Powerplay commodity alocartion - where it is ?

So, dear friends, I joined a power. No matter what one, the question is the same for any power.
All nice, make happy and allied with all factions on that system, Since I joined the power with a rank V from my old power, I start my first week with a "stock" of 5000+ merits.
I invested a couple of hours and several dozens of millions and next day I was sitting in a nice, fat pile of 11000 merits, right before the tick, helping to consolidate systems with my workhorse, the old T9.

The power cycle come, I rise again at level 5, I wait some more days, I go collecting my "allocated merits", who, on paper, are 50 for each half hour = 100/h, so 2400 / day, right ?
After 6 days I should have something like 2400 x 6 = 14400 merits to collect FREE, right ?
For my surprise, only first batch of 50 units was "free", next batch was already asking me for 500 000 credits... Well, making the math, that mean 1 million for 100, 10 millions for 1000 and 50 000 000 for 5000... Not cheap, indeed.
My question is - if the info here and in-game say you get 50 commodities "free" each half hour, where are my "free" 14400 ones, after 6 days of waiting ?
Why I am asked to pay after just a batch of 50 "free" ? ....
Thank you all in advance for your help.

You get a free batch of whatever number, in your case 50, every half an hour.

So 50 now, 50 un 30 minutes, 50 in 60 minutes and so on. They dont stack so you cant wait an hour and get another 100 in one go.

You can hurry the process by bribing the person handing them out (or something, I never actually worked out Lore for this) by paying for the next batch at a ridiculous price. Its always guaranteed to cost more than the weekly wage if you bribe your way. The intended gameplay is to apparently pick up one batch and deliver it and back to the Control system for more and then 1 trip again...every 30 minutes. Dedication to the Power or something.

If you do combat by constantly resetting the instance, into SC and back again at Nav Beacon usually best, you can do 750 merits in 2 hrs ish (30 per ship / 10 in CZs hence I used Nav Beacon). So can mix it up or do what you prefer.

You get a free batch of whatever number, in your case 50, every half an hour.

So 50 now, 50 un 30 minutes, 50 in 60 minutes and so on. They dont stack so you cant wait an hour and get another 100 in one go.

You can hurry the process by bribing the person handing them out (or something, I never actually worked out Lore for this) by paying for the next batch at a ridiculous price. Its always guaranteed to cost more than the weekly wage if you bribe your way. The intended gameplay is to apparently pick up one batch and deliver it and back to the Control system for more and then 1 trip again...every 30 minutes. Dedication to the Power or something.

If you do combat by constantly resetting the instance, into SC and back again at Nav Beacon usually best, you can do 750 merits in 2 hrs ish (30 per ship / 10 in CZs hence I used Nav Beacon). So can mix it up or do what you prefer.
Thanks, I was thinking is a bug, but seems to be a design feature.... I prefer to bribe my way up, like I have done before, in 2 h I get over 10 000 merits with the T9, for 100 millions.... that is 30 minutes of painite harvesting, by the current meta ....

By your questions I assume you arent part of the organized PP community. I would advise you to join the one of your respective power for they can help you a great deal. Also this way you won't harm your power - the PP GUI is a lie and following it will often lead you to harming your power without even knowing it.

To your questions: Powerplay hauling is considered an endgame activity, a method to burn credits. We had people burn 1 billion or more credits in a single cycle. It is no way to earn credits. To maintain rank 5, you will need ~5300 merits a cycle, so PP basically becomes a zero sum game.

Actually if properly engineered, one will earn 2000-4000 merits per hour, depending on how good you are (and whether you are in a wing). It is extremely fast. Once again, I have to remind you to please join your power's discord, because undermining and opposing random systems is often not harmful to the enemy power, if they know what they are doing and they can turn your efforts to their benefit.

I just opted to consolidate systems at 100%, even if that was to travel 150-200 yl in a T9 without shields...lucky me, pirates are not very interested in such cargo....to much :p
I just got interdicted once or twice in 10 trips, but is a piece a cake to evade them in a T9 fully engineered....
I do not use Discord, since I) only play solo, I have no team... so, even if I like the idea to help, I cannot do that on Discord ; I wonder why this forum does not have a sub-section for each power so peoples could coordinate efforts... I even open at the idea to receive messages from teams interested in that power asking for specific tasks... but again, not using Discord, my play-time is chaotic (mostly during the night, after job...) so I cannot assume real-time contacts...

Last edited:
I just opted to consolidate systems at 100%, even if that was to travel 150-200 yl in a T9 without shields

I am begging you, it is very likely that fortifying these systems could be a bad move and will actually hurt the power if it goes into turmoil for whatever reason. As I said, there is more to PP than meets the eye and knowledge is key. Without, you are very likely to cause harm.

I do not use Discord, since I) only play solo, I have no team... so, even if I like the idea to help, I cannot do that on Discord

I dont understand. Many PP communities conists of many people who are without squadrons, and ofc entire squadrons who are pledged to the power. They will have a place for you ;) And no, no voice chat or anything required. Many groups offer many channels, but they also have objectives channels that can simply be followed. Those are set upby the planners of the respective groups and the planners (usually) dont make mistakes.

Funny that you mention the sub section on the forums. That was removed 2-3 years ago I believe. Wasn't used much anymore becaue of reddit and the dicords, so they killed it off. Since then, some coordinated communiteis (like Aisling) still do posts, but just with flags/tags. Still works out. However there is also reddit. You can just google the power's name + reddit and you will find them on reddit, including their objectives most likely. If you have a trouble finding them, the sidebar of each reddit references the other ones:

I am begging you, it is very likely that fortifying these systems could be a bad move and will actually hurt the power if it goes into turmoil for whatever reason. As I said, there is more to PP than meets the eye and knowledge is key. Without, you are very likely to cause harm.

I dont understand. Many PP communities conists of many people who are without squadrons, and ofc entire squadrons who are pledged to the power. They will have a place for you ;) And no, no voice chat or anything required. Many groups offer many channels, but they also have objectives channels that can simply be followed. Those are set upby the planners of the respective groups and the planners (usually) dont make mistakes.

Funny that you mention the sub section on the forums. That was removed 2-3 years ago I believe. Wasn't used much anymore becaue of reddit and the dicords, so they killed it off. Since then, some coordinated communiteis (like Aisling) still do posts, but just with flags/tags. Still works out. However there is also reddit. You can just google the power's name + reddit and you will find them on reddit, including their objectives most likely. If you have a trouble finding them, the sidebar of each reddit references the other ones:

Good to hear, this I can do :p

Top Bottom