News Powerplay 2.4 Un-Pledge Notice

We hope you’re all excited for 2.4 The Return on September 26, I’m sure you’ve all seen the recent cinematic short video from last night’s livestream. I hope you are all as excited and terrified as I am for the update!

As you may know, in 2.4 there will be some new changes to pilots federation bounties and rebuys which Sandro has been discussing on the forums.

As Powerplay features consensual, player-versus-player interactions, this will provide exemption from Pilot’s Federation bounties and the ship rebuy penalty when entering into legitimate Powerplay PVP combat when 2.4 arrives. To ensure a smooth transition, we are going to un-pledge any Commander that has not participated in Powerplay on or around the launch of 2.4.

Any Commander with zero merits at this time will be un-pledged. If you wish to remain pledged, all you have to do is earn a single merit by this date.

This is a one-time effect; you are free to pledge again if you are un-pledged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget that CMDRs who are shopping for powerplay modules will often pledge for 3-and-a-half weeks without earning a single merit, then earn their 750 merits before week 4 hits.

If they get un-pledged during this time, they might get annoyed at having to start the 4 week timer again.

I would like to thank the Developers once again on behalf of pledged PvP-ers and perhaps even PvP-ers generally for engaging with us constructively and, imo, successfully on this issue.

Don't forget that CMDRs who are shopping for powerplay modules will often pledge for 3-and-a-half weeks without earning a single merit, then earn their 750 merits before week 4 hits.

If they get un-pledged during this time, they might get annoyed at having to start the 4 week timer again.

This ^^ is a really good point.

To be clear, are these merits only on your commander at the time or does this include "uncashed" merits in the transaction page?

Ha ha - another good point - yeah, losing 9,500 of those, for someone whose prepping for Sirius Lvl5 before cashing in his explo data, might annoy someone just a bit...!

Ha ha - another good point - yeah, losing 9,500 of those, for someone whose prepping for Sirius Lvl5 before cashing in his explo data, might annoy someone just a bit...!

Haha, at least it might stop a huge snipe operation someones been planning. That said I'm fairly certain the answer is not any in the transaction tab. those merits are removed after every cycle. Just wanted to be sure though.

To be clear, are these merits only on your commander at the time or does this include "uncashed" merits in the transaction page?

I believe this is on your Commander at the time, but that's worth clarification. I will double-check with Sandro on this and report back. :)

Perhaps this could also be communicated through a message in the inbox? I can imagine pledged players not having been on for a bit finding when they log back in that they can no longer buy Powerplay modules or commodities and wondering what happened. The 'Breaking News' section of the launcher is fine but only for as long as it remains breaking news - those messages get updated and changed but an inbox message will be there waiting for when you log in.

This way, For players like me who pledged when I had no idea what the F** I was doing,
I can make a better informed decision after 78 hours of gameplay.

That, and hopefully they will have added the ability to Pledge to the Thargoids.
"For the Hive! Long live the Queen"

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
Dale, I do agree that I think this needs to be communicated via an inbox message as well. Not everyone reads these boards. I have passed the notice onto the Winters/Hudson community within our discord. Not to mention, losing the 16+ week, 5 prep/consolidation vote, ability if they can't login the week it drops. It's already hard fighting 5c in consolidation/prep votes for some powers, this could make that worse!

That, and hopefully they will have added the ability to Pledge to the Thargoids.
"For the Hive! Long live the Queen"

Sorry! They've stated that Thargoids will NOT be part of PP....

Last edited:
Dale - Is there a way to opt out of being un-pledged without having access to the game in the next 11 days? I know some CMDRs who are away/otherwise incapacitated who do not relish the prospect of losing their 'Pledged for 100-odd weeks' stat.

Would an email to Support do?

(Edit: even people who have access to the game but are way out exploring will be unable to get the necessary merits)

Last edited:
No! I hate Power play! I am currently pledged to get Imp hammers and you are going to take my time pledged away because you can't do the update? That's embarrassing. I hate power play. It's not fun. I refuse to do it until the 4th week to allow myself minimal exposure of this system that I Hate. You need to understand I truly hate power play. And if you are paying attention you should know so do many many people.

I figured hey I will pledge before he patch and get my hammers right around 2.4 launch.
And now you are going to take away my 2 weeks pledged it if I don't FORCE MYSELF TO DO THIS GAMEPLAY MECHANIC THAT I HATE? Nothing like this happened in the other patches. I should not be getting left to dry like this.

So. No. I refuse to participate in power play until the 4th week to allow me MINIMAL TIME WASTED ON POWER PLAY. Because that's all power play is. A waste of time. And to repeat myself there are very few players who enjoy it. And to repeat myself yet again. I hate it. I could go on and on and on about why. But to sum it up. I hate power play. It's that simple. It's a bad mechanic. Most people only join for the modules. Or as simply a name tag to RP with.

