Positive Elite Thread

+1

Nice to see a positive thread popping up from time to time,
I was close to thinking the whole community plays only because there's no other game around these days :D

Pretty good game! Been playing it for 2 years.

Great graphics.

Great sound.

Great flight modle.

Very entertaining and passionate community.

Awesome devs that in all fairness..deserve a medal at this point.

Good job Frontier.

Love and Respect - Commander Electrickite o7

[up]

fully agree - the best yet i think
overall its had a tweak a tune and a polish in many many corners
i think the big TODO list got blitzed
A++ as they say on ebay

+1

Nice to see a positive thread popping up from time to time,
I was close to thinking the whole community plays only because there's no other game around these days :D

When people are happy with something, they generally dont shout about it because they are content. Why would a happy person go to a forum to post how happy they are? Its not the done thing.

So i decided to do it. And i wish more peple would.

They have made a very solid core to build on with Elite. I don't normally care for microtransactions, but I send some $$ Frontier's way now and then via the store to help support them continuing to develop and build on what we already have (plus, the nameplates for our ships are pretty cool :D )

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Still really enjoying it too, meandering my way through the galaxy getting embroiled in races or mysteries. I'm 92% of the way towards my first Elite rank (exploration) and I think I'll be a bit sad when I get it :)

Loving the SC dropout time reductions! Improvements to the interfaces and the way the missions are generated, lots of nice QoL improvements in this update that barely get a mention.

And yes the sound needs mentioning, always, it's so amazing! How the audio department still haven't won an award is beyond me. And the Dolphin boost :D

With all the negativity and hatred there is around at the moment it would be easy for the team to lose sight of the fact that there are still a large number of people buying and playing the game.
Having a thread to remind the team how much we value them and the game is great thing. Also as Lysander said we must still continue to tell them when things aren't working or things we want *coughs* exploration mechanics *coughs* and we will, but there's a right and decent way, or there's just being a complete smeghead way.

The power of positivity in this often negative world is a wonderful thing. Been playing Elite off and on for about a year and quite enjoy it. Finally signed up to the forums to say top notch thread, I'd rep you but being new and on mobile I have no idea what I'm doing.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Yay sounds now play when you're in the galaxy map too! I wonder if that is tied in to them fixing the year old bug of planets not making sounds in the System Map while charging the FSD...

The power of positivity in this often negative world is a wonderful thing. Been playing Elite off and on for about a year and quite enjoy it. Finally signed up to the forums to say top notch thread, I'd rep you but being new and on mobile I have no idea what I'm doing.

If you're on a mobile you have to request the desktop version of the site and zoom in :)

Hah, no worries man. The good vides are there. LET THE GOOD VIBES FLOWETH!!

Pretty good game! Been playing it for 2 years.

Great graphics.

Great sound.

Great flight modle.

Very entertaining and passionate community.

Awesome devs that in all fairness..deserve a medal at this point.

Good job Frontier.

Love and Respect - Commander Electrickite o7

[up]

Alright... guess i`ll add my 2 bits.

1. Love the attention to the sound effects from hearing the retro boosters fire when slowing down and the creaking of your ship to entering a Starbase and hearing the cacophony of a living station. Love the `pops and whistles` in comms which just makes it `real` for me. Very well done.
2. the graphics details and animations are very well done. I like how the base station has things happening and even in solo mode watching npc ships take off, the platform dips and turns around waiting for the next ship to land. Those blinking indicator lights all add to the feel of reality.
3. Missions are almost like a job sometimes. Just finished a long tourist mission which I had to go all the way through- couldn`t really take time off or mission failed. When I finally dropped the HAPPY tourist back off at the original start (who just had to detour for some clothing on the way) I sat back tired, but a job well done!
4. Really like the CC since I love seeing how my guy and ship looks every now and then.
5. Love the strict 1st person ethos of the game.
6. Really like being able to name my ship.
7. Love the feeling of flying through deep, lonely space. Alone, yet not alone.
8. Love interdiction mechanic.
9. Like the depth of mechanical stuff for each ship and customisations.
10. I like the general npc artwork a lot.

Overall I really enjoy the feeling of being an inconsequential mote in a tin can, set free to roam this massive galaxy. Sometimes I just stop and marvel at the blooming wonders I'm seeing, sometimes I try for a screen-shot, but very often I don't bother, and I just enjoy the moment.

Planetary landing is possibly my favourite feature to date. It's turned all the planets I see from being mere 'pretty baubles' to real tangible visceral entities.

In 2.3, this one surprised me, given I was a bit 'meh' when I first heard about it:
6. Really like being able to name my ship
I don't understand why, but I get a huge kick from seeing my ships' names, both 'painted' on their hull, and in the UI.

I've played this game on and off since original beta in 2014, and think FDev have done a really solid job of growing the game from then. Of course we all always want more, sooner, but they are doing a fine job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom