Pls give us the example scenes

Tris or quads? That's one question, I always had right from the beginning. Objects with triangles have mostly some kind of artifacts.

At Frontier probably all game objets are created in Maya. And basically, in Maya (as well as in Blender) all objects are modelled with squares. That's why I'm surprised that in the TMT all objects should be uploaded with triangles.

Maybe that's ONLY such another translation error in the basic guide that became Tris instead of Faces.

Has anyone ever tried to import an object with squares instead of triangles in the TMT? Maybe that works (apart from the fact that the number of polygons would drastically decrease).

Last edited:
Has anyone ever tried to import an object with squares instead of triangles in the TMT? Maybe that works (apart from the fact that the number of polygons would drastically decrease).

It talks about tris in the guide only as an upper limit. No matter if you create an object using tris, quads, or a whole bunch of n-gons, it will always show you a tri count, because the program is always calculating that information in the background. If you create a model with 4100 quads, that will still be 8200 tris and the uploader will error out.

I've uploaded objects made entirely of quads (koi fish) and objects with n-gons (signs), and it works just fine. But all of them were significantly under the tri count limit.

The Thememaker's Toolkit Example Scenes are now up!

Thanks! But the links to the Material Examples are missing:

sx83EiY.png

Also, I was really hoping for a tree (under 8 meters of course) so I could study the way you guys have been making them -- any chance?

Im trying to migrate there .FBX files to older software IE, max and maya 2014 onwards but having a few problems, if i can get them working i will post. Sorry i cant be more helpfull.

Yes, it would be a simple way to do?
At least the materials etc you can see easily. The blend file is rather simple. for me the biggest enjoyment was to look at the texture files. But then of course I haven't touched animations of any kind. I suspect it would be helpful there with actually looking into file.

Interesting as i said before im not used to blender at all , but if you can export it to a maya or max legacy file, I will have a go. cheers for the info. I did try maya 2018 to maya 2014 animations, it got very messy :(.

Top Bottom