Poor Rescue Mission Instructions

I visited an attacked ship and they were asking for people to help rescue the crew.
Instructions over the radio said (Escape doors are jammed you will need to blast them open them so escape pods can be ejected.
SOOOOO I use the data scanner and it points out the escape doors.
I accept the rescue mission.

I shoot a door to 'BLAST' it open and I get fined.
Hmmmm OOOOOK
I scan the door.........
Radio says OK now break open the doors so escape pods can get out (paraphrasing)
Ok so I shoot the doors again. BEEP FINED AGAIN. authorities are on the way.

If I need something to open these doors, the instructions could have been made more clear.

Instead of rescuing people, I got blasted out of the sky for trying to help and ended up on a detention facility.

PLEASE DETAIL WHAT WE NEED.

How about OK you've scanned the ship, Now use hatch breaker limpets to crack open the escape hatches.

Not once was that mentioned in the mission instructions.....
I had to go to the web and still don't know what I did wrong or how to do the mission correctly.
Now I cannot find the mega ship with those trapped people that need rescuing.

Went to do good and landed in Prison. Frontier slaps its players for doing good.
How about when you make the mistake of shooting a hatch, the guy comes on the radio "What are you doing. your going to kill someone.....Use Hatch breaker limpet instead"

Then I would have said OH CRUD I don't have hatch breaker limpet controller.

As someone else said. a multi purpose limpet controller would make more sense.
You just have to Buy each of its features you want.
OK I want the limpet controller with hatch breaker, and collecting ability. Ok now I am richer I should be able to add the repair program to that limpet controller. Or I buy the limpet controller with 1, 2,or 4 features. (Kinda like the refinery, more expensive higher class units have more bins). If I want more features in a smaller space, costs me even more. Higher class limpet controllers can do more functions. Higher class rover bays have more rovers.

Last edited:
OP, yours is the reason I tend to stay away from board missions which aren't simple ( as in not easy but unambiguous ). I use the filter at the top to choose 'legal' missions and only choose from that menu. But even then..

Some of the missions appear to be intentionally vague, even misleading. As you've pointed out there are some 'legal' missions which will almost certainly result in fines, warrants or worse).

The only conclusion I come to is that the designers want players to occasionally get wiped out, start over from scratch. How else to explain it.

Last edited:
OP, yours is the reason I tend to stay away from board missions which aren't simple

The mission Was not issued by the board system.. since recent update "mega ships and installations" Offer 1 missions at a time with only about 3-6 lines of text for the mission description before you take the mission or reject it...
This is the issue due to the text being extremely limited they only give bare minimum text before you start the mission.. you have no idea what difficulty of any of them will be,,, and you have no idea how big a cargo hold youll need... or if enemy ships may come after you...
These were added for those who have done the mission boards to death and wanted some thing new... for the first few weeks they were new so they were fun now like the othe r missions they just repeat fixed ones from a list...

Where did you find that mission? I love those lil pop up tip offs, there some good cr to be made and a story to go with them.

Where did you find that mission? I love those lil pop up tip offs, there some good cr to be made and a story to go with them.

I'm not sure what the conditions need to be to get them, but I have been offered them a couple times while checking out random installations in systems. The ones with random names like "XYZ Medical Centre" or "Paradise Heights", drop on them and if they are in the correct "state" they offer you a mission. Haven't tried to do them myself as I was just wanting to see what they all looked like, reading the OP it sounds like more hassle than it's worth for me.

You have to find the issuing mega ships in the effected systems...
The OP has not listed the effected system...
A few sites keep lists of mega ships... but there no sure way to get missions of them if there not in the correct state...

Top Bottom