News Powerplay 2.4 Un-Pledge Notice

If you are a long-standing pledge, you will not be able to consolidate immediately once you re-pledge (and earn merits), and your vote weight will be reduced until you've been pledged for another 16 weeks.

Seems a bit odd that you're able to consolidate without contributing anything for a week?

The more I read this thread, the more it seems to me that this well-intentioned measure by Frontier still needs more thought ... unintended consequences and all that.

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
It's not one merit. It's however many merits I lose from killing Imps. Which is kind of my pastime. I suppose i could hang around the HQ for the entire final week...Because that's totally how I want to prep for the Goids. Doing powerplay Nonsense the night before invasion...

I'm confused then by your comments. You only need to gain ONE merit that week in order to avoid being unpledged, that's it. you can do the single merit from Thursday through Monday to avoid being unpledged.

Seems a bit odd that you're able to consolidate without contributing anything for a week?

You're not. What I'm trying to say is that if I were to take a month long break for earning merits (maybe I want to go to Beagle Point) and lose my pledge status during this time, when I return on a Wednesday I won't be able to run a few hundred merits, be rank 2 next week, and have 5 votes to spend on consolidation. I'll have to wait 4 weeks to get 1 vote, and another 12 after that to get 5.

actually, powerplay bounty exemption should be active only for cmdrs with merits.

because now all pvp trolls will be pledged to either federation or empire to get the exemption for at least some of the ganked victims. They will of course switch freely fee/emp for every CG.

this will be new gank meta startin September 26th.

tl;dr: PP bounty exemption should work only to rank 1 (or higher) power players.

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
actually, powerplay bounty exemption should be active only for cmdrs with merits.

because now all pvp trolls will be pledged to either federation or empire to get the exemption for at least some of the ganked victims. They will of course switch freely fee/emp for every CG.

this will be new gank meta startin September 26th.

tl;dr: PP bounty exemption should work only to rank 1 (or higher) power players.

Trolls won't care about the PF bounty.... it won't stop the more hardcore of them from ganking noobs in the starter systems etc.

I'm confused then by your comments. You only need to gain ONE merit that week in order to avoid being unpledged, that's it. you can do the single merit from Thursday through Monday to avoid being unpledged.

And to get that 1 merit I have to take a hop skip across the bubble. It's mostly annoying because when I resolved myself to 4 weeks of being labeled an Imperial I planned to do as minimal Powerplay nonsense as possible. And now I have to become actively involved with a system that (As if I did not make it clear enough already) I hate with a passion. It already feels as if they designed the system to be un-user friendly as possible. And now this on top of it? Nonsense is exactly what I wanted to avoid. Thanks Fdev.

I am not sure FDev has considered all the use cases affected by this decision. For example, a cmdr that decided to go on an exploration trip before the release of v2.4 is screwed.

Will customer support be able to restore your previous "time pledged" value, after it is reset by this decision?

As someone who currently can't play Elite due to not presently having a computer capable of running it, I am highly irritated by this decision. There is nothing I can do to prevent the loss of an extremely long period pledged, that, for the majority of the time, I was earning R5 merits, is quite the blow. I still follow what's going on with the game, and this is exceedingly disheartening.

I believe this is on your Commander at the time, but that's worth clarification. I will double-check with Sandro on this and report back. :)

For the reasons listed by other players already Dale, I think it would be a very good idea to put a message on the menu screen about this. (It's been done before, sorry but I can't remember the exact circumstances - think it was some insurance related bug maybe a year ago?) Failing that, an in-game inbox message would also seem like a very good idea.

Putting it on the forum, reddit and whatever other social media channels you use is fine but a message in-game will be seen by everybody who actually logs into the game over the next week which is surely going to reach more people? It would also probably save support some time in dealing with reports from people who haven't picked up on this through social media channels.

Last edited:
We hope you’re all excited for 2.4 The Return on September 26, I’m sure you’ve all seen the recent cinematic short video from last night’s livestream. I hope you are all as excited and terrified as I am for the update!

As you may know, in 2.4 there will be some new changes to pilots federation bounties and rebuys which Sandro has been discussing on the forums.

As Powerplay features consensual, player-versus-player interactions, this will provide exemption from Pilot’s Federation bounties and the ship rebuy penalty when entering into legitimate Powerplay PVP combat when 2.4 arrives. To ensure a smooth transition, we are going to un-pledge any Commander that has not participated in Powerplay on or around the launch of 2.4.

Any Commander with zero merits at this time will be un-pledged. If you wish to remain pledged, all you have to do is earn a single merit by this date.

This is a one-time effect; you are free to pledge again if you are un-pledged.

So because I am out in the black I get un-pledged and then get to go through the 4 week thing again. Can I turn in a preemptive support ticket to have my status restored? How about and "opt out" instead of an "opt in" and leave our accounts as is? Unless I am harmed by a game bug I don't need a "Mommy".

Dale,

I hope you guys reconsider this. If someone doesn't want "legitimate Powerplay PVP combat" they should unpledge themselves. They already opted in.

Top Bottom