pledged on 31.12. now...

Happy New Year Cmdr's!

I am still a little puzzled as to how this PP thing calculates. I understand that thursday is the server tick or what that is called again.

I pledged on the 31st. and want to get the merits by combat. I understand the merits half each week and that I need to deliver 750 to gain rank 3. A week has seven days, so does that mean on Wednsday January 20th (3 weeks, 21 days since 31.12.2019) I can start to deliver the 750? This server tick thing confuses me I think.

Thanks!

You just need to achive 750 on the eve of a weekly PP refresh so you get to rank 3. For now, keeping it at a couple hundred merits will suffice to maintain you pledged.

I'll not say 100% sure you do have to keep some merits as I'm not that into PP... but this auto-unpledge for long periods of zero merits seems to have been already implemented.

I'll not say 100% sure you do have to keep some merits as I'm not that into PP... but this auto-unpledge for long periods of zero merits seems to have been already implemented.
Ya, that was a one-off unpledging to ensure people didn't get taken by surprise by changes to the PF bounty system that came with the 2.4 update... in Sept 2017? I can say 100% you do not have to keep some merits. I went for over 50 weeks once without earning any merits - I got the module that lured me in, then just stayed pledged.

This is a one-time effect; you are free to pledge again if you are un-pledged.
So it was really at launch of 2.4 and never later. And even simple maths - the merits half every week, so earn 1000 now and in future you will have 500, 250, 125, 62 (?), 32, 16. 8, 4, 2, 1. I think it's not possible to have 0.5. and don't know if they set the merits to 0 then. But you will have 9-10 weeks to still have at least 1 Merit.

I've pledged a couple a days ago for Li Yong-Rui to get packhounds and earned in two days 1500 merits by delivering industrial equipment. In three weeks I'll have something about 185 merits and need to do only three runs with my Corvette (256 cargo) to get back to 750. If I'll have time and be in mood I'll do a run each week and one before getting the packhounds.

Top Bottom