Polar Bears and your Zoo 🐻‍❄️

I meant like get other animals that all equal the amount the polar bear needs for it's new requirements (forgive me if it still doesn't make sense)
Could also just calculate the needed Size and look if I can get a good looking Enclosure with that Size. This would probably be the easiest Way to do it

Wow, thats a great change! Didnt expect that. For my current zoo it might be to late, i still got to decorate their giant enclousure, but maybe i can now split something off for polar wolfes or something, but it will defenetly be helpfull in the future

Well, that came out of nowhere! Thanks for listening to the feedback and, especially, for the information - it’s great to get bits and preceding of info about upcoming stuff! ... the space requirements have stopped me using polar bears........ until now.

Last edited:
Seeing as I play Sandbox with welfare turned off, this won't be a huge change for me, but it's good to see that this has been addressed again, especially considering when it was halved the first time we were told in no uncertain terms that it wouldn't be changing again. Kind of gives me hope for the front-end globe biome map to be fixed in the future.

Thank you! I will be willing to try polar bears in my franchise again when these changes come! I absolutely love these majestic animals, but due to their requirements and the costs involved with those requirements, they were a bit prohibitive for me in franchise.

Thank you guys! This is sooo so helpful! I can now rebuild my arctic area of my flagship zoo in confidence that it’ll all fit in a big building

It's written in a slightly confusing Way. Which are the new Space Requirements for a single Polar Bear now? I just wanted to start to build a Polar Bear Building

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
So great to hear so many of you are looking forward to it! ❤️

It's written in a slightly confusing Way. Which are the new Space Requirements for a single Polar Bear now? I just wanted to start to build a Polar Bear Building

Hey Urufu, if you check this line:

Reduced to 3250m² and 650m² for additional animals, down from 6000m² and 1000m², respectively.

The second number is for additional animals, so the requirement has been reduced from 6000 to 3250, and the requirement for additional animals has been reduced from 1000 to 650. Hope that helps clarify it!

So great to hear so many of you are looking forward to it! ❤️

Hey Urufu, if you check this line:

Reduced to 3250m² and 650m² for additional animals, down from 6000m² and 1000m², respectively.

The second number is for additional animals, so the requirement has been reduced from 6000 to 3250, and the requirement for additional animals has been reduced from 1000 to 650. Hope that helps clarify it!
There should be a Comma or something similar before ,,for additional Animals"

There should be a Comma or something similar before ,,for additional Animals"
I'm afraid, that would be grammatically incorrect :D
It's a german thing, I also had to read the sentence twice to get it. One of the few moments where english phrases things very differently from what we are used to, but I'm pretty sure, most speakers of other languages didn't run into this problem. Germans and their sentence structure...

Reduced to 720m² and 360m² for additional animals, down from 2000m² and 250m², respectively.
Is it correct that the minimum water requirement for an additional animal will be increased compared to the former requirement?

2000 sqm to 720 sqm but 250 sqm to 360 sqm for an additional animal.

Tim Smith

Lead Community Manager
Is it correct that the minimum water requirement for an additional animal will be increased compared to the former requirement?

2000 sqm to 720 sqm but 250 sqm to 360 sqm for an additional animal.

Yes that's correct, the base requirements have been lowered from 2000 to 720, and the additional has been increased from 250 to 360, this is part of the balancing, however the overall requirement is still lower!

This is really good news, I'm glad the team took another look into polar bear requirements after space, continent and biome feedback on the forums. I agree with @NZFanatic that this gives us hope about the possibility of the front-end globe getting fixed. I also hope biome feedback on other animals will also be addressed in some future patch. I am also in preparation of a comprehensive continent tagging feedback thread, which I hope to publish today.

maybe....

this is just a short teaser for a complete rework and the polar bear will be the next animal being able to use the deep diving feature.
I do also think that the Polar Bear will also get the Ability to dive in this Update. I've started constructing a Polar Bear Enclosure and of course the first Thing I did, was making sure that the Water is deep enough

I do also think that the Polar Bear will also get the Ability to dive in this Update. I've started constructing a Polar Bear Enclosure and of course the first Thing I did, was making sure that the Water is deep enough
Hopefully they will be able to pass the animations to some other bears as well, primarly the grizzly. It would give another nice diffrence between them and the himalayian brownbear as well as more option with a hopefully quite easy change. Though the garial did need its own update to be able to swim, so im not crossing my fingers on this.
Would be nice though, as i dont see the grizzlybears as a priority diver to gain the animations, with the nile monitor, elephant and jaguar all still without the diving feature.
And comeone, diving elephants would be rad

Top Bottom