Powerplay Power Play Merits ? Can I hold them ? How long ?

Disclaimer up front : I don't have hours to devote to the game. I have a wife, a kid, and a life. I need to maximize my playing time. I get maybe three or four two hour blocks to play a week.
I'm flying around in Archon's space, popping Elite haulers ( yeah ! 30 merits and good pilots rank points ! ). I see I'm getting to 600+ merits, and I begin to think about turning them in. But I already have my 1500 merits for the week.. so they'll just get cut in half. Kind of a waste, right ? But then I have a thought.. what if I held on to them. I'd still have the 600+, and I could turn them in Thursday, and keep my rank with no extra work.. Hmm.
Maxing this out, what if I didn't turn ANY in for the next few weeks. If I held them for a month, and then dropped 10k worth. I'd have level 5 and the 50 million payday.
Question 1 : Do my merits decay if I haven't turned them in ?
Question 2 : Do they have an expiration period ? How long can you hold them ?

Last edited:
Question 1 : They won't decay but will completely expire if you don't turn them in by 7 am GMT Thursday.
Question 2 : See answer #1.

:)

Last edited:
Aye Roger that Darkfyre...... I'm just using the default "Black Background:" Forum so I didn't realize. I thought people were just ignoring me !

Still might be so.... :eek:

Question 1 : They won't decay but will completely expire if you don't turn them in by 7 am GMT Thursday.
Question 2 : See answer #1.

Nuts. Thought I had a work around to get level 5 with my limited game time.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Thanks for clearing this up. In the same boat and new to pp so was just wandering the same. Still only a session of undermining to get back to 1500.

As im never going to get past rank 4 there is no point in doing extra and loosing half. Just allow my first session to get back to rank then

I confirmed this last night at the PP end of week. Turned in my 700 to be safe. Turned around, went back to Huichi and collected 60 more and held them. GONE in the morning, and they didn't get added to my rank.
If you're holding merits, they vanish end the end of week update.

Top Bottom