General / Off-Topic Posting reaction GIFs doesn't make you smart or funny

AvrWg.gif

You can either express a reaction to something using a phonetic tool (write some text), an audio tool (clips of music or sounds reminiscent of the concept one wants to convey) or a visual tool (a static image, or a little clip), depending on what the technology allows and personal inclination.
Being all of those tools to achieve a result (communicate a message or a feeling), you can make a good job or a crappy one with any of them.

YMMV Personally, I say mehh.
Also, evidence of why American/Imperial measurements are better than metric: Your Kilometerage May Vary is just plain awkward.

YMMV Personally, I say mehh.
Also, evidence of why American/Imperial measurements are better than metric: Your Kilometerage May Vary is just plain awkward.

We live in a sort of twilight world in the UK. Mostly, smaller measurements are done in metric things in centimetres and metres however we drive in MPH, road signs still indicate distances in miles and sometimes yards (no hard shoulder for 500 yards). We buy a litre of coke from the supermarket but drink a pint of beer in the pub.

Expressing your feelings or reactions by animated gifs is a declaration of your personality's bankruptcy. These are basically second hand emotions at best and hardly something I could take seriously. People using them extensively always looking a bit infantile in my eyes. Hiding their own feelings behind those assumed by famous actors is a clear sign of underdeveloped personalities. Once there was a time in there words were perfectly sufficient to express feelings and expressions... times were people were less lazy than so many folks in these days.

I agree with you, however there is a saying that says : "A picture often speaks better than words"

And can be very useful on the international forums where the mastery of languages is very variable and the meaning of words can differ from one country to another.

That said, I confirm again that I find this banana very friendly.

Top Bottom