Post 3.0, do completed Missions still give no influence during a War/Civil War?

With the mission revamp, I am wondering if this anomaly was addressed.

It's always been the case that, despite the flavour text for wartime missions saying that they're "critical for the war effort" or some such, non-combat-related missions don't actually help in the war effort in terms of increasing influence, and even the combat missions only "helped" in terms of directing you to kill the correct targets; completing the mission itself didn't move the influence bars one jot. But I am wondering if this is still the case.

Right now, I'm seeing a delivery mission from a faction at war, that I'd like to take. It's offering an INF+++ reward option (with the other rewards giving INF++). Is this mission actually lying to me? Would I be just throwing money away taking the INF+++ option? It's certainly implying that taking the mission will boost their influence, but I'm not seeing any discussion here in BGS about this having changed.

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
I doubt its been tested yet. Combat missions have previously given influence but I'd be surprised if non-combat ones ever will.

I have only tested so far as to know generally that Missions are still following the current trend for Civil War and War rules seen recently; as in they don't do anything.

So far only Bounties and Combat Bonds are currently the only element I have witnessed move influence during those conflict states.
Inversely, Missions and Passengers are still the only elements I have witnessed effect influence during Elections.

However, I have not specifically tested Massacre Missions. My tests have included other missions and passengers currently, with Combat Bonds or Bounties.

Nope, missions during war don't do anything still. Personally, "this is fine", though I get the flavour text of missions is pretty buggy.

TBH though, they really can't make missions count while this bug is still extant. It's not just an "RNG didn't love me" issue, factions will simply, seemingly randomly, never generate war-theme missions. This puts a massive bias *against* factions suffering this bug.

With 9 systems now under my group's control, most of which through war, we've never, ever seen war-themed missions for our faction.

Until then, the flavour text should remove any reference to "this will help our efforts", and remove any reference to influence rewards.

Last edited:
Nope, missions during war don't do anything still. Personally, "this is fine", though I get the flavour text of missions is pretty buggy.

TBH though, they really can't make missions count while this bug is still extant. It's not just an "RNG didn't love me" issue, factions will simply, seemingly randomly, never generate war-theme missions. This puts a massive bias *against* factions suffering this bug.

With 9 systems now under my group's control, most of which through war, we've never, ever seen war-themed missions for our faction.

Until then, the flavour text should remove any reference to "this will help our efforts", and remove any reference to influence rewards.

When none spawn for the faction you want to support or gain Rep from I mostly take the ones from the opposition. Then fly around in SC for a while or enter the CZ and do nothing. Eventually I get a counter-offer from the MF I like to fight for.

Also, if a MF is in more then one System I check those who are close to the one the War / Civil War is in for MM's.

It's a shame they can't fix the bug and actually allow these missions to have an effect, though... Flying around in a CZ for the entire period of a ware gets really old, really fast. Being able to run missions to help the war effort would be a lot more fun.

Soon(TM) I suppose.

Top Bottom