Politeness costs nothing.

last night I watched Frontier Stream about the Anniversary park, yet NOT once was the creators acknowledged. I know this because once again The Snow Globe, made by my hubby has been shown, and used for the last year. His items are not the only ones either. Acknowledge creators of workshop items you use please!

This.

Also as a courtesy rate things you sub to,you subbed it because you liked it. So give it a good rating
I agree. Courtesy costs nothing, but if Frontier staff use it and don't say whose made the item people probably think why bother. They showed some coasters of mine last year and only once mentioned my name. Not acknowledging my hubby's snow globe was the straw that broke the camels back.

Sorry you see it that way. I just feel it's impolite to use other people's work and not acknowledge them. After all it isn't your work why should you take the credit? Maybe I'm old fashioned but I never take credit for someone else's work and acknowledge the creator as a contributor, after all that is what that section is for.

Sorry you see it that way. I just feel it's impolite to use other people's work and not acknowledge them. After all it isn't your work why should you take the credit? Maybe I'm old fashioned but I never take credit for someone else's work and acknowledge the creator as a contributor, after all that is what that section is for.
I just think it's a bit strange saying others aren't polite, and having an impolite rant about it.
There have been plenty of livestreams they mentioned creators.

There is also a monthly catch up if you didn't notice where all credits are given to the ones that had their creations displayed. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/october-monthly-catch-up.527655/

You only have to wait for the November one.

It was a stream hastily put together for 3rd anniversary of the launch of planet Coaster, if not what did frontier do to commemorate it. Yes I was angry, still am slightly miffed that people out there take credit for other people's hard work. It was a lovely winter park but the creators of that park didn't acknowledge anyone's work. One of frontiers hosts said she used it in her park but whilst it's nice, no mention of the builder. Individually creators are acknowledge, put their creations in a park and forget it.
As I said I apologise you feel that expecting anyone, no matter who they are, should get acknowledged for thier hours of hard work is impolite. It should be automatic. My friends and I do it and I know we aren't the only ones. May I ask, do you acknowledge other people's work in your parks or pass it off as your own?

It was a stream hastily put together for 3rd anniversary of the launch of planet Coaster, if not what did frontier do to commemorate it. Yes I was angry, still am slightly miffed that people out there take credit for other people's hard work. It was a lovely winter park but the creators of that park didn't acknowledge anyone's work. One of frontiers hosts said she used it in her park but whilst it's nice, no mention of the builder. Individually creators are acknowledge, put their creations in a park and forget it.
As I said I apologise you feel that expecting anyone, no matter who they are, should get acknowledged for thier hours of hard work is impolite. It should be automatic. My friends and I do it and I know we aren't the only ones. May I ask, do you acknowledge other people's work in your parks or pass it off as your own?
No, I don't acknowledge other people's work and I don't pass it off as my own. I build everything myself.

I don't need acknowledgement to fill up my satisfaction-bar.

That's not what this is about. I'm 65, racked with arthritis so my builds are few and far between. I was brought up in an era when people said verbally thank you, acknowledged people's hard work, said sorry and meant it. Despite what you say if I used your work I would acknowledge it. It is the polite thing to do. However I have nothing more to say on the matter, I believe what I believe and so do you.

The Anniversary Park that was made up of DOZENS and DOZENS of community creations from all sorts of members? The Anniversary Park that on the download in the Workshop says "All creators or blueprints we used can be found at the park entrance!"? That Anniversary Park?

I'm not sure how Frontier can be expected to read out dozens of names of those who's works were used by this group of people to create their park marking the anniversary, the same group that DID acknowledge who made the creations they used in the park, in the park itself. Whenever I share a screenshot of a park I'm working on I don't go through the screen beforehand to identify every single object or blueprint I downloaded that people shared on the Workshop so I can include a list with every screenshot shared.

I certainly do try to make sure to acknowledge other's work at some point, especially if it's a file that uses something someone else made.

When I created custom scenery for RCT3 I never felt the need to have my name pointed out every time someone used something I made on one of their parks. I took my satisfaction in creating the object and then seeing the objects being used.

I usually don't chime in on discussions like this, but here I go.

First on the Frontier aspect...I agree with above, you can't expect them to call every piece/item out...thats just not realistic. Part of this is also because I know what its like.

I am a big user of both blueprints and TMTK items in my parks. I wouldn't be able to do the work I do, in the time I do it, I didn't use stuff others put out there to share.
I do make an attempt to call out specifically where items are being used when I can. I do miss some, or even miss many all the time. Why? Because as I load items from the workshop, its because I like them when I see them at the time. My library of item is in the thousands right now and growing every day.

Its virtually impossible to keep track of all these items and who created them. It would require a huge database of sorts. So I do the best I can. If anything I do call out that most of the work is not my own and don't claim it as my own, but to thank and call out every creation...reality check...not going to happen. I do try and spend hours going back through my library trying to figure out what I ended up using and then trying to track it down in the workshop again to find the contributors details...and I have to say its very hard and takes a lot of time. I might recommend that if you want recognition easier, then include your name in the name of the item.

I post some of my work out there as well. I don't do it for notoriety, nor should anyone else. The workshop is to openly share and let others gain the ease of using pre-built stuff. Just because people are not liking, or not making a concerned effort to say so publicly about your work...doesn't mean they don't like it or its not appreciated. Just look at your download numbers as that would be a perfect indicator if your item is liked or not and should be good enough to serve any ego high you are looking for.

Honestly, if you are posting work and getting hurt about the lack of positive comments, then I would recommend to not post any work. Please don't expect or hold the community in general responsible for the recognition of the popularity of items posted.

Well said. Besides, don't get me wrong, I was blown away by the Anniversary Park and I'm certain the devs were too...but isn't the whole point of uploading blueprints purely a way of sharing your builds with others (especially those who wouldn't normally build themselves), therefore connecting the community in a different way?

Sure it's nice to get a shout-out during livestreams for your creations, I know the feeling...but if you really think it's all solely just for positive comments or to have your name up in lights...

Last edited:

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hello!

The park in question can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1911674960&searchtext=anniversary+park
As you can see, and you can watch it back on the stream as well, we read and acknowledged all the names of the ones who helped build the park. The park was made out of many community blueprints - we always, for the three years since we've been doing the streams and social posts and everywhere else we share community creations, give credit to the ones who build it. We did try to acknowledge as many creations as possible in the park (the creators have said there is a wall of fame in the park for all the creations that contributed). In the end, the point of the park was to celebrate the game and the amazing community behind that <3!!

The Steam Workshop is open for everyone and a way for people to share their creative work with others; some might see that as more competitive than others, however the intended nature of Planet Coaster is absolutely not competitive - it's about creating a beautiful world together.

Thanks for your reply. We eventually found the wall of fame but still couldn't find my hubbies name. I admit not down to you and your team it's down to creators.
I acknowledge it is not a competition, but politeness costs nothing. I belong to a group that always gives a nod to other creators when we use their creations because we believe it's the correct thing to do.
To me the Frontier community is about peace and friendship despite religion; colour; sexual orientation and country. Therefore we should be polite to one another.

Top Bottom