Power and Connections

Brett C

Frontier
As per a thread here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/432093-OMG-How-do-you-connect-power - Let's Discuss Power! ALL THE POWER!

There are three power units in the game.

- Small Power Station
- Medium Power Station
- Large Power Station

Each one outputs a set amount of base power, and every power station can be modified to an extent!

- Small: 60
- Medium: 80
- Large: 100

Every building you create in your park consumes a set amount of power. Upgrades to buildings will also increase the power requirements.

So let's begin with placing a power station...

JWE_2018-06-12_10-54-09.png

While this is being built, let's go ahead and build a substation. A substation is where power is distributed to nearby buildings - this is always highlighted in yellow of the radius covered. This transfers power from the generator stations to the buildings.

chrome_2018-06-12_10-58-27.png

We now need to connect the sub station to the generation station.

You can do this by clicking the Pylon button on the Power UI at the bottom left.

JWE_2018-06-12_11-00-32.png

Continue this until the
ewS97dl.png
no longer appears on both sides.

You are now generating and transferring power to substations and the nearby buildings around the substation!

I have a quick question Brett. (Sorry I posted this in another topic as well. This is the right one!)

I'm still on Matanceros and my next objective is to supply one of my small power stations with a 3.0 upgrade. The thing is, I've only unlocked the 1.0 upgrade. My question is therefore, do the missions continue with me when I move on to the next island? Will this objective be there until I unlock the 3.0 upgrade later on in the game at a different island?

I have a quick question Brett. (Sorry I posted this in another topic as well. This is the right one!)

I'm still on Matanceros and my next objective is to supply one of my small power stations with a 3.0 upgrade. The thing is, I've only unlocked the 1.0 upgrade. My question is therefore, do the missions continue with me when I move on to the next island? Will this objective be there until I unlock the 3.0 upgrade later on in the game at a different island?

Missions and contracts are bound to the island you get them on.

You will have to wait until later on when you have unlocked the 3.0 upgrade, go back to Matanceros and complete the contract/mission! Or, you could cancel the contract/mission. :)

Missions and contracts are bound to the island you get them on.

You will have to wait until later on when you have unlocked the 3.0 upgrade, go back to Matanceros and complete the contract/mission! Or, you could cancel the contract/mission. :)

Now I'm confused. haha. Just had another member telling me, that when I move to the next island, the mission will still be the same. As they don't change regardless of the island you're on. :D

How do electric fences work ? Do i need to have substations and poles right around the enclosure or is there a single area to connect the power.

Brett C

Frontier

This sort of sounds like a bug - mind reporting that over in this forum: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/260-PC-Bug-Reports

Brett C

Frontier
How do electric fences work ? Do i need to have substations and poles right around the enclosure or is there a single area to connect the power.

Electric Fences are in looped-segments.

So long as a section of the electric fence has access to a substation, it'll power the entire loop.

Thanks brett

Part of my fence was working and another had the power outage icons or similar. I will check and see if it was a power issue or maybe the fence wasn't connected properly. It's good to know how it is meant to function.

Edit: yep, must have missed a section when replacing the fence, working now.

Last edited:
Thanks brett

Part of my fence was working and another had the power outage icons or similar. I will check and see if it was a power issue or maybe the fence wasn't connected properly. It's good to know how it is meant to function.

Edit: yep, must have missed a section when replacing the fence, working now.

Glad you are sorted.
The other thing to look for is total power demand.
I hit a similar issue yesterday when I upgraded to electronic fences and found that my overall power demand took me beyond my energy budget. It took me ages to eventually clock that the reason why the fence wasn't electric was because I had run out of power.

Use the Power tab of the Management View to quickly check how much spare power your Park has - good for planning ahead and deciding what size stations to build.

Top Bottom