guess this would mean you’re grinding to operate your carrier rather than grinding for no reason...

How many players normally get assigned to one instance? I vaguely recall someone mentioning around 30.

So for combat between two carrier-based squadrons, that's a maximum of 15 per Carrier.

Not that big.
There is a U-toob post which has 100 in an instance. - that might have been a special event tho, - can't remember.

Yeah as a solo cmdr I would love to pack up all my ships and do an engineering run where I can just park in orbit around the engineers and get them all done one after another
I have just 5, large capacity, medium capacity, a warship, medium range, and long range Exploration ships

Does everyone just ignore the facts?
If the carriers are squadron based, you only get to take one ship.
I guess you could always get a dozen accounts then have all 12 join your squadron.

Does everyone just ignore the facts?
If the carriers are squadron based, you only get to take one ship.
I guess you could always get a dozen accounts then have all 12 join your squadron.
bah, why couldn't i just hire pilots. also,

+1 for solo carriers. Freighters are indespensible in No Man's Sky, for eample. Being able to call freighters into orbit would also be nice.

Introverts don't squadron up, so it'd be sad if we missed out too.

Code:
US$0.02++

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom