News Powerplay 2.4 Un-Pledge Notice

For the reasons listed by other players already Dale, I think it would be a very good idea to put a message on the menu screen about this. (It's been done before, sorry but I can't remember the exact circumstances - think it was some insurance related bug maybe a year ago?) Failing that, an in-game inbox message would also seem like a very good idea.

Putting it on the forum reddit and whatever other social media channels you use is fine but a message in-game will be seen by everybody who actually logs into the game over the next week which is surely going to reach more people? It would also probably save support some time in dealing with reports from people who haven't picked up on this through social media channels.

Dale, Red is on the right track; advise people logging into the game and by message that if they don't want PvP due to PP then THEY have the option of un-pledging. They will have been warned and hand holding is not necessary.

This one really has my goat

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
Yeah, everyone looking for a safe way to a safer safety. You don't think that maybe the weekly reminder to pick up your paycheck clues them in?

And the reminder the day of PP tick to turn in merits before the system goes down...

We hope you’re all excited for 2.4 The Return on September 26 [...].

Nope, quite the opposite really. Calm and relaxed, waiting patiently until I can utilise those QoL improvements experienced in the beta. I was impressed with the changes you guys made. :)

[...] I hope you are all as excited and terrified as I am for the update!

Once again, nope, neither. However, I am interested how the 2.4 beta will differ from the live version, especially when taking hidden mysteries into consideration, and I look forward to seeing whether I can join a Thargoid side to betray the other, or even the human race (Baltar style)! Muahahahahahaaaaa! :D

Any Commander with zero merits at this time will be un-pledged. If you wish to remain pledged, all you have to do is earn a single merit by this date.

Any chance we can opt out of this?

A lot of explorers may not have an easy way to "earn a single merit by this date".

Don't forget that CMDRs who are shopping for powerplay modules will often pledge for 3-and-a-half weeks without earning a single merit, then earn their 750 merits before week 4 hits.

If they get un-pledged during this time, they might get annoyed at having to start the 4 week timer again.

Great point!

lets hope they see this notice. Fd would be wise to make this an all caps banner in the launcher (which they will probably do)

Man up people. I've got to do some merits for the blue wench now and that makes me cringe just thinking about it.

But I'll do it and just kill a couple of Grom ships. I'm sure AD would be ok with that :)

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
The issue I see is module shoppers that don't read this.... especially those 2 weeks, and suddently back to square one.

An in-game notice would be a must... I just don't know how explorer's who can't get back in time to earn a merit, and don't want to lose their pledge time stat, will do this...

Man up people. I've got to do some merits for the blue wench now and that makes me cringe just thinking about it.

But I'll do it and just kill a couple of Grom ships. I'm sure AD would be ok with that :)

Wouldn't have a problem if I was within 10kly or so of the bubble. Not the point though. Not having suffered loss due to bug, I would like Fdev to leave my account the way it is and frankly the way I like it.

I'm glad I happened upon this thread. Been pledged for just over a year now, but currently on a break from elite. I know I'm sitting at zero merits now, so would i have to log in and earn some the week of this change to not be un-pledged? I had hoped to wait until colder months before I started spending 6 hours a night playing, but between the return and this, feels like I have no choice but to saddle up and fly.

So im supposed to somehow earn merits whilst 40,000ly away?

This

Dear Fdev, as there has been no losses due to bugs or other game coding matters, I request that you leave your mitts off of my account. I know you are good and fair when there is a real development/coding/bug problem but this is not one. My account is mine and is the way that I like it.

A simple patch note explaining this in the patch notes and letting people choose to un pledge themselves would make far more sense than this nonsense surely???... Your support will be getting a wall of pointless tickets over this because many players don't read forums etc.

Well, while it might look good on paper, unpledging is a massive kick in the nuts to explorers who don't have access to anything even remotely related to Power Play.

Didn't see any mention of how you plan to handle this, so I have to wonder if anyone in the office even though of it to begin with.

Won't affect me, since I'm not out exploring at present, but I can see this being an issue for quite a few people who are.

As you may know, in 2.4 there will be some new changes to pilots federation bounties and rebuys which Sandro has been discussing on the forums.

Nope, had no idea. Until I saw this posted on reddit by chance.

As Powerplay features consensual, player-versus-player interactions, this will provide exemption from Pilot’s Federation bounties and the ship rebuy penalty when entering into legitimate Powerplay PVP combat when 2.4 arrives. To ensure a smooth transition, we are going to un-pledge any Commander that has not participated in Powerplay on or around the launch of 2.4.

Nit-picking here, but since when did powerplay mean you were consenting to pvp? As far as I was aware, it was just a way to pick an item that only one powerplay option sold & the others didn't, such as the hammer or whatever.

Any Commander with zero merits at this time will be un-pledged. If you wish to remain pledged, all you have to do is earn a single merit by this date.

Wow, zero thought gone into this I see. What about those out exploring? Hell are they meant to do?

If someone's pledged to whatever, it should be left like that, not this mess of a way you're doing things. Sheesh! :S

To those who are long term pledges but been inactive, may I ask what it is that you are concerned about by losing your number of weeks pledged count? Would you be equally annoyed if every week that you'd been inactive* were subtracted from that count? If so, why? If not, why object now?

Not trying to deny anyone's right to be annoyed, just wondering...

(* define that as consecutive weeks with 0 merits, or any week where you spent no time at all increasing your merits, as you wish)

I'm pledged but, for me, the whole deal on this is well......... meh.

This!

To those who are long term pledges but been inactive, may I ask what it is that you are concerned about by losing your number of weeks pledged count? Would you be equally annoyed if every week that you'd been inactive* were subtracted from that count? If so, why? If not, why object now?

Not trying to deny anyone's right to be annoyed, just wondering...

(* define that as consecutive weeks with 0 merits, or any week where you spent no time at all increasing your merits, as you wish)

Don't forget that CMDRs who are shopping for powerplay modules will often pledge for 3-and-a-half weeks without earning a single merit, then earn their 750 merits before week 4 hits.

If they get un-pledged during this time, they might get annoyed at having to start the 4 week timer again.

Then they should shoot something during that time. Like a single ship. Or carry a single bit of paper. Something related to Powerplay, which they are going to have to before week 4, anyway.

It's a one off event.

So im supposed to somehow earn merits whilst 40,000ly away?

You can repledge on return? Do you have any standing at this point or are you tier one? Also this is a one off event.

Last edited:
Top Bottom