Possible story line - Market Crash Void Opals

Maybe ED team are getting lazy or they are simply too busy but surely before they crashed the VO market with the September Update they could at least try to do it in the context of a thriving galactic community of traders etc. ( not serious)
Example:
Galnet News:
Void opal Market crashes
You name it Corporation has developed technology that basically means that for every Ton of VO they can manufacture 3 tons of VO material. The process involves high end chemical interference technology blah bla blah....passing all tests and will make the use of VO considerably more efficient.
The down side being that upon announcement the market for VO has suddenly crashed with in a few minutes to just under half the typical high end Bubble price of 1.6 million per ton down to under 800k. Unfortunately no compensation is available for those hardy and intrepid long haul VO core miners that have filled their holds only to find out their 500 tons of so is now only worth 250 tons and that they will have to work twice as hard to get the value they were getting before...
Market fluctuations are expected but the days, nights and weekends of VO rush are over...
Low temperature diamonds are now the premium for core miners currently selling for around the million per ton ...or so...but for how long?
=====

So I am currently parked at a station waiting to see if my 550 tons of VO may gain a better price that 780K per ton, but I am not going to hold my breath...

Yeah I know ... I am an idgit! :)

Last edited:
Preaching to the choir there.

Back when they first announced removing the fluff stories so only gameplay relevant stories would be added, I doubt anyone thought the 'slight' reduction in Galnet content they mentioned would actually mean 'almost total'.

A quick story accompanying a change like this about the market being saturated, or production being improved etc. would have given a nice bit of context.

Preaching to the choir there.

Back when they first announced removing the fluff stories so only gameplay relevant stories would be added, I doubt anyone thought the 'slight' reduction in Galnet content they mentioned would actually mean 'almost total'.

A quick story accompanying a change like this about the market being saturated, or production being improved etc. would have given a nice bit of context.
Thanks for that little bit of ED history...I wasn't aware that they had removed story/market/gameplay context as such....
Commodity Trading/mining is a significant part of the gameplay IMO and deserves a little attention now and then especially when something as dramatic as this happens.

Last edited:
It was more the case that there were some stories where, for example, there would be a ship that would go missing, players would go looking for it, but as it was a background story, there was no actual ship in the game to be found.

As a result of some players being unhappy that some of these stories had no gameplay attached, it was decided to remove them in favour of only having Galnet stories that were related to a thing that was actually happening in game.

Why this also includes possible stories giving an in game reason for changes in the commodity market or some background into the new BGS states, which do have relevance in game is anyone's guess.

Soooo.... now the market for Void opals has crashed even further...lol
Can't seem to sell over 400k

Must be a hell of a lot of VO being dumped ...galaxy wide. Even the Colonia bubble is in trouble...( worse than usual) lol

A bit like Bitcoin hey?!!!!! :)

yep agree, took me a while to get into mining, GO mining they said it pays really well, so after a while I did and now they nerfed it like everything else they keep nerfing. Anyway Low Temp Diamonds are now paying more than Voids, around 1.3 mil lately, so now I am mining those, in the hope to gather some more credits for the Fleet carrier, if even affordable for most of us dunno. Always feel I play ED at a disadvantage when they keep nerfing everything. Bottom line is they are trying to make the gaming experience for ED better no doubt but, they cannot keep nerfing everything otherwise they same experience that was provided to others will no longer be there for some of us, thus that rendering the game unfair to some of us and cause us to lose interest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom