Powerplay Power Play Weapon Priority/Order?

Even though I've looked something tells me this thread/answer exists so feel free to mock me and link there otherwise let me know your thoughts. I've been doing Power Play for a while now to accrue the various weapons/modules. Honestly I wish I'd been doing it from day one as I gave up those 7-8 months worried it would be a pain where it hasn't been at all. Anyway here's what I have already and what I'm thinking I'd do next.

I generally role play gentlemen pirate which means I don't do any ganking and rarely kill a target. I am doing more and more PvP so with these weapons that's how I'll be using them. Here's what I have currently in the order I obtained them. I usually buy the most I'd ever put on one ship, 4-6 depending. I then store and swap them around as needed.

- Prismatics (1 of every module size)
- Pack Hounds
- Imperial Hammers
- FSD Disruptor Missile

Honestly I did the pack hounds so early as I just love them, they are so fun to watch fly. The Hammers were the first PP weapons I learned about way back when I started so I wanted them thanks to that. The FSD Disruptor is due to my Piracy, I'll have to see if I love or hate it.

Here's the future order I'm thinking, I'd love input on this.

- Pacifier Frag
I know many like this but I'm not seeing way as it looks less powerful than the standard, just longer range. Is that right? I do like that it's class 3.

- Advanced Plasma Accelerator
I know little about it other than I like that it's a class 3 vs. 1/2 for most.

- Cytoscrambler
Like the concept of being able to take down shields very quickly, key in piracy. That said most of the ships I encounter, say an Asp X, I can take them down with the huge beam on my FDL pretty quick anyway. I also don't love that it's only class 1. Is it so good against shields that you only need it as a class 1?

- Pulse Disruptor
This looks interesting, mainly as I assume the target would get a funky message about the attack they don't hear often possibly g them out.

These look pretty worthless, am I wrong?

- Retributor
This doesn't look interesting at all given the size 1, thoughts?

- Enforcer Cannon
I just don't see a class 1 multicannon being worth it at all.

- Mining Lance
Riiiiiight, this looks awesome....

Thanks for any thoughts you guys have.

~X

Last edited by a moderator:
- Pacifier Frag
I know many like this but I'm not seeing way as it looks less powerful than the standard, just longer range. Is that right? I do like that it's class 3.

One big quality of the pacifier frag is that the spread is much tighter, this makes it in fact more powrful, since usually the whole load hits the target. This can make some big difference in damage especially if you try to hit modules.

One big quality of the pacifier frag is that the spread is much tighter, this makes it in fact more powrful, since usually the whole load hits the target. This can make some big difference in damage especially if you try to hit modules.

Agreed, My vulture had 2 engineered to make them incredibly devastating, one double shot Thermal (incineratory) and the other Overcharged corrosive...One to strip shields and the other to negate the hull. the tight spread was beautiful, and DAM got up to 340 on one I think.

I am now going for pack hounds then after that Prismatics... the rest don't interest me as they are pretty much unusable for my ship size. imp Hammers sound good but again, too small for my ship

Thanks guys, appreciate the input.

As for the Cytoscrambler I have to admit I just love the name! I did figure they were very specific as I've never seen anyone use them before. Probably not as bad as the mining lance but it seems close. That said a kill with the lance must be awesome!

Sounds like I'll go for the Pacifer next then. @Jaylem the Pack Hounds are great, they are just so much fun to fire. For fun I put 4 of them on my FDL, firing all 4 at once is awesome as this swarm of missiles will be on the way to the target. It cracks me up every time - and is very effective. I've seen mine get through point defense and still land 80% of the missiles.

As for the Hammers those are also pretty sweet to fire. I love the triple shot as you have that much more ability to land at least one of the three bursts so at least you hit something each time. When you do land all 3 it's pretty great. As for the Prismatic shields I have to admit I was somewhat underwhelmed with them. I have a grade 5 engineered shield of every size, those are stronger by about 20% than the Prismatics un-engineered (just haven't had time to go engineer them). The other issue is the Prismatics are super heavy, double a standard shield in the same class.

Zachary Hudson here I come...

-X

I can get my prismatics in only 3 more days. I am very excited. Cmdrs please tell me when you say one of every size, are you meaning a 5,6,7 and 8?
What is the most effective engineering mod for combat? Think I'm going for pacifier after that. I want my smaller combat ships to be more effective.

What's also fun about Packhounds is that the mess it creates on screen can easily hide something else. Like a well aimed PA coming through the mist, for example.

Love your YouTube vids, by the way

As for the Cytoscrambler I have to admit I just love the name! I did figure they were very specific as I've never seen anyone use them before. Probably not as bad as the mining lance but it seems close. That said a kill with the lance must be awesome!
I tried cytos modded lr for 2km max range, in pve on DBS mixed with 2 gimballed mc, no other small ship get close in terms of kills/H, but in fast paced pvp borderline useless.
What's also fun about Packhounds is that the mess it creates on screen can easily hide something else. Like a well aimed PA coming through the mist, for example.
double packhounds work like chaff vs fixed weapons:)

- Enforcer Cannon
I just don't see a class 1 multicannon being worth it at all.
+25% dps over original mc, with slightly longer spool time, IMO 2nd best c1 weapon after railgun, too bad synthesis bug still not fixed

Tbh I think the pulse disruptor should be on the list of niche weapons. They only work once the shields are stripped and require a direct hit. I've been with Winter's my entire pp career and I've never bothered with them. Although I probably should just to get first hand experience.

I hear cytos are good for screwing shields and for phasing bit then again I've never used them.

Engineered Enforcers behave like mediums pushing large. A II SRB cyto will hit shields like a large if your distro can cope feeding them (point blank!). APAs are useless now TLB has been given a cooldown. Pacifiers are wonderful (Twin pacifier Vulture- yes please), hammers look fun but all 3 have to hit to do slightly more than 1 reg rail damage.

So far... I have done the
1. Packhounds
2. Prismatics
3. Pacifiers

Not sure if i will do anything else at this point as I must admit, I am loving the Vulture

Top Bottom