How many people are in the same boat as me? How many people are you about to PO by doing this? Not every one is a die hard loser like me Ya know... this message is going to be missed by many people. All I want is to go back to Felicia Winters and spend my life as a Fed. But I still have the Advanced plasma accelerator to pick up after my hammers so that won't be happening for a while. And you need to understand that every moment spent as an enemy of the Feds is a moment of pain. Mostly annoying in pvp when someone assumes you are a Federal traitor.

OK here is a solution. Either you simply grant me 1,000 (a large number to protect against losing it all from treachery. killing Imps) merits right now. To alleviate my worries about losing my progress going into 2.4 or...I want you to skip all this Bio waste called power play and just grant me 4 weeks pledged and unlock the hammer for me.

I'll copy pasta this to support later if I don't get a response. Hopefully they can save me from this nonsense. I'll say it one more time. I hate power play. And this situation is just another reason added to the list.

If I do no work in the cycle containing the 26th and my right panel says 1000 merits, do I lose my powerplay rank?

or do I have to have done some work/merit earning that week the 26th contains and prior rolled over merits count or not?

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
No! I hate Power play! I am currently pledged to get Imp hammers and you are going to take my time pledged away because you can't do the update? That's embarrassing. I hate power play. It's not fun. I refuse to do it until the 4th week to allow myself minimal exposure of this system that I Hate. You need to understand I truly hate power play. And if you are paying attention you should know so do many many people.

I figured hey I will pledge before he patch and get my hammers right around 2.4 launch.
And now you are going to take away my 2 weeks pledged it if I don't FORCE MYSELF TO DO THIS GAMEPLAY MECHANIC THAT I HATE? Nothing like this happened in the other patches. I should not be getting left to dry like this.

So. No. I refuse to participate in power play until the 4th week to allow me MINIMAL TIME WASTED ON POWER PLAY. Because that's all power play is. A waste of time. And to repeat myself there are very few players who enjoy it. And to repeat myself yet again. I hate it. I could go on and on and on about why. But to sum it up. I hate power play. It's that simple. It's a bad mechanic. Most people only join for the modules. Or as simply a name tag to RP with.

How many people are in the same boat as me? How many people are you about to PO by doing this? Not every one is a die hard loser like me Ya know... this message is going to be missed by many people. All I want is to go back to Felicia Winters and spend my life as a Fed. But I still have the Advanced plasma accelerator to pick up after my hammers so that won't be happening for a while. And you need to understand that every moment spent as an enemy of the Feds is a moment of pain. Mostly annoying in pvp when someone assumes you are a Federal traitor.

OK here is a solution. Either you simply grant me 1,000 (a large number to protect against losing it all from treachery. killing Imps) merits right now. To alleviate my worries about losing my progress going into 2.4 or...I want you to skip all this Bio waste called power play and just grant me 4 weeks pledged and unlock the hammer for me.

I'll copy pasta this to support later if I don't get a response. Hopefully they can save me from this nonsense. I'll say it one more time. I hate power play. And this situation is just another reason added to the list.

ONE merit... 1... as in a SINGLE bloody merit. Go and deliver ONE (1 single TON) of forts that week... and you're set

And if you're Winters, head on over to the Winters discord! PP is more fun when there is actually a plan/reason behind what's happening.

lordy

Dale - Is there a way to opt out of being un-pledged without having access to the game in the next 11 days? I know some CMDRs who are away/otherwise incapacitated who do not relish the prospect of losing their 'Pledged for 100-odd weeks' stat.

Would an email to Support do?

(Edit: even people who have access to the game but are way out exploring will be unable to get the necessary merits)

Yep, this. I am out in the black right now and I do NOT want to be un pledged but am unable to get back to earn any merits without beating feet back. Don't do it.

ONE merit... 1... as in a SINGLE bloody merit. Go and deliver ONE (1 single TON) of forts that week... and you're set

And if you're Winters, head on over to the Winters discord! PP is more fun when there is actually a plan/reason behind what's happening.

It's not one merit. It's however many merits I lose from killing Imps. Which is kind of my pastime. I suppose i could hang around the HQ for the entire final week...Because that's totally how I want to prep for the Goids. Doing powerplay Nonsense the night before invasion...

If you're out exploring, what difference does it make?

It's not one merit. It's however many merits I lose from killing Imps. Which is kind of my pastime. I suppose i could hang around the HQ for the entire final week...Because that's totally how I want to prep for the Goids. Doing powerplay Nonsense the night before invasion...

Do a quick prep run on Thursday and cash in.

Top Bottom